THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD
Jul 30, 2014 at 5:59 PM Post #2,926 of 3,874
Stainless Steel Magnetic Door Stopper

Cheap but effective!!!

Jul 30, 2014 at 7:55 PM Post #2,927 of 3,874

Not yet.  I was on vacation for a while, then I've been busy remodeling, so I've had to store them for a while.  Should be done with remodeling in another week or two, and will resume tapping...

Also working on a few license plate designs...

nice looking forward to the license plate designs, and more tap handles. Always like seeing new things that people create in this thread.

Aug 2, 2014 at 1:58 PM Post #2,931 of 3,874
Had this on the "to do" list for awhile, and finally got around to it this past week.
Always partial to wood grain, and cherry seemed appropriate here.
Still need to apply some paste wax with a little elbow grease.
Total cost:  about 8 dollars and 43 hours. 
wink.gif

(edit: added naked photo)

Aug 2, 2014 at 3:09 PM Post #2,932 of 3,874
Had this on the "to do" list for awhile, and finally got around to it this past week.
Always partial to wood grain, and cherry seemed appropriate here.
Still need to apply some paste wax with a little elbow grease.
Total cost:  about 8 dollars and 43 hours.  :wink:

That's lovely. Kudos.

Aug 7, 2014 at 12:52 AM Post #2,935 of 3,874
Trying my hand at making a stand out of some wood attached to a clamp meant for a desk lamp. Got the wood, stain, and design all together — tomorrow I'll be at a Maker Space and cut the pieces to size. Hopefully I'll have a nice looking headphone clamp-hanger to share in the next few days!

Aug 7, 2014 at 1:31 AM Post #2,936 of 3,874
I had to Google "Maker Space". Now that is a great idea!

Aug 8, 2014 at 2:23 AM Post #2,937 of 3,874
Still needs a lot of work, but the general pieces are formed for my stand. Looks kind of like a nice cream sandwich, but I'm pretty proud of it! Here's hoping with some more sanding, stain, and a finishing coat it'll look the way I'd like. It attaches to the metal clamp in the picture and serves the function of the Sennheiser HH-10.

Planning on using some light grey stain on the maple and then an oil finish. I'd love to hear your thoughts!

-M

Aug 8, 2014 at 4:04 AM Post #2,938 of 3,874
I think that could look fantastic. Keep at it.

Aug 15, 2014 at 10:44 PM Post #2,939 of 3,874
Some hastily taken shots before I got on a plane this morning, but it's done! Pretty pleased with how it turned out. I have some ideas for little improvements/additions I might make in the future. Definitely could do it faster and better if I tried again. It's made out of bubinga and curly maple and finished with Arm-R-Seal (satin). Clamp is from amazon, $6. Not a beautiful clamp, but it works. Might have been better if painted a different color. Regardless, I'm happy with it. Way better than the Sennheiser HH10 (and cheaper, to boot!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back