THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD
Jun 24, 2014 at 12:27 AM Post #2,868 of 3,874

Just finished my 2 story copper stand just in time for the Calgary meet next weekend still needs some finishing touches but looking good so far.

Jun 24, 2014 at 4:22 AM Post #2,869 of 3,874
  Not bad at all

I just found this one on the web:

machook_multi_800.jpg

This should't be too difficult to copy, except for the suction part. See extra pictures on http://cargocollective.com/workerman/MacHook

I was looking for something like this, too bad they're all gone. 

Jun 24, 2014 at 3:29 PM Post #2,872 of 3,874
  Some really nice pieces here, would like to build a DIY headphone stand. 
Has anyone worked with fiberglass? 

Yes don't go there for a one off, it takes to long ,costs to much and is very stinky.

It's probably not a good idea, but I had a version of an eyeglass holder that would be modified to fiberglass with a wood/aluminum base to be used as a headphone holder for desktop. 

I wanted to throw up a pic but since I'm a new member I can't really throw pics onto the Forum just yet, so I can't really show you guys what I'm envisioning. 
I'll do a few renderings and see how it looks. 

I've also got a buddy that did some fiberglass on the side (repairs to his surfboard) and may ask him for hand on this project. 

Jun 24, 2014 at 4:14 PM Post #2,874 of 3,874

It's probably not a good idea, but I had a version of an eyeglass holder that would be modified to fiberglass with a wood/aluminum base to be used as a headphone holder for desktop. 

I wanted to throw up a pic but since I'm a new member I can't really throw pics onto the Forum just yet, so I can't really show you guys what I'm envisioning. 
I'll do a few renderings and see how it looks. 

I've also got a buddy that did some fiberglass on the side (repairs to his surfboard) and may ask him for hand on this project. 

Look forward to seeing your links and ideas don't be put off by my comments building out of composites it is a very versatile material. I have been making stuff out of it for 25+ years most thing from septic tanks to Americas cup boats so am a little jaded and now relish any opportunity to work with a bit of wood.  

Jun 25, 2014 at 10:56 PM Post #2,876 of 3,874

For a friend to hold his Alpha Dog and 5 IEMs.

All i can say is WoW great job on that one. One of my favorite ones i seen you do yet.

Jun 26, 2014 at 1:18 AM Post #2,877 of 3,874
Dude, before paint it looks like a Predator yanked the spine out of something. After paint it looks like part of HR Giger's Alien! Definitely my favorite

Jul 2, 2014 at 11:29 PM Post #2,879 of 3,874
  This really doesn't qualify as DIY but . .

These things mount on the wall and are for holding a guitar where the neck meets the head. The two fingers are covered in foam.

Same ones I use, I pick them up from Guitar Center here in town, relatively cheap too and doesn't leave any indentations in headbands like some other wall hangers I tried.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back