THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD
Feb 8, 2014 at 8:00 AM Post #2,641 of 3,874
  I know some people find the heads disturbing but I actually like how they add character to an otherwise blank white wall.  
They also get to showcase the headphones in their intended forms.

Two old heads repainted white.

If I were to comment on the heads. I'd say it's because of the length of the neck that is slightly off-putting for me.
Otherwise I agree, it does add some flair to your wall! Nice use of glass btw

Feb 8, 2014 at 1:22 PM Post #2,642 of 3,874
Using heads to display headphones also apply pressure to the earpads making them get flatter quicker. 
(but we're talking about a long period of time here... not mere weeks or months)

Feb 9, 2014 at 1:10 AM Post #2,643 of 3,874
I'm going to see if I can snag a couple of Roman Emperor stone heads for display for the HE-500 and the LCD-2 (Augustus & Marcus). I'll report back once I snoop around.

By the way, I just finished watching Gladiator for the first time, so that may have something to do with it... 
wink.gif

Feb 11, 2014 at 8:35 PM Post #2,645 of 3,874
  I'm going to see if I can snag a couple of Roman Emperor stone heads for display for the HE-500 and the LCD-2 (Augustus & Marcus). I'll report back once I snoop around.

By the way, I just finished watching Gladiator for the first time, so that may have something to do with it... 
wink.gif

That I'd love to see!

Feb 13, 2014 at 7:31 AM Post #2,647 of 3,874
CC - very nice! Something you crafted?

Feb 14, 2014 at 7:04 AM Post #2,650 of 3,874

Hello All,

I also used the hose rack hook from Lowes, and a 3 inch rubber plumbing coupling. The total cost was around $20. I then got online and searched for the Beatles Drumhead Logo of my favorite band and......voila!.........I love it!..........they hold my Sennheiser HD 439s quite nicely. It was easy to do and you can post any of your favorite bands logos from drumheads or otherwise to the round opening left by the 3 inch rubber coupling.

I actually should have placed the wires in the opening in the back as it can be put in the rubber hose coupling in the back. Makes it look even more clean and neat.
Mike

This is great looking; I may try this. Is the rubber coupling also from Lowes?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back