THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD
Dec 26, 2013 at 2:30 AM Post #2,536 of 3,874

Headphone amps need stands too.

The rubber feet under the Lyr and hardwood is leftovers from Home Depot, and the legs are from Ikea.

DUDE NO WAY!!!!! 
I did the SAME exact thing with those same exact legs but I used a small piece of faux wood that my ikea desk is also made out of.  I have my dac sitting up top and my amp below.  I was going to post pics a couple months ago but decided not to (headphone stands not component stands) Those legs work beautifully for what we did : )

EDIT: I'll put up pics once my G109s comes in, right now there's a little E9 underneath and it looks  a little silly.  I cut the wood so there would just be enough room for the g109s so it should look "appropriate."

Dec 27, 2013 at 6:50 AM Post #2,538 of 3,874
$2.80 banana hanger:

2B5208DB.jpg

$2.80 headphone stand

sd5BXAF.jpg

Dec 27, 2013 at 10:00 AM Post #2,542 of 3,874
IKEAs folding alumnium hook. I have this bolted on my computer table's shelf.

http://www.amazon.com/Ikea-Bj%C3%A4rnum-Folding-Hook-Aluminum/dp/B00AZ7BEDK

Dec 27, 2013 at 11:27 AM Post #2,543 of 3,874
  IKEAs folding alumnium hook. I have this bolted on my computer table's shelf.

http://www.amazon.com/Ikea-Bj%C3%A4rnum-Folding-Hook-Aluminum/dp/B00AZ7BEDK

I got a couple of those on my wall - i attached a contact quick release hook to the bottom of them so it could hang the cords without messing with the headbands....i do find that the sharp edges ding up the headbands a little, but I'll live with it....

Dec 29, 2013 at 5:02 PM Post #2,546 of 3,874
Just found this thread and there are some great ideas in here! I was looking around and pictures and decided on a staggered height dual headphone stand. I paid about $15 for the oak at lowes and after about 45 mins of noodling around I built this. It's not the prettiest thing our there but it gets the job done. I used some left over supplies from my T50rp modding to finish them off. I used acoustic foam on the top and sides to cushion the headphones. I also stuck some rounded off felt on the top under the foam to give it a bit of a curve. Just basic command hooks on the back of the posts to hold the cables. 

Dec 29, 2013 at 7:30 PM Post #2,547 of 3,874
Just found this thread and there are some great ideas in here! I was looking around and pictures and decided on a staggered height dual headphone stand. I paid about $15 for the oak at lowes and after about 45 mins of noodling around I built this. It's not the prettiest thing our there but it gets the job done. I used some left over supplies from my T50rp modding to finish them off. I used acoustic foam on the top and sides to cushion the headphones. I also stuck some rounded off felt on the top under the foam to give it a bit of a curve. Just basic command hooks on the back of the posts to hold the cables. 

NOOOOOOOOOOOO! Did you just hacked into my brain and my "blueprint"?! It's exactly the same thing (but with a cable organizer at the bottom) I wanted to build soon T.T

But nice stand!!!

Dec 29, 2013 at 11:06 PM Post #2,548 of 3,874
  Sunday morning.  Time once again for the "Tap Handle of the Week" headphone stand.

Deutsches Bier, umm lecker!!!!
May I ask for a wish, maybe a Staropramen Tap Handle Stand? 

Nice work!! Maybe you can get the top a little rounded? I think it will better for your HP

NOOOOOOOOOOOO! Did you just hacked into my brain and my "blueprint"?! It's exactly the same thing (but with a cable organizer at the bottom) I wanted to build soon T.T

But nice stand!!!

Yeah I know he has that ability 
wink_face.gif
 Now you know, it´s time to make one really quick before he can even have a chance to read your mind

Dec 29, 2013 at 11:12 PM Post #2,549 of 3,874
Thanks for the kind words. The tops actually are rounded (via felt and foam). I may go back and sand them mor rounded just for looks. The foam is quite cushioned though so I'm not worried about it too much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back