THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD
Dec 16, 2013 at 12:13 PM Post #2,521 of 3,874
Just like to add my new stand, used Ikea Gruntdal 6 towel holder along with some Ikea door part cut in half from the as-is area as the base. Total less than 15 bucks.

Thanks for all the great ideas, particularly user hdufour!

Dec 18, 2013 at 3:38 AM Post #2,522 of 3,874
  Yea I found them on like the bottom shelf in the asile I'll b buying mine in 2 days :D getting excited ^^ 

ANd GUESS WHAT... I get Wal Mart DISCOUNT... Oh hey I should totally buy a CRAP ton of them for u guys :O :D

WOOT yea just kidding, make ur own ;3 they are dirt cheap 

I finally did find them at Wal-mart as well. They didn't have any wood ones, but they had really nice black-metal ones for only $5.97!

Dec 21, 2013 at 1:53 AM Post #2,523 of 3,874
  Just thought I'd share my little update :)

Loved the old one, still love it. But love the new addition too! Gj
beerchug.gif

Dec 21, 2013 at 3:38 AM Post #2,525 of 3,874
Not 100% DIY, but added foamy cushion to my stand b/c I was afraid of getting indents in the headband d/t the weight of my HE400s LOL

Dec 21, 2013 at 4:03 AM Post #2,526 of 3,874
Thanks mrAdrian and kalbee :)

I prefer the original one myself, something about the simplicity that made it work. But it didn't suit the 1R as much as it did with the Senn. I think the iPod made a big difference too... but too bad I lost it.

Dec 23, 2013 at 1:07 AM Post #2,528 of 3,874
No Sunday Tap handle headphone stand?.... Whats the world coming to 
beyersmile.png

Dec 23, 2013 at 1:33 AM Post #2,530 of 3,874
Dec 23, 2013 at 8:37 AM Post #2,531 of 3,874
  No Sunday Tap handle headphone stand?.... Whats the world coming to 
beyersmile.png

+1 comm´on enoyzzaj  where are you??I hope everything is fine

Probably a bit tipsy? It is Sunday after all, and, he is the king of tap handle stands. 
wink.gif

My bad.  I got a bit distracted yesterday.

So - to celebrate the beginning of winter, here is the belated Sunday morning "Tap Handle of the Week" headphone stand:

Dec 23, 2013 at 5:16 PM Post #2,532 of 3,874
Hello!

I recently bought a pair of stax sr-202, and excited about the sound of them i decided they deserved a better stand than my previous "uber-ghetto" one:

So i built this stand:

The base is some sort of hardwood, the upper part is a rectangular wood frame, stuffed with quilting batting and covered with a custom embroidered nylon piece.

Hope you will like it.

Dec 23, 2013 at 7:54 PM Post #2,533 of 3,874
federicopol said:

The base is some sort of hardwood, the upper part is a rectangular wood frame, stuffed with quilting batting and covered with a custom embroidered nylon piece.

Looks more like a softwood to me.
But it's fun! I like it. 
That's the first stand I've seen with the Lambda that doesn't make it look super ugly.

Usually I see them on really organic, expensive stands, that totally juxtapose with their form and fail to synergize. 
This looks like some sort of comic sunrise (going from the bottom right). 

Dec 24, 2013 at 6:56 AM Post #2,534 of 3,874
  Hello!

I recently bought a pair of stax sr-202, and excited about the sound of them i decided they deserved a better stand than my previous "uber-ghetto" one:

So i built this stand:

Hope you will like it.

Looks cool

Users who are viewing this thread

Back