The DIY Discman Repair Thread
Oct 19, 2010 at 1:30 AM Post #421 of 579
I have Sony D-303.  It skips when I put it flat and play but it works just fine if I put in 45 degree or some thing. 
I wonder you can share info how to fix the unit.

Thank you.

Apr 16, 2011 at 5:51 PM Post #422 of 579
Seems we have to restart a factory for the Mabuch RF-410 motor :)

found that:
where it's said D66 uses the same motor (but I suspect some others do, please guys with dead Discman, check for us the motor specs)
http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?ie=UTF8&rurl=translate.google.fr&sl=zh-CN&tl=en&u=http://www.jdbbs.com/thread-2335159-1-1.html&usg=ALkJrhgyTGeNOAP-QU2JcBLAQLrqcAl9Ew

and new motors:
http://estore.fox-international.com/productdetail.asp?id=16594

Mine don't skip at all, only some odd noises (bzz, tic, bzz brrr tic tic) now and then in the player, the music flow with easy and "weight". Won't put its modding here as it's not faulty... only if it should read CD-RW, can it play CD-RW? It does not.

Apr 17, 2011 at 3:40 PM Post #423 of 579
That fox-international does not have stock.  I tried to order and they were backorder it forever.

Quote:
Seems we have to restart a factory for the Mabuch RF-410 motor :)

found that:
where it's said D66 uses the same motor (but I suspect some others do, please guys with dead Discman, check for us the motor specs)
http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?ie=UTF8&rurl=translate.google.fr&sl=zh-CN&tl=en&u=http://www.jdbbs.com/thread-2335159-1-1.html&usg=ALkJrhgyTGeNOAP-QU2JcBLAQLrqcAl9Ew

and new motors:
http://estore.fox-international.com/productdetail.asp?id=16594

Mine don't skip at all, only some odd noises (bzz, tic, bzz brrr tic tic) now and then in the player, the music flow with easy and "weight". Won't put its modding here as it's not faulty... only if it should read CD-RW, can it play CD-RW? It does not.

Apr 20, 2011 at 3:16 PM Post #424 of 579
So it's the D-303 curse :'(
I think I'll oil (Thorens TT oil) the bearing and shaft when I'll mod the player. I will report both and hope that preventive lubrication may increase the life of that more-rare-than-the-D-303-istelf motor!

Apr 20, 2011 at 4:02 PM Post #425 of 579

Quote:
I have Sony D-303.  It skips when I put it flat and play but it works just fine if I put in 45 degree or some thing. 
I wonder you can share info how to fix the unit.

Thank you.

There is an adjustment that can be done that often corrects this. I have done it a few times but it has been a few years and have forgotten the specifics. I believe I found the information here on Headfi but over where the portable cd players would be and under skipping D303 or repair of D303 or it may have been this thread. There were even some diagrams. Some searches should bring up the information. I was able to get my D303 to a good working condition, one of them but a second I could not. 

The D303 has one of the best internal amplifier systems of any portable. Too bad it was/is so prone to skipping and isn't really a portable with regards to walking around and using it. 

Apr 21, 2011 at 9:45 AM Post #426 of 579

Yes, adjusting pots does not alway fix the skipping problem.  

Totally agree that D303 has the best headphone output.  I bought a D555 and compare with D303.  I prefer D303's headphone out more.  But D555's lineout is unbeatable.

Quote:
There is an adjustment that can be done that often corrects this. I have done it a few times but it has been a few years and have forgotten the specifics. I believe I found the information here on Headfi but over where the portable cd players would be and under skipping D303 or repair of D303 or it may have been this thread. There were even some diagrams. Some searches should bring up the information. I was able to get my D303 to a good working condition, one of them but a second I could not. 

The D303 has one of the best internal amplifier systems of any portable. Too bad it was/is so prone to skipping and isn't really a portable with regards to walking around and using it. 

Sep 17, 2011 at 1:51 AM Post #428 of 579
Any problems related to SONY D303/35 can be solved now, including notorious skipping issue.

Brand new RF410 motors are ready for your players!

Contact me if you really need service.

Sep 27, 2011 at 9:03 AM Post #431 of 579
Thanks for the motor.  My D303 and D350 are skipping free now!

Quote:
Any problems related to SONY D303/35 can be solved now, including notorious skipping issue.

Brand new RF410 motors are ready for your players!

Contact me if you really need service.

May 15, 2012 at 3:33 PM Post #432 of 579
Recently, I got Sony Discman D-T3 (made in 1987), it spins, plays, but skips every few seconds, it's getting better in the middle or end of CD.
At the beginning of CD, skipping is worse.
Where should I start? I am newbie in term of repairing. I read previous postings, try to open it up, but I can't get into the motor parts or see pots, as the circuit board covers it, and I didn't see how to get it off without loose the those tiny wires. 
experienced DIY, please help me with some advice.

any video/picture on how to disassemble discman, I feel I fail to even open it up. :frowning2:

Jun 15, 2012 at 2:14 AM Post #433 of 579
Is it hard to replace spindle motor in sony d-99 ? Is it mabuchi rf-410 ? (there are a few different models CA/CH etc if I am correct). I would love to see some video tutorials or at least some pictures of your repair work guys, that would be really great and helpful to anyone ! Can anybody send me some service manuals ? I cannot find any for my sony d-99, d-250, d-50mkII, d-100, aiwa xp-7, aiwa xp-33.

Jan 29, 2013 at 3:38 PM Post #434 of 579
hello ppl
i own a sony d ne005 and a panasonic Sl MV60 (both of them gifts).the panasonic SL MV60  has been lying around for quite some time now and i am hoping to revive it courtesy of this thread..the cd player was bought in 2005.it has been used intermittently since..but it stopped working around 4-5 years ago ,when at first it stopped playing discs continuously and then stopped playing altogether,now whenever i pop a disc in and play the display turns on for a moment ,then  it reads "no disc"..there is no spin in the player.i dissembled the player and am posting the clicks.however  
the pics are low resolution .dunno if it helps.??the PCB  is clean and there hasnt been any spill, 
i have  read quite some of the posts in this thread and am determined to try out .the repair of my player.can anyone guide me to this effect?am hopeful someone will guide me to a solution , 
thanx all

Jan 29, 2013 at 10:26 PM Post #435 of 579
Quote:
hello ppl
i own a sony d ne005 and a panasonic Sl MV60 (both of them gifts).the panasonic SL MV60  has been lying around for quite some time now and i am hoping to revive it courtesy of this thread..the cd player was bought in 2005.it has been used intermittently since..but it stopped working around 4-5 years ago ,when at first it stopped playing discs continuously and then stopped playing altogether,now whenever i pop a disc in and play the display turns on for a moment ,then  it reads "no disc"..there is no spin in the player.i dissembled the player and am posting the clicks.however  
the pics are low resolution .dunno if it helps.??the PCB  is clean and there hasnt been any spill, 
i have  read quite some of the posts in this thread and am determined to try out .the repair of my player.can anyone guide me to this effect?am hopeful someone will guide me to a solution , 
thanx all

So can you manual turn the spindle? The laser track might need lubricating also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back