The diary entries of a little girl nearing 30!
Mar 5, 2012 at 1:52 PM Post #2,416 of 15,119

Quote:
I wasn't expecting such a high price, but I guess some of that has to be for the time in finishing them aside from the sound.

I paid $1800 for mine, which is the lowest price available currently. $2000-$2300 is more the norm it seems.

Mar 5, 2012 at 2:01 PM Post #2,417 of 15,119
Yes.  That's a great price relative to the current going rate.  They now make the D7000s seem like a great price too.  I can't wait to see some reviews and hear your thoughts on the HPs.  Still carefully considering these though.

Mar 5, 2012 at 2:17 PM Post #2,419 of 15,119

Quote:
Haha yeah. I haven't bought anything for 2 whole months. Can you believe it?!

PLEASE TEACH ME, I NEED YOUR GUIDANCE MASTER.

Mar 5, 2012 at 3:18 PM Post #2,420 of 15,119
Quote:
I highly doubt ardgedee will go all gossip girl on us and start talking about the RedGiants everywhere, randomly.
tongue_smile.gif

I've already made up some fascinating little facts, you know! Why should verifiable information be necessary?

Mar 5, 2012 at 3:41 PM Post #2,421 of 15,119
Quote:
Haha, I love Stacey Kent! I don't listen to Breakfast on the Morning Tram as much, but I absolutely love Raconte-Moi --- I keep it on replay during my long study sessions!

Hmm, I will consider the Adagio V if I can get a good fit. I need a stop-gap universal now that my DBA-02 is undergoing organ donation procedure...

Well, I like to listen to Raconte-Moi at least as much as to Breakfast on the Morning Tram, but the latter album is better suited for testing sibilance.

Anyway, here's the comparison pic I promised, between stock tips and shortened hybrids. Simply trim the hybrid's stem by about 50-70% with scissors or a sharp knife, resulting in shorter earpieces and easier fit:

Mar 5, 2012 at 3:50 PM Post #2,422 of 15,119
^lol

I don't know, I think people should be allowed the right to smoke. I don't smoke, I've never tried and don't particularly care to find out but I know people that do. I'm not so sure about e-cigarettes. The concept seems sort of tacky; but if it can really help smokers wean off the nicotine because they want to and in a self satisfying way, then I am all for it.

I remember a story from a few years back. I live in Philadelphia, so I've gone to the Pocono 500 3 times with my father. We went just out of a general interest. He wanted to smoke there but wasn't sure so he asked a man sitting next to us. Whats interesting is that there is sort of a silent agreement among the Nascar spectators; the man said to him: "Don't you worry about it, there is no one here in this crowd that will tell you what to do or how to do it." Any politics aside, hearing someone say that was neat.

Mar 5, 2012 at 5:00 PM Post #2,423 of 15,119

Quote:
At the moment I'm checking out a few different websites. I've asked the folks in the cigarette-fi thread if they have any recommendations.

Also, I've been considering trying out those "e-cigarettes," though they remind me of a Cinco product that would appear on Tim & Eric Awesome Show Great Job! for some reason. I think it's a combination of the idea and the name... "e-cigarette." Seems like an interesting concept though.

I have a pack-a-day a friend who went on for months about how he was going to switch to E-Cigarettes, and touting their various advantages, blah blah blah. He bought a whole kit for 300 dollars and I think he tried it for about a week. In the end he said it was equivalent to 30% of the real thing.

In our state, E-cigs were banned because of fears that electronic cigarettes would seem "cool" to youth.

On another tangent: my AD2000's arrived :D

Initial impressions are, I absolutely see what they mean by the forward mids particularly on female vocals. There is a huge sensation of just air and breath in the voices...

Needless to say I initially love it, like I love every new pair. 

Mar 5, 2012 at 5:38 PM Post #2,424 of 15,119
So... did I mention that I got my PS Vita on Friday?
WOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Already bought Stardust Delta, Uncharted and I read that Motostorm RC is going to be a FREE DOWNLOAD?!?
w00t w00t!

Anyway, I'm enjoying it like I do with every new "toy"...

Also, please congratulate me, AT LAST I got the Platinum trophy for Skyrim!
(it only took like 140 hours....) :p

Finally, I got some House of Marley Exodus headphones coming... just to test them out and see how they
perform...

Do any of you guys have any recommendation for a headphone that sounds similar to
the Denon D5000s but that do not leak as much (I listen from normal to semi-loud and it seems people
are listening to what I play most of the time... please note the cans I have on my sig... using the Beyers right now) Thanks.
I'm selling one of my Android phones so the $$$ will probably go to these new ones... 

And for people reading this post, no, I don't have ADD, just wrote what I had in mind...

Bye! :)

Mar 5, 2012 at 5:40 PM Post #2,425 of 15,119
BTW, why do you guys/gals like IEMs so much?!?!
I find them so... ... ... yucky... lol

Mar 5, 2012 at 5:44 PM Post #2,426 of 15,119

Quote:
And for people reading this post, no, I don't have ADD, just wrote what I had in mind...

Bye! :)

You know, it might have been less perplexing if you said you DO have ADD haha. Just kidding.

IEM's are awesome. They whisper to you at night and let you know its all going to be okay.

Mar 5, 2012 at 6:16 PM Post #2,429 of 15,119

Quote:
Quote:

Because they make the left channel smell like limes, and the right channel smell like tangerines.

I wonder what it must be like to be synesthetic and listen to high end audio gear...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back