The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Dec 27, 2012 at 3:28 PM Post #4,156 of 21,761
Dec 27, 2012 at 3:32 PM Post #4,157 of 21,761
Quote:

Wait and get the Fidelio X1...

Yeah? Aesthetics wise, i can live with that. Dey so sexy.

Quote:

*right click, save*

Hehe, I found that back in my days of browsing a chan that is 3 numbers. So many good pictures from there, I kept a folder ^_^ Ps if you like the dinosaur, check the Tzar thread soon. Brannan just told me mine are shipping today!!!!!

Dec 27, 2012 at 3:34 PM Post #4,158 of 21,761
size]

size]

Dec 27, 2012 at 4:01 PM Post #4,159 of 21,761
My christmas present, a stand from my brother-in-law.  Pretty happy about it, all things considered.

Don't know you all that well, but been following off and on for a while.  Hope you guys had a good Christmas.

Dec 27, 2012 at 5:19 PM Post #4,160 of 21,761
Quote:
I seem to have a touch of the Audio-Technica spark at the moment. Picked up the CKM1000, and now I'm seriously considering the CK100Pro and AD2000X.

I'm intrigue by the CKM1000 and the Anniversary Edition, but oddly the existence of the anniversary edition puts me off the normal version because I feel like I'd be missing out. Would you say there is much difference sound wise?

Quote:

24.  Not sure what I'm doing for/about it yet, but there's a sweet arcade bar on the northside I've been meaning to check out.

Happy Birthday :3 What exactly is an arcade bar?

Quote:
Thanks for the list. The SA5000's look intriguing, but the reviews mention a lack of bass. I like a fair amount of bass in my headphones, so that might be a problem. Plus, some folks in these online reviews claim that "Sony's just die after a few years". I hope that's just nonsense!

My pair of SA5000's is pretty old (I'm the second owner), but the stock cable seems quite sturdy despite the comments. The SA5000 is really nicely built; strangely though there is a lack of bass overall the sound is quite pleasant. It definitely has a huge treble emphasis but unlike other examples I've heard with similar signatures, it's nicely smooth in the highs. You can actually get a fairly different sound from the SA5000's from using different earpads; I've found softer earpads warm up the sound.

Quote:

Whenever I see Pusheen I die a little inside from too much cuteness.

Dec 27, 2012 at 5:39 PM Post #4,161 of 21,761
Quote:

My pair of SA5000's is pretty old (I'm the second owner), but the stock cable seems quite sturdy despite the comments. The SA5000 is really nicely built; strangely though there is a lack of bass overall the sound is quite pleasant. It definitely has a huge treble emphasis but unlike other examples I've heard with similar signatures, it's nicely smooth in the highs. You can actually get a fairly different sound from the SA5000's from using different earpads; I've found softer earpads warm up the sound.

The SA5000 definitely does not have any rumbling sub-bass, but from my analysis there is really little quantity of sub-bass, but a lot of mid-bass (200 hz>).

Dec 27, 2012 at 9:58 PM Post #4,162 of 21,761
Happy birthday driver8. Have fun getting drunk tomorrow

My DT1350's are officially on their way to a young aspiring head-fier in British Columbia. I hope he enjoys them as much as I did and takes good care of them.
Thus far AT clip ons sold and Beyer DT1350 sold. The e-Q7 and the FXT90 are still on the FS forums. I wonder how long before the next bored head-fier trolls me with a crazy offer.

Dec 27, 2012 at 10:24 PM Post #4,163 of 21,761
Quote:
That's interesting and does warrant a second longer listen, now that my ears seem to be able to dissect songs much more easily and faster. BTW, from the 30 minutes audition with it in Jaben Malaysia way back in summer, in my notes I wrote that the more stand out impression is on my ears and temple
tongue.gif
. Damn the clamp is too strong, and since it's not mine, I can't stretch the headband out. And I think I do need to adjust the positioning more since it's such a small headphone. Oh and according to my notes, I seem to wrote that it's mediocre all around, except the clamp LOL. Was hoping that it could be "it" in the summer, but ... Hopefully by the time I'm back in Malaysia, the Sony Centre there have the 1R, and hopefully somewhere have the UE6000 for me to try out first.

If you ever do get a chance to listen to them again take the albums The Fat Of The Land by Prodigy, Vegas by The Crystal Method, 1Giant Leap by 1 Giant Leap Imaginareum by Nightwish and Ver 2.0 by Garbage with you as test albums. They all sound quite good on that little headphone. I'd also suggest Painkiller by Judas Priest and Flesh Power Dominion by Callenish Circle but I doubt you roll with that type of music.

Dec 28, 2012 at 1:49 AM Post #4,164 of 21,761
I like Nightwish, but can't seem to get into Imaginareum. Once and DPP are my favorites.

Dec 28, 2012 at 6:48 AM Post #4,167 of 21,761
Quote:
I can't read moonrunes as well as I used to (so I didn't actually try), but the FAD site makes that look like an unvented FI-BA-SS and I remember you saying they sounded similar.  Would you know if the drivers are similar, or maybe the same?

Re: the Sextetts: I think mine sound really good for headphones I got for $100 but can never find reason to use them anymore.  No idea which ones they are.  RD offered to identify them before.  I should take him up on that.

24.  Not sure what I'm doing for/about it yet, but there's a sweet arcade bar on the northside I've been meaning to check out.

Happy Birthday!

Dec 28, 2012 at 10:22 AM Post #4,170 of 21,761
Quote:
Also I kinda want to pick up a pair of sub-$500 Heil-tweeter speakers:

Those look an awful lot like the old ADAM non-pro model Artist Series with the X-ART tweeter.  They still carry the same basic speaker but in a wood finish.  This is my current A5X:

EDIT:  just checked and the 'Artist Series' is still around.  Sourced mine at amazon, btw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back