The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
May 9, 2013 at 1:40 AM Post #11,297 of 21,761
All I can say is that I want it. They had me at true subwoofer. Lol.

May 9, 2013 at 1:41 AM Post #11,299 of 21,761
Quote:

Hmm, dunno about that.  But while we're on the subject of alternatives to a reshell...  Veyron, would you be interested in a temporary replacement?

It doesn't seem that far off from what you're used to, and it's on sale for only $50 on Amazon right now.

I have my XBA3 as an daily beater ATM...... and I dont think I need another IEM........
Quote:

Probably because an SE535 in need of repair won't fetch very much?

Not to mention with the SE964 or whatever coming out, my SE535 is probs worth 10 dollars 
biggrin.gif
 I dont hate my SE535, though it complements my XBA3 well. but it just wasnt worth 470 dollars in hindsight. 

May 9, 2013 at 1:49 AM Post #11,302 of 21,761
I tend to think that if any company bangs on about bass, they will deliver bass. XBA-4 for example. I have huge love for dark but competent IEMs...

May 9, 2013 at 1:56 AM Post #11,303 of 21,761
Quote:
Is it retail, or is it the "MRSP retail" that no one really follows?

"True Subwoofer" - thereby making all the subwoofers just not as trustworthy.

it's the "MSRP retail". I'm guessing it will stay at 1k when everything settles down. Only earphone solutions has them listed and they have a lot of discounts as well.

EDIT: I am persnally surprised that they focused on the "true subwoofer". I felt it was the treble that was lacking in the 535. 

May 9, 2013 at 2:00 AM Post #11,304 of 21,761
Quote:

it's the "MSRP retail". I'm guessing it will stay at 1k when everything settles down. Only earphone solutions has them listed and they have a lot of discounts as well.

EDIT: I am persnally surprised that they focused on the "true subwoofer". I felt it was the treble that was lacking in the 535. 

Sounds about right. $1,300 is likely the MSRP, while street value is closer to 1K. It's a nice lookin IEM fo sho, but I'll wait for those impressions to roll in to separate reality from the PR spiel 

May 9, 2013 at 2:04 AM Post #11,305 of 21,761
A lot of roll-off, yes -

Rin's graph shows pretty much the same thing.
I was always of the opinion that the dynamics and leading edge transients were dulled down a little with these.

May 9, 2013 at 2:18 AM Post #11,308 of 21,761
I think it's safe to say that the new IEM is a statement more than an actual innovation with the "True Subwoofer". They deliberately chose the clear shell and deliberately laser-etched/engraved their logo and driver number on each armature. They probably could have just kept a solid shell ala 535, got rid of the driver markings and not mention things about "others taking 2 years to catch up technologically" and just called it the 635 but they know they can obviously squeeze it for more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back