The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Apr 4, 2013 at 9:41 AM Post #9,646 of 21,761
Hello guys....received this little baby yesterday and tried it with my top ciems...well I am still not sure, but it is possible the DX100 will be for sale soon.

I hope that all is well in China since H7N9 is creeping up lately. We're also on alert here in Hong Kong so good luck with everyone.

Over the year's I've seen quite a few interesting gadgets but Altmann Tera-Player is the first one I actually own and enjoy.

That legendary Sony Qualia 017 is really special as well but it went out-of-product for many years already:

sony2_03.jpg

sony2_04.jpg

288370389_0b5f744ea5_o.jpg

http://hi.baidu.com/chinsniper/item/c4456014bc3c969f98ce3375

http://bbs.imp3.net/thread-881510-1-1.html

The rest of them should be nothing more than eye candy IMHO but that rose gold is such a good match for FAD FI-DC1601SC

http://www.akibadirect.com/shopdetail/007002000681

BlackBerry-9700-Bold-2-Braz.jpg

http://goldstriker.co.uk/shop/rose-gold-iphone-ambassador-p-138.html

iPhone_5_white_platinum_ultimate_01.jpg

iPhone_5_white_platinum_ultimate_02.jpg

iPhone_5_white_platinum_ultimate_03.jpg

iPhone_5_white_platinum_ultimate_04.jpg

iPhone_5_white_platinum_ultimate_05.jpg

iPhone_5_white_platinum_ultimate_06.jpg

http://www.indulgeingold.com.au/products.php

yhst-135585420850479_2251_1127750

http://www.ashegold.com/18rogomaair.html

Apr 4, 2013 at 12:16 PM Post #9,647 of 21,761
[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMbIrLY1mZ0[/video]

I don't really understand the words to this song, but the acoustic guitar and vocals are really good to my ears.

Does anyone know what genre this is and how I can find more of this type of music? I'm really tired and need some laid back acoustic stuff that doesn't pound my ears.

--------

On another topic, does anyone know if Tilpo is still around? He had a really cool blog that showcased images of headphones and audio stuff that I liked but he hasn't updated it in 6 months. If you see this Tilpo, bring it back! I love it.

Apr 4, 2013 at 12:27 PM Post #9,648 of 21,761
Quote:
I don't really understand the words to this song, but the acoustic guitar and vocals are really good to my ears.

Does anyone know what genre this is and how I can find more of this type of music? I'm really tired and need some laid back acoustic stuff that doesn't pound my ears.

Korean music, you've strayed away from mainstream stuff. Great choice!

Have a couple bands that might interest you. Nell does great work:

Also going to give you a recommendation of a JPop group - Supercell has some great music to just kick back and listen to

Apr 4, 2013 at 1:02 PM Post #9,649 of 21,761

If you're looking for K-pop specifically, try Lucid Fall. Not really my cuppa tea but my partner has bunches of his albums, which I'll take as an endorsement. :)

Apr 4, 2013 at 2:30 PM Post #9,650 of 21,761
Who are you referring to ?
You should assume that participants in this thread generally do not hang out in all the other threads here that you guys do.

So if you bring conversations into here from elsewhere, provide more context or be more constructive with your answers when you're asked what you're talking about.

Otherwise you're going to fork this thread into people chattering about their head-fi in-jokes and the people trying to ignore that chatter.

Apr 4, 2013 at 4:25 PM Post #9,652 of 21,761
Roger Ebert has just passed, only one day after his retirement letter. His last review was for The Host. I'm really gonna miss his personal touch in film reviews :frowning2:

Apr 4, 2013 at 4:29 PM Post #9,653 of 21,761
Have read his reviews for so long now, he will definitely be missed!
RIP!

Apr 4, 2013 at 4:35 PM Post #9,654 of 21,761
Apr 4, 2013 at 5:10 PM Post #9,655 of 21,761
Quote:
He needs to get back on his meds, the guy is seriously unbalanced.

Somewhere out in the middle of the Aussie outback a small township is missing their village loon. End result, the local pharmacy now has a surplus of aspirin and Lithium.

Group photo of the Weird family. Uncle Evil Eddie was on vacation and couldn't be present for the photo shoot

Apr 4, 2013 at 5:17 PM Post #9,656 of 21,761
warren, kudos to your dealing with zardak.

oh, and that guy (EDIT:  mutabor) who complained he was called a bunch of names here?  He was.  I mean, only after trolling HARD, and insulting MF's knowledge.  Not that he portrayed it that way....

Apr 4, 2013 at 6:12 PM Post #9,657 of 21,761
Apr 4, 2013 at 7:06 PM Post #9,658 of 21,761
Quote:
oh, and that guy (EDIT:  mutabor) who complained he was called a bunch of names here?  He was.  I mean, only after trolling HARD, and insulting MF's knowledge.  Not that he portrayed it that way....

Eh, he always struck me as the sort of person who tries too hard to come across as provocative. Some interesting discussions resulted from his posts for a while, though it was a little difficult to engage him directly because he seemed to misread / misrepresent the arguments he was responding to often times. Not sure if it was a language thing (though his English seemed very good) or just purposeful. His tendency to make sweeping generalizations over cherry-picked and glossed details also got old very quickly.

Things went downhill from there. Going out of your way to be contrary loses any usefulness in stimulating discussion once said person is no longer willing to have an actual discussion. It got to the point where he'd reply to posts but never actually address the points in the post itself, instead attacking the poster. For instance when I responded to his claiming women as priests was a historically alien concept by citing actual historical examples to the contrary, he didn't offer any counterpoints so much as accuse me of having some kind of homosexual feminist agenda and brainwashing everyone in this thread. That's not insulting my knowledge so much as just being over-the-top and histrionic. I suppose he *did* insult my knowledge by saying my view of the world was narrow, but this was based on the erroneous accusation that I claimed to speak for some majority, something I never in fact claimed (quite the contrary). Meanwhile he claimed to have insight into what the majority of the world really thought. This I found interesting in two respects: first because it implied he was very well-traveled, and secondly because it shed light on how he conceptualized "truth."

Anyway, it was the breakdown in actual discussion that lead to hostilities flaring I think. Take away the willingness to engage others mutually, and you're essentially left with a heckler.

Quote:
Muppetface, as requested I uploaded my XBA-40 comparisons and a video!

TY!

Quote:
Somewhere out in the middle of the Aussie outback a small township is missing their village loon. End result, the local pharmacy now has a surplus of aspirin and Lithium.

Alternatively: their windows will be a lot cleaner now that they're not being licked all the time.

Apr 4, 2013 at 7:17 PM Post #9,659 of 21,761
Alternatively: their windows will be a lot cleaner now that they're not being licked all the time.

Lmao, I'm not sure if I saw that in a movie or read it in some horror or comedy book but for whatever reason that remark jogs a distant memory of some sketchy fictional character caught licking windows

------------------------------------
What the heck is up with Huddler? The last few days every time I try to make a post or update a post half the menu options are missing and there's the following quoted message
The rich text editor is not compatible with your browser. You may see some HTML source displayed. Any BBCode you enter will be converted to HTML when you save.

A couple of times I've had to shut down Firefox and fire up crappy Explorer to properly edit some posts. I've updated Firefox and until a couple of days ago all was well. when did Huddler do a system update?
---------------------------------------------
Nice review as always a_recording.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back