The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Mar 24, 2013 at 5:31 PM Post #8,881 of 21,763
Quote:
As a 51 year old man, I can confirm feeling age - however I can also confirm that youth is wasted on the young...
tongue.gif

It really is. Even at my tender age, I look back and think of things I could have done differently earlier in life.

I can only imagine what it will be like to get old, when my mind will still be fresh, but I'll be trapped in a body that limits what I can/can't do/eat/drink, etc.

The day I can't wipe my own butt is the day I commit suicide.

Mar 24, 2013 at 5:34 PM Post #8,882 of 21,763
I'm 42 years young and can still out mosh a 16 year old any day of the week. Yes the next day I'll barely be able to move but that's not the point

Mar 24, 2013 at 6:16 PM Post #8,883 of 21,763
Quote:

It really is. Even at my tender age, I look back and think of things I could have done differently earlier in life.

I can only imagine what it will be like to get old, when my mind will still be fresh, but I'll be trapped in a body that limits what I can/can't do/eat/drink, etc.

don't do suicide. wrong way to die man 
angry_face.gif
! Just take it as it comes. Don't think about that stuff now. The journey not the destination. What you do in life, not when it's done. 

JUST HAD A WATCHGASM. New episode of unicorn <3

Mar 24, 2013 at 7:08 PM Post #8,884 of 21,763
Quote:
 Why do we assume doing the right thing is hard? Does "doing the right thing" actually have to hurt you to be the right thing? I get the whole concept of sacrifice, believe me. However I don't think sacrifice is intrinsically necessarily for something to be "the right thing." In the case of videogames, I'd argue that making the good decisions harder is essentially stripping them of ambiguity, basically acting as a red flag for what the developer often thinks is the just action. I think the developers realized this and struggled with it in the first game.

I don't think that doing the right thing should instrinsically be the harder thing. But the result should, as you point out for Mass Effect, at least be different. If moral dilemmas are meant to be an interesting gameplay dynamic they should actually, you know, be interesting. 

I liked the morality(?) system in Catherine, but amusingly did not really want to end up with either of the choices in that game.

Quote:
Ye, twinqy is a yaoi fangirl. Fujoshi. 

Ahhh, yaoi. Fun fun. When I was the art director of our university Anime club (and a yaoi fangirl was our president) we were known among the universities in Sydney as THE crazy yaoi club. 

We were also, by far, the largest university anime society lol, with a higher membership then all the other clubs combined. I like to think it was because we were just so crazy. (No not everyone was a yaoi fan).

Quote:

Some people believe that their body is dead even before their mind dies! Sounds like good times.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cotard_delusion

Mar 24, 2013 at 8:05 PM Post #8,885 of 21,763
Okay, now I finally have time to really listen to the Diary mixtape...

I can't believe I have never really listened to Kraftwerk. Boy this stuff is fun.

I realised I should have made my submission this Talking Heads track:

I love the way this track ends in shouting.

Mar 24, 2013 at 8:15 PM Post #8,886 of 21,763
Did anyone ever make a playlist on YT for the mix-tape?

Mar 24, 2013 at 9:44 PM Post #8,887 of 21,763
Quote:

I know they're tuned for Complys, but tbh I don't like the bass with these. UE gray silicons with (red) Sony hybrids as spacers work best for me so far.

I'm still not quite content though and want to try out more options when I find the time.

The large UE silicone from the TF10s work best for me.Brings the most balance to the sound :).

Mar 24, 2013 at 11:27 PM Post #8,889 of 21,763
Quote:

I don't think that doing the right thing should instrinsically be the harder thing. But the result should, as you point out for Mass Effect, at least be different. If moral dilemmas are meant to be an interesting gameplay dynamic they should actually, you know, be interesting. 

I liked the morality(?) system in Catherine, but amusingly did not really want to end up with either of the choices in that game.

Ahhh, yaoi. Fun fun. When I was the art director of our university Anime club (and a yaoi fangirl was our president) we were known among the universities in Sydney as THE crazy yaoi club. 

We were also, by far, the largest university anime society lol, with a higher membership then all the other clubs combined. I like to think it was because we were just so crazy. (No not everyone was a yaoi fan).

Some people believe that their body is dead even before their mind dies! Sounds like good times.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cotard_delusion

animu club? dang meng. And in uni. Like a manga/animu/ln >:0

Mar 24, 2013 at 11:44 PM Post #8,890 of 21,763
Quote:
Just got back from my China trip. I was very tempted to buy some beats by dre for $20 a pop, but they really do sound as bad as people say. Not even worth the effort of packing it in my bag.

Hey dude, good to see you back on thread. I was wondering what happened to you. So you have fun on your trip?

Mar 25, 2013 at 12:22 AM Post #8,892 of 21,763
Okay, I've been reading through this thread for a while.  While I haven't had much interaction with many of the regulars here (outside of Maxvla in general and MF in the LG thread), I guess there's no time like the present to jump into the thread.

Since I've noticed there are a lot of IEM users here, I thought I'd ask does anyone know anything about these?  It's a 3-way dynamic from Unique Melody.  It seems there's a dearth of information on them, and I kept getting errors when I tried to sign up for email notifications.  I've tried a few IEMs in the past, most notably the Westone 4R and Sennheiser IE80 with a few others scattered in there.  What I've found is that anything I've tried that employs balanced armatures has just sounded wrong to me.  I actually thought the 4R's sounded very good, but for some reason something sounded unnatural.  I think the bass output of the IE80 is way too strong, but it's the one IEM that's still in my stable since it doesn't sound fake to me.  I realize that I've probably got some sort of subconscious (is this the right term?) bias against BA's, but I don't really feel like undergoing any psychological treatment to get me to like BA IEMs.  I've also found that I'm a little sensitive to poorly implemented crossovers in speakers, so it could just be that the IEMs I've tried don't do a good job in this regard.  Perhaps I'd really change my tune if I used a set of tri-amped JH-16's, but I'm not really too keen to dump that much money down the IEM "rabbit hole" for now.  Regardless of the rest of this long-winded paragraph, I really am curious if anyone has heard anything about the new 3-way UM CIEM's (at least I assume they're customs).

Anyway,  Hello thread.  Nice to meet you.

Dave

Mar 25, 2013 at 12:28 AM Post #8,894 of 21,763
Quote:
Okay, I've been reading through this thread for a while.  While I haven't had much interaction with many of the regulars here (outside of Maxvla in general and MF in the LG thread), I guess there's no time like the present to jump into the thread.

Since I've noticed there are a lot of IEM users here, I thought I'd ask does anyone know anything about these?  It's a 3-way dynamic from Unique Melody.  It seems there's a dearth of information on them, and I kept getting errors when I tried to sign up for email notifications.  I've tried a few IEMs in the past, most notably the Westone 4R and Sennheiser IE80 with a few others scattered in there.  What I've found is that anything I've tried that employs balanced armatures has just sounded wrong to me.  I actually thought the 4R's sounded very good, but for some reason something sounded unnatural.  I think the bass output of the IE80 is way too strong, but it's the one IEM that's still in my stable since it doesn't sound fake to me.  I realize that I've probably got some sort of subconscious (is this the right term?) bias against BA's, but I don't really feel like undergoing any psychological treatment to get me to like BA IEMs.  I've also found that I'm a little sensitive to poorly implemented crossovers in speakers, so it could just be that the IEMs I've tried don't do a good job in this regard.  Perhaps I'd really change my tune if I used a set of tri-amped JH-16's, but I'm not really too keen to dump that much money down the IEM "rabbit hole" for now.  Regardless of the rest of this long-winded paragraph, I really am curious if anyone has heard anything about the new 3-way UM CIEM's (at least I assume they're customs).

Anyway,  Hello thread.  Nice to meet you.

Dave

IEMs are stupid. 
Hi.
Quote:
I wonder if there was room in the bag for a Gaiwan... I'd leave The Beats on the street 
tongue_smile.gif
 for a Gaiwan!

Drop both for a fresh (somewhat) pineapple.

Mar 25, 2013 at 12:56 AM Post #8,895 of 21,763
Quote:

Getting old is not necessarily a prerequisite for that.

Quote:
Did anyone ever make a playlist on YT for the mix-tape?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLThbm11qQY&list=PL8sCxCnS7qCAa5yOCvdtLkJAlS2_FyRkW

Users who are viewing this thread

Back