The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Mar 23, 2013 at 8:44 PM Post #8,791 of 21,763
Quote:

TBH, I actually don't know.  I never got past the cheerleading outfit, and the game was competing for my attention with a lot of other titles, so I never looked very deeply into it.

Yeah, I gotta say that I'm pretty intrigued as well, especially since it has portable potential! 
smile.gif

bah. looks to lame to be true. 

Mar 23, 2013 at 8:45 PM Post #8,792 of 21,763
Quote:
First reviews of Bioshock Infinite have hit: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/03/22/bioshock-infinite-xbox-360ps3-review
Awesome looking, so far.

Hey y'all, who's gonna be playing this?  I'm pretty sure you'll be picking it up Mupps.  I'm almost sure I will.  You Jeffrey?

Mar 23, 2013 at 10:06 PM Post #8,794 of 21,763
Quote:
Quote:
Yeah, I gotta say that I'm pretty intrigued as well, especially since it has portable potential! 
smile.gif

You are truly a Mobile Professional...

Only in every possible definition of the term other than the commonly accepted one, but I thank you anyway Sir! 
wink.gif

BTW, I'm looking at JDS's page on the C5.  Does anyone know why it comes with a USB cable?

Mar 23, 2013 at 10:21 PM Post #8,796 of 21,763
Warren, I've got it pre-ordered. Always loved the Bioshock and System Shock games, great storytelling and memorable villains. I can't wait to see what the twist is in Infinite's story.

The 596 must be a rare bird, my Ebay searches turned-up nothing.

Mar 23, 2013 at 10:25 PM Post #8,797 of 21,763
Quote:

BTW, met Jessica Nigri at E3 last year where she was doing her Lollipop Chainsaw thing.  I gotta say, very impressive.  One of the - if not the - most accurate cosplay portrayals I have ever seen

I really want to do that cosplay one day.

Quote:
Hey y'all, who's gonna be playing this?

Oddly I got to about 90% of Bioshock and then never finished it. (I got to the 'twist'). Not that I didn't enjoy it but... I guess I didn't enjoy it in some way? I dunno.

Mar 23, 2013 at 10:38 PM Post #8,799 of 21,763
Lollipop Chainsaw is alright. I'm a pretty big fan of Grasshopper Games so it was a real letdown after Killer 7 and No More Heroes, but it's entertaining in its own right. I'm hoping Killer is Dead is a return to form, but since Suda is once again serving as Executive Producer I'm not too confident. Thank the lawd for Platinum Games in any case.

Waiting on my preorder of Infinite to arrive. Ordered the premium edition. It's my most anticipated game of the year, so I'm looking forward to digging in

Mar 23, 2013 at 10:44 PM Post #8,800 of 21,763
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
smile.gif

You are truly a Mobile Professional...

Only in every possible definition of the term other than the commonly accepted one, but I thank you anyway Sir! 
wink.gif

BTW, I'm looking at JDS's page on the C5Does anyone know why it comes with a USB cable?

For charging via computer...

Mar 23, 2013 at 10:45 PM Post #8,801 of 21,763
Only in every possible definition of the term other than the commonly accepted one, but I thank you anyway Sir!  :wink:

BTW, I'm looking at JDS's page on the C5.  Does anyone know why it comes with a USB cable?

Isn't the USB for charging? You will note that it does not say it comes with a wall charger, so they must be assuming you will charge it off you PC, or from your own USB power cube.

Mar 23, 2013 at 10:49 PM Post #8,802 of 21,763
Quote:
Mainly with regards to isolation and bass, and which one of the two that have less vocal suckout. I realise that these are first and foremost bassy headphones though, so I'm not really expecting them to be a go-to headphones for vocals, but more for (trans)portable use.

I've come to the conclusion that portable use could always use a bit more bass to compensate for background noise.

EDIT: And general sound signature comparison to the FXT90 if you still have it.

Let's see, isolation I would say the M-100 slightly edges out the M-80 but they both aren't the greatest isolating headphones so keep that in mind. As for vocals, believe it or not the M-100 in my opinion does vocals acceptably well, especially female vocals, considering part of the mids sound recessed when compared to the M-80. Yes the mids on the M-100 could have been done better but vocals isn't one of the problems. The M-80 does have more fluid mids if that's what you're looking for and it's mids sound nice the louder it's played. As for comparing the two cans to the FXT90 the M-100 would come closest because it's the less balanced headphone. One thing I'm going to warn you about right now the M-100 doesn't have sparkly highs like the FXT90 and the M-80 in my book practically has no highs. As for bass, the M-80 isn't exactly that bassy. I'd say the bass on the M-80 is maybe spiked up 2 or 3 db's while the M-100 is 8 or 9. If you're looking for an all arounder get the M-80 it will do various music quite well but if your music is mostly electronica and modern bassy pop I say get the M-100 because it especially excels with those 2 genres. This is all just my view though so take what I just wrote out with a grain of salt.

Back on the 4A front the Heir 4A is an awesome pairing with the ALO RX MKII-B, especially in balanced. Right now I've got my CLAS-db connected to the MKIII with the ALO 22 copper balanced connector and the 4A being driven with it's standard SE connector and it's sounding phenomenal. I'm getting a little background hiss but it's a non issue once the music starts to play. To my ears, after A/Bing between my SE interconnects and my balanced interconnect I find it does make a difference. I'm officially a believer in going with a balanced setup. I wonder if there would be any noticeable difference if I tried a balanced cable on my 4A with my present setup?

Mar 23, 2013 at 10:49 PM Post #8,803 of 21,763
Quote:
Warren, I've got it pre-ordered. Always loved the Bioshock and System Shock games, great storytelling and memorable villains. I can't wait to see what the twist is in Infinite's story.

The 596 must be a rare bird, my Ebay searches turned-up nothing.

I thought it appropriate to use "very rare." 
evil_smiley.gif

Mar 23, 2013 at 10:56 PM Post #8,805 of 21,763
Quote:

wink.gif

Just a theory.....
wink_face.gif

Smart USB Charging
Powered by a large 1200mAh Li-Ion battery, C5 quickly charges from any USB port (computer, tablet charger, cell phone charger, etc.). A single LED indicates battery status: solid green while on, blinking while battery is low, or blue while charging.

Edit.....it seems a couple of others answered this before I posted. Silly me for not reading to the end first! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back