The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Feb 8, 2013 at 3:56 AM Post #5,672 of 21,763
I just got done watching the recent GoDaddy Super Bowl commercial with Bar Raefaeli, and the only thing I was thinking of after I watched it was whether or not Jesse Heiman had Cushing's Syndrome... I don't know whether that's a good or bad thing.

Feb 8, 2013 at 6:02 AM Post #5,673 of 21,763
Quote:
I just got done watching the recent GoDaddy Super Bowl commercial with Bar Raefaeli, and the only thing I was thinking of after I watched it was whether or not Jesse Heiman had Cushing's Syndrome... I don't know whether that's a good or bad thing.

Speak of the deybul.

My older brother was diagnosed with that a few months ago. But then I think he was on Prednisone for like two years nonstop before that?

Feb 8, 2013 at 6:42 AM Post #5,674 of 21,763
Quote:
Speak of the deybul.

My older brother was diagnosed with that a few months ago. But then I think he was on Prednisone for like two years nonstop before that?

Yeah, that's long-term corticosteroid use will do that. Has it reversed itself yet? e.g. hyperglycemia, skin effects, weight gain, etc. Unfortunately, some other things are a little more permanent; hopefully, the effects weren't too deleterious?

Feb 8, 2013 at 7:08 AM Post #5,675 of 21,763
Yeah, that's long-term corticosteroid use will do that. Has it reversed itself yet? e.g. hyperglycemia, skin effects, weight gain, etc. Unfortunately, some other things are a little more permanent; hopefully, the effects weren't too deleterious?

Ahh I was going to ask before are you a doctor?

Feb 8, 2013 at 7:49 AM Post #5,676 of 21,763
Very rare infinity electrostatic headphones on Ebay

http://www.ebay.de/itm/RARITAT-Elektrostatische-Kopfhorer-INFINITY-ES-1-ME-10D-/261165037437?pt=Kopfh%C3%B6rer&hash=item3ccea6377d

SNV30088.jpg

Feb 8, 2013 at 9:24 PM Post #5,678 of 21,763
Looks like Schiit released an updated version of Asgard with switchable gain and preamp outs, the Asgard 2.

http://schiit.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=0&products_id=16

Feb 8, 2013 at 10:10 PM Post #5,679 of 21,763
Frustrated with Fedex today. I work at noon on weekdays (also when my business opens) and here Fedex always delivers to homes in the afternoon and businesses in mostly morning but also afternoon. So literally opposite of where I will be. I have stuff I need to sign for sent to my business since I will never catch them at home. So today I'm expecting my LCD-2s. I refresh tracking a few times this morning, no delivery attempt yet, then leave for work which is 5 minutes away. I arrive and find a delivery notice on the door that they had JUST been there. :mad: So I look over the door tag to find out where I can pick it up when the truck finishes it's route. I used to do this often when I was into computers because I had shipments of various parts coming in all the time. Not only do I not find it shown on the door tag, it is not an option on the Fedex site. So I call customer service and they inform me that it is not possible to pick up the package from the distribution center anymore and that my only option is to have the package forwarded to a fedex office location. So I do that and a couple hours later the tracking shows 'en route to fedex office location'. I get off work 7 hours after I had diverted the package and about 5 hours after it showed it was on the way to the fedex office location and head over there to pick it up. It isn't there and the person behind the counter says it will be sitting on the truck all weekend until Monday and it can't be picked up by any means until then.

So I guess what I'm going to have to do from now on is divert any Fedex packages I'm receiving to the office location so I can pick it up on the day it arrives. What a great DELIVERY service! I have to self deliver because they can't keep a normal schedule. Sometimes my packages get delivered at 10am sometimes at 6pm and all in between. If I had any clue when the delivery would take place I could tell them where to go, or have it sent to the right place from the beginning.

Feb 8, 2013 at 10:38 PM Post #5,680 of 21,763
Quote:
Frustrated with Fedex today. I work at noon on weekdays (also when my business opens) and here Fedex always delivers to homes in the afternoon and businesses in mostly morning but also afternoon. So literally opposite of where I will be. I have stuff I need to sign for sent to my business since I will never catch them at home. So today I'm expecting my LCD-2s. I refresh tracking a few times this morning, no delivery attempt yet, then leave for work which is 5 minutes away. I arrive and find a delivery notice on the door that they had JUST been there.
mad.gif
So I look over the door tag to find out where I can pick it up when the truck finishes it's route. I used to do this often when I was into computers because I had shipments of various parts coming in all the time. Not only do I not find it shown on the door tag, it is not an option on the Fedex site. So I call customer service and they inform me that it is not possible to pick up the package from the distribution center anymore and that my only option is to have the package forwarded to a fedex office location. So I do that and a couple hours later the tracking shows 'en route to fedex office location'. I get off work 7 hours after I had diverted the package and about 5 hours after it showed it was on the way to the fedex office location and head over there to pick it up. It isn't there and the person behind the counter says it will be sitting on the truck all weekend until Monday and it can't be picked up by any means until then.

So I guess what I'm going to have to do from now on is divert any Fedex packages I'm receiving to the office location so I can pick it up on the day it arrives. What a great DELIVERY service! I have to self deliver because they can't keep a normal schedule. Sometimes my packages get delivered at 10am sometimes at 6pm and all in between. If I had any clue when the delivery would take place I could tell them where to go, or have it sent to the right place from the beginning.

That's why I never use Fedex... also, Fedex is a pain in the ass when it comes to international shipping because they have a very strict tax on import goods policy. With other international shipping methods, I often get away with not paying tax at all.

Feb 8, 2013 at 10:47 PM Post #5,681 of 21,763
Quote:

That's why I never use Fedex... also, Fedex is a pain in the ass when it comes to international shipping because they have a very strict tax on import goods policy. With other international shipping methods, I often get away with not paying tax at all.

Same applies to UPS. Plus UPS also has a tendency of breaking my ****. That is why I opted for EMS to deliver my Heir 8As. Hoping I can avoid Customs charges....

Feb 8, 2013 at 11:57 PM Post #5,682 of 21,763
So tracking updated an hour ago saying it arrived at fedex location. Just got off the phone with them and it isn't there. Fun times.

Feb 9, 2013 at 12:13 AM Post #5,683 of 21,763
Quote:
So tracking updated an hour ago saying it arrived at fedex location. Just got off the phone with them and it isn't there. Fun times.

If I were you I would not only make a complaint to the FedEx customer service but inform whatever outfit you bought your headphones from how shoddy FedEx delivery services are. I'm sure the business you bought your LCD2's from don't appreciate the idea of gear costing 1000 bones needlessly floating around in limbo when it should be in the customers hands.

By the way Max, I thought you were sold on the Sennheiser 598 and HD800. What prompted you to invest in a LCD2? The signature isn't exactly similar to your other two go to headphones.

Feb 9, 2013 at 12:58 AM Post #5,684 of 21,763
HD598? Nah. I sold those right after I did my review of them. Only had them for a couple weeks in March 2012. http://www.head-fi.org/t/602947/sennheiser-hd598

LCD-2 with a bright high resolution SS amp like my BHA-1 intrigues me. I don't think it will trump my HD800, but I think it will be a good companion headphone, much as others have found this to be a great tandem. I've also lately been desiring a thicker meatier sound compared to the drier thinner HD800. This type of sound is common with orthos so I simply had to choose the ortho I wanted to get. LCD-3 is too expensive for what you get. HE-6 I already owned and didn't like all that much. Hifiman headphones are really bad fitting for me so that ruled out HE-500 and HE-400. LFF's Paradox Fostex were interesting but I worried about deviation in a hand-modded product, leaving the LCD-2, which I admit is probably not ideal, but I had had good results with the RSA Darkstar, the only SS amp I'd heard them with. I also somewhat liked the LCD-2 with the Lyr which of course is not fully tubed. The only tubed amp I liked the LCD-2 with was the ALO Studio Six prototype but for reasons that are different than my desires now. The Studio Six and LCD-2 were so relaxing yet still detailed enough to hold interest. It's really a combo that you can melt into your chair with. What I'm wanting from LCD-2 this time is punch and visceral sound while having great midrange and good detail with acceptable highs that are rolled enough that I can bump the volume a bit and not kill myself with treble. Essentially, I'm looking for fun phones to pair with my reference phones. I'm hoping the bright resolving BHA-1 will balance the dark somewhat sluggish aspects of the LCD-2 to give a really interesting result.

Feb 9, 2013 at 1:17 AM Post #5,685 of 21,763
Why do no Italian places around me serve risotto????? My favorite dish and I can't find it locally. So maddening. It seems excessively rare for a 'staple' dish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back