The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Sep 5, 2013 at 8:43 PM Post #18,106 of 21,763
Pretty good movie, the first one at least. But conceptually it does not go as far as good scifi books, not by a long shot, at least IMO.

Correct, look at the Foundation series, for instance. :eek:

Sep 5, 2013 at 8:49 PM Post #18,108 of 21,763
Correct, look at the Foundation series, for instance. :eek:
I am ashamed to say I still have not read it as a fan of scifi...it is my wife's favorite. The furthest I have been conceptually is a short novel called Flatland, taking you in worlds of 0, 1, 2, 3, and 4 physical dimensions. Crazy.

Sep 5, 2013 at 9:02 PM Post #18,110 of 21,763
  From a conceptual standpoint, I think  The Matrix (1999) is the best movie ever made. I watched again last night, and it blew my mind how many questions it asked on the surface...and below. It could also easily pass as a political statement if you think about it.

My favorite line of the movie: "You think that's air you're breathing now?"

I enjoyed The Matrix, never managed to get through the next two. It does however require you to overlook one massive conceptual flaw.

Sep 5, 2013 at 9:02 PM Post #18,111 of 21,763
Pretty good movie, the first one at least. But conceptually it does not go as far as good scifi books, not by a long shot, at least IMO.

+1!! The great sci-fi authors take you to some really astounding places.

Sep 5, 2013 at 9:05 PM Post #18,112 of 21,763
What if, like, things aren't real?

You're wigging me out bro.

You are also giving me good ideas for a low rent existentialist film. In this spirit:

Sep 5, 2013 at 9:13 PM Post #18,113 of 21,763
I enjoyed The Matrix, never managed to get through the next two. It does however require you to overlook one massive conceptual flaw.

?

Sep 5, 2013 at 9:18 PM Post #18,114 of 21,763
Due to my chronic physical pain problems (from RA and MS) my doc prescribes 3 blues a day, which I think is a little nutty, so I generally only take half that (same frequency, but on half-pills instead of whole).

That is quite a double whammy, those two afflictions. I bet a lot of people would just give up and gobble the meds.....I'm glad you've chosen not to fall into that trap. 
smile_phones.gif

Sep 5, 2013 at 9:21 PM Post #18,117 of 21,763

You're wigging me out bro.

You are also giving me good ideas for a low rent existentialist film. In this spirit:

Glad I could help!

Also, truth be told, I think they're good movies and never understood why the sequels get so much hate; they aren't terrible.  I actually think the 3rd one was really well directed, from what I can remember of it (haven't seen any of them since I was in high school).

The Wachowski brothers went to my high school, which is kinda neat.

Sep 5, 2013 at 9:25 PM Post #18,118 of 21,763

Nope, I never read Heinlein's book. 
biggrin.gif

Sep 5, 2013 at 9:29 PM Post #18,119 of 21,763

Glad I could help!

Also, truth be told, I think they're good movies and never understood why the sequels get so much hate; they aren't terrible.  I actually think the 3rd one was really well directed, from what I can remember of it (haven't seen any of them since I was in high school).

Thats brother and sister now isn't it?

Sep 5, 2013 at 9:32 PM Post #18,120 of 21,763

I think that is my favourite photo of a celebrity ever.

Glad I could help!

The third one was okay - definitely better than the second.

Thats brother and sister now isn't it?

I think they're just known as "The Wachowski's" now, which sounds like a fun sitcom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back