The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Aug 2, 2013 at 7:31 AM Post #16,606 of 21,763
I actually posted a reply but I think they did the update just when it was posting, so UGH. Here we go again.

Quote:
I just remembered something that I want to say back when I watched a_rec's HD25 II video. Can't believe that the Amperior will be discontinued already on such a short time, relatively, and going to be replaced by HD25 II Al. edition. Just that.

The Amperior is great but I totally understand why it got discontinued. The finishing is not up to scratch for such a premium priced (originally) headphone. Side by side at consumer retail no one would choose the Amperior unless they knew anything about the HD25 and its credibility.

The Aluminium Edition is actually a LIMITED run apparently. So I'm quite keen... unfortunately I could not get confirmation on the Alu Edition being available in Australia. :frowning2:

Quote:
@a_rec, very tempted on that ES88 you have up, but money is so tight for me currently... Good luck though!

Aww. It would be nice to give it to another diary threader :[ 

Quote:
Strange for some reason he did give off a Kiteki vibe :p.

Hmm, well he did ask dangerous questions. Still. Kinda sucks.

Quote:
Speaking of which, I don't think he appeared today....... Must have better things to do than to hang around head fi on a friday night........
tongue.gif

Totally here this evening, just spent the day with some friends getting some first impressions of the new Sennheiser Momentum On - Ear. Video will be up soon... but. Not so positive. *sigh*

Aug 2, 2013 at 11:28 AM Post #16,608 of 21,763
http://www.paulgraham.com/disagree.html

A marvelous read on how to disagree and argue. Interestingly, and not surprisingly I do a lot of the lower level ones.

No its not.

:p

[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQFKtI6gn9Y[/VIDEO]

Aug 2, 2013 at 1:27 PM Post #16,610 of 21,763
My ears and my brain want to experience the Piano Forte again.
After hearing the FAD Piano Forte IX a couple of days ago at Jaben, I just can't put away my thoughts on this strange IEM. They sound weird and strange but when I played some Lang Lang Piano Concerto, I was hooked. It sounded so realistic, so expansive and so wide, as if I was in a concert hall. Every note hit came to life and has a unique tone and expression (can't quite put it into words). I switched back to my modded T50RPs, listening to the same track and it just sounded dull compared to the Piano Forte IX.
Sure they just sound so weird with other genre but classical with the Piano Fortes is a very unique and pleasing experience. The Piano Fortes are truly the definition of "flawed beauty" and I love them.

Aug 2, 2013 at 1:36 PM Post #16,611 of 21,763
Quote:
Everyone will hate on my avatar now.

Not mee. 
smile.gif

Quote:

I'll be sitting out the first week or so, to help Frank promote the SF meet coming up next week. 
frown.gif

Quote:
Can't believe that the Amperior will be discontinued already on such a short time, relatively, and going to be replaced by HD25 II Al. edition. Just that.

Well, that's MAP pricing coming back to bite them, hard.

Quote:
Quote:
I'm more appalled by how awfully drawn the avatar is, really.

Zoiks a blast from the past re surfaces. Where you been?

I think your about 2 avatar changes in arrears
biggrin.gif

TwinQY! 
smile.gif

Quote:

Luckily we've finally implanted a janitor dignified social worker on the inside in the form of Warren. Granted, he can't do anything to the Huddler entity, but he'll probably be able to write a scathing letter far better than I could.

All joking aside, anyone know about the whereabouts of the Warren? Last time I spoke to him was about beef soup or something like that...

I'm definitely around.  Helping a friend pack/move at the moment, so I'll be relatively silent for a few days.

Quote:
a_recording is a YouTube star

He might be even more than that soon, but I can't say how.  Plus, I like being a tease. 
tongue.gif

Aug 2, 2013 at 2:06 PM Post #16,613 of 21,763
Quote:

I'm definitely around.  Helping a friend pack/move at the moment, so I'll be relatively silent for a few days.

Does this mean you'll be sporting a Karen Mok avatar? 
wink_face.gif

Aug 2, 2013 at 2:34 PM Post #16,614 of 21,763
Quote:
Quote:
TwinQY! 
smile.gif

Warren! 
smile.gif

I kind of know the feeling - currently in that stage where I might or might not move so everything's half-packed/half-not-packed.

Move to California! 
biggrin.gif

Quote:
Quote:

Does this mean you'll be sporting a Karen Mok avatar? 
wink_face.gif

No, but hey, I like the way you're thinking! 
smile.gif

Aug 2, 2013 at 2:41 PM Post #16,615 of 21,763
Too bad there isn't a month that starts with "K" or "M". Well, there's Movember but no one celebrates that.

So I read on the F111 site that Sennheiser tips are the way to go? I'll probably have a hard time finding those...

Aug 2, 2013 at 5:24 PM Post #16,617 of 21,763
Quote:
I'm sad to report that Commander Kang has gone to Stovokor: http://movies.yahoo.com/news/star-trek-stalwart-michael-ansara-dies-91-050000104.html
Had no idea he was married to Barbara Eden....

I guess the old saying is true....."it's good to be the Kang"  

Aug 2, 2013 at 6:35 PM Post #16,619 of 21,763
Quote:

MAP pricing?

Minimum Advertised Price

It's an agreement by the seller to advertise or usually even display the price of a specific product no lower than the agreed upon MAP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back