The Decware TABOO MK 111 Thread
Apr 1, 2013 at 4:36 PM Post #196 of 2,112
Wow, six orders dropped off the list today.  It's Zenhead and Taboo-land on the first page now.  Looks like I'll be needing to pay for the rest of my Taboo soon.  The IRS can wait for theirs... 

Apr 1, 2013 at 4:44 PM Post #197 of 2,112
I will not look, I will not look, i will not look...oh crap i just looked...with that I moved to page 3...

Apr 1, 2013 at 8:34 PM Post #200 of 2,112
Thanks for the info.  That system could be useful if somebody decides to jump out of line then a lucky person can jump in to pay the remaining amount due 
biggrin.gif

Quote:
If you pay via debit/credit card its 100 dollar down payment. They charge you the rest when it ships.

If you pay through paypal they charge the whole amount immediately I believe.

Apr 1, 2013 at 10:20 PM Post #201 of 2,112
Hey guys I am ordering a audio-gd 7.32 to go with the taboo.
I've asked for volume control to be added to my unit.

They are saying the volume output is 2.5 volts but it can be raised or lowered .
They asked what the gain of my amp was.
Is that the input voltage on the taboo? Decware site says 2.1 volts.

Assuming that is correct should I have the volume output lowered to 2.1
or will being a little over be alright?

Sorry if this is way off topic I just knew you guys would probably know.

Apr 2, 2013 at 12:18 AM Post #202 of 2,112
A difference like 2.5 versus 2.1 is certainly ok. My four dacs range from 2.0 rms (Bifrost, Bushmaster) to 3.0 rms (Eastern Electric MiniMax in tube-mode; 2.5 without).

In dB terms these are small differences compared to the changes you will make constantly with the volume control.

In exchange for this information, I expect a detailed and comprehensive report of the Ag 7.32 with your new Taboo :wink:

Apr 2, 2013 at 6:25 AM Post #203 of 2,112
Hopefully I will be able to do that relatively soon. There is only 9 Taboos ahead of me.
If they get some more wood bases in I should be on page 2.

Not sure how useful my impressions will be, I will be going from an Asus Essence One to the nfb-7.32.
Probably just a slight improvement right? ; )

Apr 2, 2013 at 2:00 PM Post #204 of 2,112
^ Will be a nice rig - you will probably be ecstatic!

All impressions are useful - the more one can mention about what one hears, the better for others thinking of similar gear...

Apr 2, 2013 at 5:48 PM Post #208 of 2,112
Apr 3, 2013 at 1:13 AM Post #210 of 2,112
So I've been using my Taboo mk2 a lot more lately as I'm trying to get some extra burn in on the rectifiers I'll be contributing to the slowly progressing rectifier tour that Nick and I are trying to organize. I've just been using my Mad Dogs, but it's been really fun. It's got me really excited to hear Matt's (LandmanTX) Mk3 when it arrives. I've got to hear this extra lucid mode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back