The Decware TABOO MK 111 Thread
Apr 4, 2013 at 2:43 PM Post #243 of 2,115
Hey all,
I'd like to have some tubes on hand to compare when I recieve my Taboo.  I will try the Phillips 5R4GYS rectifier.  Would the Philips or Tungsram 6BQ5/EL84 offered by Upscale have any promise?  Any suggestions for something to try for the input tube?  There seem to be a lot of options in that family.
Thanks for the help

Apr 4, 2013 at 3:11 PM Post #244 of 2,115
Quote:
Hey all,
I'd like to have some tubes on hand to compare when I recieve my Taboo.  I will try the Phillips 5R4GYS rectifier.  Would the Philips or Tungsram 6BQ5/EL84 offered by Upscale have any promise?  Any suggestions for something to try for the input tube?  There seem to be a lot of options in that family.
Thanks for the help

Both are tubes of excellent reputation. Also try Tubemaze for good used EKL84 tell Nikolay I recommended you I paid 75.00 for Amperex O getter and they are very nice and quiet strong tubes.

Apr 4, 2013 at 7:53 PM Post #245 of 2,115
Guys for anyone interested I have my first article published on Dagogo.com  and joined the staff for reviews as well there in addition to my  contributions here.  The Taboo review will appear there also and my Bio and commentary are now up for anyone interested.

Apr 5, 2013 at 12:03 PM Post #247 of 2,115
That, or someone is having a lot of fun updating orders  :D

They just updated my order to Cherry! I got Frank's CSP in yesterday and fell in love with the Cherry base.

So, now I am officially on the list of people delayed and waiting for a base. Sadly, the woodworker suffered a heart attack and is recovering. I pray he gets better very soon, as he is an incredible craftsman. I will wait for the Cherry base because I want the two amps to look good together.

Seeing this amp makes me wish I could swing their 5,000 speakers, though :)

Incredible build quality! This stuff is not just electronics, it is art. Hand created by real people. I feel fortunate to be in a position to be able to own such a beautifully crafted amp.

I am counting the days....

Apr 5, 2013 at 12:19 PM Post #249 of 2,115
Let's put it this way... I have absolutely no intention of ever selling either of them! That said, I am already dreaming of a Tori to power the Pendragons in the future! Never ending spiral. I blame all of you..... And I give you all the credit! This hobby has been quite an adventure already, and I am just getting started.

Apr 5, 2013 at 5:08 PM Post #252 of 2,115
Yes indeed, nice outline of the new trends in hi fi. Congrats on becoming a dagogo reviewer Frank. Well deserved.

And may it bring you (and us) many interesting opportunities and perspectives!

(would clink glasses at this point but hard to do on an iPad in mobile mode).

Apr 5, 2013 at 6:41 PM Post #253 of 2,115
Quote:
Yes indeed, nice outline of the new trends in hi fi. Congrats on becoming a dagogo reviewer Frank. Well deserved.

And may it bring you (and us) many interesting opportunities and perspectives!

(would clink glasses at this point but hard to do on an iPad in mobile mode).

Thanks Aidee I really appreciate it and still look foward to my contributions here as well. It is an exciting time to be in the hobby.

Apr 5, 2013 at 10:20 PM Post #254 of 2,115
Testing QC....Tick Tick......

Apr 7, 2013 at 9:50 AM Post #255 of 2,115
wondering if I can get some ?s answered, I am in line for the MKIII! my first venture into a home rig, which I thought I'd never do it, but I got some full sized headgear (HE400 & 500, and HD600 & 650s) and want to hear how it can sound out of something nice, other then thru my portable grear, which really sounds awesome, and then I came across Erics visit to Decware, I was sunk from there, well that and there introductory offer,

I will be using my iPod thru my CLAS or HP-P1 as a source, I guess I don't need a 3.5 input jack as the 3.5 to RCAs sould do just fine?

I asked about getting one 3 and one 4 pin XLR as outputs? as I don't have any balanced cables atm. I thought it would be nice to have the flexaability with one of each? or will adapters work nicely, get 2 4 pins, and and adapters to 3 pin XLRs? are there any advantages to having one pin over the other? my first step into balanced cables, and I don't really know a damned thing? I feel as if I am jumping in over my head, is the Taboo a good first step for a newbie? oh well too late Steve took my down payment, lol,

and maybe a 3.5 output with lower gain for IEMs? which will more then likely prove futile? as the gain should be fine for IEMs as is? and overkill with the MKIII, will more then likely just fall in love with the HEs? 

any suggestions as for trying out tubes, I read on some earlier in the thred, still have alot more to read up on though, ggrrrr, this is going to be fun and expensive? I would like to get some ahead of time to try out? and I don't know a damned thing about tubes euther? there where some listed up on Decwares site, yep I am over my head, luckily I can hold my breath, lol,

thanks! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back