The Dawn is here——another full balance solution for your mobile device
Nov 8, 2022 at 12:27 PM Post #77 of 106
I got my Dawn 3.5 last week, and I haven't been able to get the Moondrop Link app to work properly. All of the options in the USB Device Control Menu are always greyed-out, although the settings do change on the Dawn when I press them. On two of my three Android devices, the settings list does not display all the way down to the 'LED off' option, and I cannot scroll down the screen to see it either.

I contacted Moondrop support via Play Store, and they told me to go to the retailer for help. Shenzen Audio said I could return the Dawn for a replacement.

It is counterintuitive to me that this problem could be due to faulty hardware, it seems to be an issue with the app. Its there any point in going to the trouble of returning the device? Could a replacement Dawn fix this problem?

Nov 8, 2022 at 7:01 PM Post #78 of 106
I got my Dawn 3.5 last week, and I haven't been able to get the Moondrop Link app to work properly. All of the options in the USB Device Control Menu are always greyed-out, although the settings do change on the Dawn when I press them. On two of my three Android devices, the settings list does not display all the way down to the 'LED off' option, and I cannot scroll down the screen to see it either.

I contacted Moondrop support via Play Store, and they told me to go to the retailer for help. Shenzen Audio said I could return the Dawn for a replacement.

It is counterintuitive to me that this problem could be due to faulty hardware, it seems to be an issue with the app. Its there any point in going to the trouble of returning the device? Could a replacement Dawn fix this problem?
This doesn’t sound like something with the hardware, can you kindly provide the device, system info and the apk version for us to check? Thank you.

Nov 9, 2022 at 4:27 AM Post #79 of 106
Moondrop have insisted that I try another device, and Shenzen Audio are sending one.

Moondrop say I am the only person reporting such a problem.

Could you be more specific about what info you are asking for? I don't know what apk version means.

Nov 9, 2022 at 7:50 AM Post #82 of 106

Do you have an Android device running Android 12 or higher? If so, you could test my app (link in signature) to see if it is a hardware issue (which i don't think it is), as it most likely is just that the UX of the Moondrop app is terrible.

Edit: Just saw that you are owning the 3.5mm version, which will probably not work with my current app.
It's very unlikely to be a hardware issue, still.

With your help i could add support for the 3.5mm variant, dm me if you are interested.

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2022 at 11:39 AM Post #83 of 106
Do you have an Android device running Android 12 or higher? If so, you could test my app (link in signature) to see if it is a hardware issue (which i don't think it is), as it most likely is just that the UX of the Moondrop app is terrible.

Edit: Just saw that you are owning the 3.5mm version, which will probably not work with my current app.
It's very unlikely to be a hardware issue, still.

With your help i could add support for the 3.5mm variant, dm me if you are interested.
Thanks for the offer. I will let the trouble shooting that Moondrop have been emailing me run it's course first though. I may get in touch with you if that doesn't help.

Nov 10, 2022 at 7:10 AM Post #84 of 106
Thanks for the offer. I will let the trouble shooting that Moondrop have been emailing me run it's course first though. I may get in touch with you if that doesn't help.
I just heard back from engineering team, they sent an update to google play, should be there later today or tomorrow.
Feel free to reach out if there’s more problems.

Nov 15, 2022 at 1:47 PM Post #85 of 106
Moondrop Dawn 4.4 has great SQ, but it's ridiculous how many times the connection with UAPP drops.

Now I'm not 100% sure if it's Dawn's fault or some update that made UAPP less stable, but it hasn't happened to me with any other device so I think Dawn is the problem and it really sucks.

Nov 17, 2022 at 8:25 AM Post #90 of 106
Looks good and really convenient. Good price for dac/amp. Did anyone have good experience with it? And how’s the quality?
For the price it is the best DAC/AMP, and it is quite durable. Have been stress testing it, bending the cable for a few months now, still works flawlessly. Worst case if it dies you can grab another one, because its relatively cheap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back