The Darkvoice/La Figaro 332C and 332S Impressions/Discussion Thread
Mar 21, 2010 at 1:26 PM Post #301 of 454
The only matched tubes I tried in my 3322 were a pair of WE403Bs. When I tried them against a pair of unmatched 403Bs, the was no aubible difference between the two.
confused_face_2.gif
I haven't had any matched 6S19Ps in my amp, though they're made to very high tolerances, so they'd be technically similar anyway.

Mar 21, 2010 at 7:54 PM Post #302 of 454
I don't know if anyone has really asked why there are no preamp outs on the new La Figaros, but I think I know why: the preamps kinda sucked in the Darkvoices.
Is it normal for there to be to be almost nothing under 1000 hz while using the preamp? I want to use it because I can tell it gives me a deeper sound stage but there is no bass no matter what tubes I use.

Mar 24, 2010 at 8:57 PM Post #304 of 454
I'll take it if you don't want it...

Mar 24, 2010 at 10:06 PM Post #305 of 454
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mullet /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll take it if you don't want it...

Lol. Do 332S owners have a grey or black transformer (I think that's what it is, it's the big thing in the middle)

Mar 25, 2010 at 6:00 PM Post #307 of 454
Quote:

Originally Posted by laobrasuca /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Where's yuking09? Any news on the 332S? Besides, the buy link on his website is broken!

lao

I,m here,I,m reviseing 332s.harder and hader~~~

Mar 25, 2010 at 6:10 PM Post #308 of 454
I'm trying to decide between a 332s and a 3322. I read many reports about hum on the 332s. I wonder if the 3322 have the same issue. If anyone who has listened to both please tell which one you feel is the better amp.

Mar 25, 2010 at 8:32 PM Post #309 of 454
Quote:

Originally Posted by moodyrn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm trying to decide between a 332s and a 3322. I read many reports about hum on the 332s. I wonder if the 3322 have the same issue. If anyone who has listened to both please tell which one you feel is the better amp.

Well, You should probably wait a little. It seems the 332S is being revised.

Mar 25, 2010 at 8:57 PM Post #310 of 454
Quote:

Originally Posted by yuking09 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Time for an update! A few days ago, I unexepectedly received another 332S from Yuking. Guess what: this one is completely hum free! No matter what tubes I put in. I have no idea why (yet). What is easy to see is that he replaced the potentiometers by better ones. These not only run much smoother, but also are far easier to control over a larger, more practical range. At my normal listening level (late at night), the controls are now on 10 o'clock. Summarizing: Yuking really seems to take all feedback seriously to produce a revised and now fully mature 332s. He solved both the hum problem AND the hard-2-control pots problem. I had my amp running for 3 evenings now and really love the sound. Not only is the background completely black now, the sound also seems more spatial. This improved version is a keeper!

Mar 25, 2010 at 9:54 PM Post #311 of 454
Quote:

Originally Posted by arie123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Time for an update! A few days ago, I unexepectedly received another 332S from Yuking. Guess what: this one is completely hum free! No matter what tubes I put in. I have no idea why (yet). What is easy to see is that he replaced the potentiometers by better ones. These not only run much smoother, but also are far easier to control over a larger, more practical range. At my normal listening level (late at night), the controls are now on 10 o'clock. Summarizing: Yuking really seems to take all feedback seriously to produce a revised and now fully mature 332s. He solved both the hum problem AND the hard-2-control pots problem. I had my amp running for 3 evenings now and really love the sound. Not only is the background completely black now, the sound also seems more spatial. This improved version is a keeper!

Yeah, I got a second 322S yesterday too, I removed the post though because I wanted to know what was happening and got a reply from yuking today saying there is a few changes. But I do have hum with this amp just like the first one. I get hum on both when the volume is at max, but it's just a slight hum.

Do you get hum when you have your 332S on max?

Mar 26, 2010 at 9:39 AM Post #312 of 454
Even on max, there is very very little hum. Not dead silent, but at this volume my ears would bleed with music playing so I think it's totally irrelevant. At normal listening level, the 332S background is completely black to me, meaning it is way below ambient (late-night) noises from appliances (refridgerators, pc's etc) elsewhere in the house.

Did you check the hum level with your input source disconnected? Hum can come from anywhere (ground loops, source...). In my system, the noise and hum bottleneck is now clearly not the 332S, but the Valab DAC that is connected to it (and even that level is absolutely not affecting my listening experience). If the hum is still there without a source connected, I'd try some tube rolling+burnin before drawing conclusions. I'm very happy with my revised and silent 332S, hope you will be too!

Mar 26, 2010 at 12:51 PM Post #313 of 454
This has convinced me to look elsewhere. The ming da I had was completely black. Even when the volume was maxed out. This was with cans over 200ohms. It was an otl amp, and was only recommended with only higher impedance cans. But even with my shures which are 44ohm, the hum was barely noticable. Is the hum present with all cans or is it just present with low impedance cans?

Mar 27, 2010 at 1:06 AM Post #314 of 454
Quote:

Originally Posted by yuking09 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

hey yuking, what do you think about to build a little/simple internal mechanical thing to control both volume pots buy turning only one of them? Something that could be switched on or off by a mechanical bottom or switch. Wouldn't it be a nice thing?

lao

Users who are viewing this thread

Back