The Darkvoice/La Figaro 332C and 332S Impressions/Discussion Thread
Feb 3, 2010 at 6:21 PM Post #181 of 454
Feb 4, 2010 at 12:04 AM Post #182 of 454
Quote:

Originally Posted by AntiGeek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello Nautilus,

Thats a tough question. As the 332c and 332s appear to sound so different to each other, I would say that the 332c sounds closer to the 3322 (from memory!). Its gain is also about the same as the 3322.

I have compared the 3322 to the 337 (newer circuit design version). The 337 is slightly more dynamic and has a wider soundstage than the 3322. The sonic signature of the 337 can be better tailored to suit tastes as it has more tube options than the 3322.

Personally, I'm loving the 332c with my k701s. I will also on record as saying that I prefer the Ully tubes to the Svets as I dig the extra neutrality and details.

The 332c really does have the best sound to the pound ratio and does not take up much space. Well recommended!

I have one 332c left that I hope nobody buys because I love it!

Thanks for the reply, AntiGeek! I believe that I will go for the Decware CSP2 - it's double the price of the 332c/332s, and 220 dollars more expensive than the 337, and also the tube uptake is of 100 extra dollars a year (if you are going for the best) but I won't need an impedance matcher (like the one produced by Audiotailor) for my dx1000, and it also comes with a lifetime warranty, which is a very good plus.

Still, I think that La Figaro / Darkvoice need to be commended for their work. Their amps, the 332 and the 337, are extremely competitive for the price - I value the ideals of fair pricing, hating greed by virtue of justice, and La Figaro and the other Chinese manufacturers seem to be getting much better and much more competitive with each passing year.

Feb 4, 2010 at 2:47 AM Post #183 of 454
Ugg, the hum on my 332 is bugging me.

I'm thinking of replacing the tube sockets, fuse, and volume pot. Anyone think these changes will fix the hum?

FYI: I know it isn't the tubes because I've been rolling tubes like crazy and the hum is the same all the time.

Feb 4, 2010 at 4:44 AM Post #184 of 454
Just got my 332c. Once everything was finally settled, Boyier.com shipped the amp really fast. It shipped on Monday and I got it today. I turned the amp on and let it cook for a bit. Now I'm giving it my first whirl. Using it with Alessandro MS2s right off the bat. Not bad, but not great coming from an iPhone with SendStation LOD and using a Belken high bandwidth shielded mini plug to RCA into the 332c. Highs definitely seem a little crisp and at times sibilant. Burnt all my cash so I didn't have enough for a DAC. Thinking of getting a uDAC when the wife calms down
wink.gif
Next up... HD650s, which is really why I bought the amp.

On a side note... I can hear the microphonics and slight hum when nothing is playing. I'm hoping both go away when I finally get some good tubes in there with a little burn in time.

I'll definitely write more impressions when I put a few more hours on this puppy. It feels great to apart of the 332 club!

~mullet

Feb 4, 2010 at 5:57 AM Post #187 of 454
Quote:

Originally Posted by xmdkq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
[报价= xmdkq; 6373163]是信号管烧伤确定,因为不应该一○○小时蜂声。[/报价]

[url=http://www.head-fi.org/forums/members/xmdkq-albums-1-picture4603-1.html]Head-Fi: Covering Headphones, Earphones and Portable Audio - xmdkq's Album: 1 - Picture[/url] [/ IMG][/i]
[/td] [/tr] [/table]

The chinese doesn't make sence...

Confrimed the signal tube was burnt, since it should not 100 hours buzz....

WTH!? you Chinese XMD?

Feb 4, 2010 at 6:36 AM Post #188 of 454
What I think he meant to say was 'Have the signal tubes had 100 hours of burn in' after 100 hours there should be no hum.

My 332S hummed right out of the box, now after about 40 hours of use the hum is only in the lefthand side and is much quieter than when I first turned the amp on. I had planned to run the amp for a week (or about 100 hours) to bed everything in, so don't be too alarmed at noises right out of the box.

Feb 4, 2010 at 11:12 AM Post #189 of 454
[报价= BigTony; 6373345]我想他的意思是'有信号管了100个小时后,有100个小时的燃烧'不应该的嗡嗡声。

我332S哼权利开箱后,现在使用大约40小时的嗡嗡声,只有在左手一边,更安静,比我第一次把注意力转向 了放大器。我本来计划运行一周(约100个小时)睡觉都在放,所以不要太在噪音惊吓的权利在箱 子外面。[/报价]

Feb 4, 2010 at 1:53 PM Post #191 of 454
Quote:

Originally Posted by BigTony /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What I think he meant to say was 'Have the signal tubes had 100 hours of burn in' after 100 hours there should be no hum.

LOL what I thought he meant was "The signal tubes HAVE been burned in for 100 hours, hence there should be no buzz".

It looks like the follow-up photo is some kind of electronics for burning in many tubes at once.

It seems that "xmdkq" is related to Boyier or La Figaro in some way, and that they pre-burn the supplied tubes.

Feb 4, 2010 at 2:39 PM Post #192 of 454
Nice photo :)

I replaced all the tubes in the amp with NOS tubes and the humm is still present, however the hum persists when the volume is set to zero (i.e. no music playing).
I poped the tubes that came with the amp back in, and the hum is still there.
Will see how things progress over the weekend.

Anyone have any good ideas on how to reduce the amps gain?
I'm currently having to reduce the digital output on my SB3 so the output from my DAC can then be a a sensible level through the amp, but this isn't ideal and it mucks up HDCD output from th SB3 as well.

I've looked at the rca attenuators, but they are going to drop the input signal down, and I can't get my head round how that would improve the signal to noise ratio!

Feb 4, 2010 at 2:58 PM Post #193 of 454
Quote:

Originally Posted by xmdkq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
[报价= BigTony; 6373345]我想他的意思是'有信号管了100个小时后,有100个小时的燃烧'不应该的嗡嗡声。

我332S哼权利开箱后,现在使用大约40小时的嗡嗡声,只有在左手一边,更安静,比我第一次把注意力转向 了放大器。我本来计划运行一周(约100个小时)睡觉都在放,所以不要太在噪音惊吓的权利在箱 子外面。[/报价]

He just translated the post before him/hers....Grammer is totally worng~LOL...forget it~

Feb 4, 2010 at 3:09 PM Post #194 of 454
Quote:

I replaced all the tubes in the amp with NOS tubes and the humm is still present, however the hum persists when the volume is set to zero (i.e. no music playing).

Repeated post....please delete....

ogygia-albums-amp-picture4363-user130567-pic3939-1257861200.jpg

Feb 4, 2010 at 3:09 PM Post #195 of 454
Quote:

Is the humm on 110hz to 100 hz?

My guess before is shown as pic below. The output signal cable is just next to the power cable after rectifer....I never saw this kind of design before....
ph34r.gif

Since I mod-ed my 3322, i knew well about 3322

ogygia-albums-amp-picture4363-user130567-pic3939-1257861200.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back