The Darkvoice/La Figaro 332C and 332S Impressions/Discussion Thread
Jan 23, 2010 at 12:31 PM Post #91 of 454
Quote:

Originally Posted by arie123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The recitifier tubes were chinese, I replaced these with the Svetlana's.

Power tubes you mean?

Quote:

Originally Posted by arie123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And did I mention it looks fantastic?

Yes, it does!

Jan 23, 2010 at 12:54 PM Post #92 of 454
Just need to figure how to buy one; direct or wait for luckyfrogaudio to stock them?

Jan 23, 2010 at 2:03 PM Post #93 of 454
Must say I like the double volume control. It's very convenient to have some control over channel balance, particularly as my ears aren't equally sensitive. And because the volume knobs have these cutouts, there is always a marked 'shadowline' that shows in one glance if the knobs are rotated about the same. Just look at the first photo I posted on page 6 and you know what I mean.

Jan 23, 2010 at 3:15 PM Post #94 of 454
Quote:

Originally Posted by BigTony /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just need to figure how to buy one; direct or wait for luckyfrogaudio to stock them?

Your wish is my command!

Yuking has kindly sent me a 332s and a 332c? which should be arriving in the UK fairly shortly.

Jan 23, 2010 at 4:17 PM Post #95 of 454
Quote:

Originally Posted by AntiGeek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Your wish is my command!

Yuking has kindly sent me a 332s and a 332c? which should be arriving in the UK fairly shortly.

Great,
Please pm me when they are in stock.

Jan 24, 2010 at 4:18 AM Post #96 of 454
Are there any known mods for the Darkvoice 332? I was just wondering because in the future I'd love to replace some of the caps and tube sockets with better ones.

Jan 24, 2010 at 1:40 PM Post #97 of 454
Go to the 332 thread. In the final couple of pages, PrTv talks about a friend of his who modded the 332:

"My friend modified his DV332 by replacing most of its component inside with audio-grade parts, and replacing the stock IEC socket with one from Furutec.

At the end the amp sounded a lot better and to my surprise, the synergy with ATH W5K significantly improved. My friend even preferred this amp to the HA5000 (which was designed originally by ATH to use with its W5K headphones)."

Obvious upgrade would be the capacitors, output and power, and a better volume pot.

Jan 24, 2010 at 4:45 PM Post #99 of 454
Quote:

Originally Posted by Godkin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Go to the 332 thread. In the final couple of pages, PrTv talks about a friend of his who modded the 332:

"My friend modified his DV332 by replacing most of its component inside with audio-grade parts, and replacing the stock IEC socket with one from Furutec.

At the end the amp sounded a lot better and to my surprise, the synergy with ATH W5K significantly improved. My friend even preferred this amp to the HA5000 (which was designed originally by ATH to use with its W5K headphones)."

Obvious upgrade would be the capacitors, output and power, and a better volume pot.

I did a search before but I'll do another with his username. I was thinking of replacing all the caps later down the road, and the tube sockets.
One thing I was wondering is if it was possible to completely replace the type of tube that the 332 used to make it like a mini 337. Or would that destroy the amp/my headphones/my wallet?

Jan 24, 2010 at 5:06 PM Post #100 of 454
Quote:

Originally Posted by yuking09 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
新的管应该用于超过100小时,如果有一些噪音,如果有,你可以告诉我在那个时候。

New Tubes should be burnt in for 100 hours. After burn in, if you still hear some noise, you can tell me.

translated from chinese
tongue_smile.gif

I am hoping my guess in #23 & #25 goes wrong...
ph34r.gif

Jan 24, 2010 at 7:11 PM Post #101 of 454
"One thing I was wondering is if it was possible to completely replace the type of tube that the 332 used to make it like a mini 337. Or would that destroy the amp/my headphones/my wallet?"

Anything is possible, but, as you said, is it worth it. The 332 was designated "little 337" by DARKVOICE, so it is already very similar sonically to the 337. Saying that, if you look at the designs of both they do not appear to be too dissimilar, so maybe it could be done.

Jan 25, 2010 at 1:47 AM Post #102 of 454
maybe I could start an entire new trend:
Tube socket rolling
tongue.gif

hmmmmm

Jan 25, 2010 at 2:27 PM Post #104 of 454
Quote:

Originally Posted by BigTony /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Great,
Please pm me when they are in stock.

Hi Tony,

Typical of my luck, I've been in all day answering emails. The moment I decide to take the dog for a short walk around the block is the same moment the UPS man tries to deliver the two amplifiers.

The attempted delivery card is timed at 14:00. Missed him by four minutes!

angry_face.gif

Hopefully he will redeliver tomorrow so the two amps can be compared and the 332s photographed.

Jan 25, 2010 at 4:56 PM Post #105 of 454
Hahaha,

Bloody typical!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back