The Dark Knight or Iron Man? Cast Your Vote
Aug 15, 2008 at 12:13 AM Post #31 of 39
Dark Knight by far for me.

I downloaded a copy(don't ask) and just watched the joker parts over and over and over again...
Of course I saw it first in theaters, but the joker parts are what make the movie watchable.

Iron Man was good too, but I was expecting more action, commercials are so deceiving.

Aug 15, 2008 at 2:08 AM Post #32 of 39
Good thread. I haven't seeing either. Living in Japan puts a hamper on my movie viewing habits. But this thread gave me hope there are still good mainstream movies out there. Just one questions: was either one more predictable? In a way that kind of played on the viewer's stupidity? I watched Street Kings - started to watch - but with 30 min left I knew exactly how it was going to end and just turned it off. I think this is mostly because the character's were stock, the studio thinks viewers are too stupid to understand realistic complex characters, you know, like the ones we interact with day. And in the end its like watching a computer solve a problem. Pretty boring and predictiable. The drama drained out. Good story is a nitpick of mine. A story can be predictable and still be good. Life is pretty predictable in someways if you think about, but between the begining and end it can be pretty fun.

Aug 15, 2008 at 2:15 AM Post #33 of 39
Both movies had gorgeous leading men, so that was a toss-up
tongue.gif

Heath Ledger's performance totally made the DK movie, he was incredible

but, overall I thought Iron Man was more enjoyable and entertaining so I voted Iron Man

Aug 15, 2008 at 2:49 AM Post #34 of 39
are u kidding me... this is a non-issue!

Dark Knight all the way!

(6 more posts to go)

Aug 15, 2008 at 1:20 PM Post #35 of 39
Well, I thought that Iron Man was the better movie. Robert Downey was absolutely perfect for the role and it was enjoyable to watch from start to finish. Dark Knight was great, and Heath Ledger was amazing, but overall I found it lacking in comparison. I really like Christian Bale as Batman, but I'm starting to hate his scratchy forced batman voice. I actually thought Maggie G was a lot better than Katie H and wish she would have been in the first movie.

Aug 30, 2008 at 1:44 AM Post #36 of 39
problems with dark knight-overhyped, esp heath i mean come on. it was definitely a really good performance but people i know are like omg it was the best performance EVER out of ALL actors and roles of ALL TIME and NOTHING will ever beat it. it's stupid. also batman's voice needs a little more mids and less lows. it made me laugh a couple times because it was so ridiculous.

iron man-most of it was pretty dumb. how was he able to build the entire iron suit without the people realized What was going on. i mean the mask was a dead giveaway. why would a missile need a mask. that is stupid. also the end was kinda ****ty. also in the beginning it tried to be cool and like OMG out of order time sequence!!! why. it added nothing. just play it as it would have occurred.

i liked both movies. i picked dark knight.

Aug 30, 2008 at 2:33 AM Post #37 of 39
Iron man was an enjoyable night at the movies.

The Dark Knight was an awing experience and one of the best movies I've ever seen.

Aug 30, 2008 at 5:22 AM Post #38 of 39
i like the dark knight quite a bit more than iron man. isn't really that close for me. the one problem i had with the dark knight is the batman voice. more like phone sex voice.

Aug 30, 2008 at 5:29 AM Post #39 of 39
The Dark Knight definitely. Iron Man was great but just not nearly as good. And Heath Ledger is amazing. I do agree with the poster above me about batman's voice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back