The Dark Knight or Iron Man? Cast Your Vote
Aug 3, 2008 at 6:07 AM Post #16 of 39
Iron Man was a lot more enjoyable. Heath in The Dark Knight was really entertaining and a much better villain in his movie but the rest of the movie just wasn't as good overall as Iron Man was.

Aug 3, 2008 at 7:39 AM Post #18 of 39
Pepper was really cute, and Iron Man was a lot of fun so the call was tough but I have to give the nod to The Dark Knight. Ledger's Joker was Awesome!!!

Aug 3, 2008 at 7:46 AM Post #19 of 39
are you kidding? IMO, iron man was a super hero movie. Dark Knight was the first "marvel" movie to break out of that and actually be a great film. but just MO

Aug 3, 2008 at 1:49 PM Post #20 of 39
I saw both. They are totally different movies so I voted for Iron Man, because I new it was the underdog. But they are so good you almost can't compare them.

Aug 3, 2008 at 5:10 PM Post #23 of 39
i know this is OT, but for the argument of Nicholson vs. Ledger of who's the better joker...

I don't think they can be compared. They're two entirely different interpretations and both did extremely well with the version they created. But it's not fair to compare contrasting styles like that.

Aug 3, 2008 at 5:38 PM Post #24 of 39
The Dark Knight...no contest whatsoever.

I say this of course assuming that one sees TDK on the IMAX. It is an absolute must to see this film on this screen. It is night and day compared to 35mm. I truly feel sorry for those that have only seen it on a regular screen and making impressions on the film. IMO, you really didn't see nor experience the film until you've made the trek to an IMAX screen and viewed it there. The resolution is mindblowing.

Check out this link showing how much of the screen is cut off with 35mm. NIGHT AND DAY!

The Dark Knight's IMAX Cinematography: Redefining Stunning Visuals « FirstShowing.net

Aug 3, 2008 at 8:52 PM Post #26 of 39
The Dark Knight.

Aug 6, 2008 at 4:39 AM Post #27 of 39
Finally saw The Dark Knight today. Very disappointing and pretentious. The dialogue was flat and lifeless. Ledger was good, but his character was humorless and went nowhere. Maybe that was the "point," but isn't the Joker supposed to have a few good jokes? I found myself checking my watch throughout the movie. Explosions, fight scenes with anonymous henchmen and car chases are boring. That's been played out for at least 20 years. We've seen it all before and there's zero entertainment or excitement in them.

On the other hand, Iron Man was a lot of fun. Not deep or meaningful (or pretending to be) but it moved along with good performances, humor and fun. I hope there's a sequel.

Aug 7, 2008 at 12:12 AM Post #29 of 39
Iron Man for me. I was just not as entertained by DK, it dragged, the fight sequences didn't work for me, too many car chases. Heath was awesome but the rest of the performances fell flat for me.

Aug 14, 2008 at 11:52 PM Post #30 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
On the other hand, Iron Man was a lot of fun. Not deep or meaningful (or pretending to be) but it moved along with good performances, humor and fun. I hope there's a sequel.

did you stay through the credits? sequel is all but assured...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back