The Custom Art's Flagship - Harmony 8 and 8pro CIEM - discussion thread
Apr 2, 2016 at 11:31 AM Post #496 of 519
When the H8P is well driven, the details and layering in the bass is just so yummy!

Personally like the H8P with Calyx M, QP1R and HM901.
The AK players does not give them enough power to shine as much as those mentioned above. Go try the players out if you have the chance :)

Apr 2, 2016 at 11:33 AM Post #497 of 519
@hernium : I personnally love it (although not with stock tubes - I use Reflektor SWGP 74 or Voshkod Rockets). Especially so with the Gumby which brings so much detail along with a little warmth and a lot of musicality.

Apr 2, 2016 at 11:36 AM Post #498 of 519
@hernium : I personnally love it (although not with stock tubes - I use Reflektor SWGP 74 or Voshkod Rockets). Especially so with the Gumby which brings so much detail along with a little warmth and a lot of musicality.

I really don't know up till this point what I'm missing with a higher end desktop rig, perhaps in a year or two my Magni 2U and Modu 2U might be ripe for an upgrade

Apr 2, 2016 at 11:38 AM Post #499 of 519
I wouldnt know because I haven't had the chance to test these tow mean small guys, but ask @piotrus-g - he's the man.
Remember though that at this level, sq improvement remains marginal compared to the price increase...
That being said, I don't regret a split second going from UberFrost to Gumby.

Apr 12, 2016 at 1:51 PM Post #500 of 519
FWIW, I've just received my impedance adding adaptor, it's definitely interesting. It seems to dampen everything but the bass, so you end up bumping up the volume on your DAP and the result is a fatter, warmer sound sig. 
The one I got adds too much (50Ohm) to my FIIO X7. I'm betting a 10-20 Ohm adaptor will be perfect, just gotta find it.

Apr 12, 2016 at 4:05 PM Post #501 of 519
  FWIW, I've just received my impedance adding adaptor, it's definitely interesting. It seems to dampen everything but the bass, so you end up bumping up the volume on your DAP and the result is a fatter, warmer sound sig. 
The one I got adds too much (50Ohm) to my FIIO X7. I'm betting a 10-20 Ohm adaptor will be perfect, just gotta find it.

well i hate to be that guy http://www.head-fi.org/t/716065/the-custom-arts-flagship-harmony-8-and-8pro-ciem-discussion-thread/435#post_12287249

Apr 12, 2016 at 4:08 PM Post #502 of 519

This is normal, bass is increased and treble roll off with higher output impedance on the source for H8P. I took here my H8P with 40 ohms output impedance (Cyan line), with 1 ohms it's straight flat (no change of orginal sound). I prefer brighter sound signature so 1 ohms or less sounds best to me, like orginal H8P <3

Apr 12, 2016 at 4:37 PM Post #503 of 519
Yep, that's what got me interested in these in the first place. I'm only adding collaborating observations here :)

Apr 14, 2016 at 10:01 AM Post #504 of 519

I tried one with a 15ohm adaptor, to my ears the mids are pushed back, bass more prominent and treble has dulled a bit. Much prefer the original H8P sound.

Has anyone tried a QP1R with the H8P? The Questyle has tons of power so I've read.

May 8, 2016 at 4:42 AM Post #510 of 519
Just to confirm MrButchi's finding, QP1R has excellent synergy with the H8P. Details everywhere, amazing mids, shimmery treble. It's like I'm rediscovering the H8P again. The search for the best DAP for it has ended at last.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back