The Custom Art's Flagship - Harmony 8 and 8pro CIEM - discussion thread
Jun 21, 2014 at 10:37 AM Post #121 of 519

- the isolation is top notch. I don't hear anything from the outside world. Just a husher in a train going full speed with windows open (people taking the RER in Paris will understand what I mean).

the soundstage and separation I described were unbelievably coherent and that the location of the instruments were one of the best he had heard speak of. Not to oversell the soundstage, but this experience validated my initial perceptions that the soundstage is both very big and precise, while remaining realistic.
- the whole remains very musical. It may sound corny, but listening to Ein deutsches Requiem (which I had never listened to before for full disclosure) nearly brought tears to my eyes, the choirs being so moving. I only had that sort of feeling at the opera before. Now, I'm not saying that the H8Pro will make you listen to a live orchestra, that would be BS, but they DO have the ability to convey a whole lot of emotions.

So here it is, I hope I won't be hyping you into a buy. Remember that you should always check what YOU like, and not what I like. Don't hesitate to contact Piotr, I cannot emphasize enough how great the guys is. He has ample experience with IEMs and there is a good chance that he has listened to an IEM you know. A little voice also told me that RollK2 will be getting his H8Pro sometime before the end of August, and he also has extensive high end experience, so he'll be able to give you great advice as early as September. Credits to whoever who knows CA's products by heart, having been one of the first Pro330v1 owners, and the first H8 owner.

Thanks for this Butchi, and yes, i can confirm the RER theorie! 
L3000.gif
 oui bordel y a trop de monde! 

As for sound impressions, i can only second that, surely underlining the differences between non and pro, but the soundstage + balance is what i call perfection in comparison to what i thought to be close to perfect before. 

Jun 24, 2014 at 6:10 AM Post #124 of 519
hello,
I voted for the non-pro version
in fact I will ordering Saturday when I receive my salary.
I made a first step, by depositing my "ear prints" Saturday at the post office... (What a moron, immediately leaving the post office, I throw straight in the bin, the paper with the tracking code, without making attention,  with others ****..) i hope the package will arrive ...

i don't have any IEM at this time, i have an ULTRASONE PRO 900 (for my AK100), a JVC DX 1000 (rewired) and a RudiStor Chroma MD2.
i need an IEM... i have searched, searched again and after a lot of readings i decided to contact Piotr by e-mail.

the contact is excellent, my choice is done !!
i hope i will really enjoying the "harmony 8".... in few week ..

Jun 24, 2014 at 6:31 AM Post #125 of 519
  hello,
in fact I will ordering Saturday when I receive my salary.
I made a first step, by depositing my "ear prints" Saturday at the post office... (What a moron, immediately leaving the post office, I throw straight in the bin, the paper with the tracking code, without making attention,  with others ****..) i hope the package will arrive ...

i don't have any IEM at this time, i have an ULTRASONE PRO 900 (for my AK100), a JVC DX 1000 (rewired) and a RudiStor Chroma MD2.
i need an IEM... i have searched, searched again and after a lot of readings i decided to contact Piotr by e-mail.

the contact is excellent, my choice is done !!
i hope i will really enjoying the "harmony 8".... in few week ..

I also am hoping.

Jun 24, 2014 at 7:09 AM Post #127 of 519
well...
At worst it is not very important; I could redo the "ear prints" (20 euros in France + posts costs = about $38)
I prefer in this direction rather than the opposite, which the packet gets lost from Poland.

Jun 24, 2014 at 7:39 AM Post #128 of 519
Totally disgusted :'( I've to travel all around the France for my inscriptions at the university... it costs more or less an Harmony 8...

Jun 24, 2014 at 7:49 AM Post #129 of 519
  hello,

High 5 from the french non pro club, aka: me
Welcome to this great club! 
beerchug.gif

Totally disgusted :'( I've to travel all around the France for my inscriptions at the university... it costs more or less an Harmony 8...

how on earth are you still a student with this extend of knowledge/possessed gear in High end audio?? 
popcorn.gif
Any finance or business plans you can recommend? 
atsmile.gif

Sorry to hear this though….my great technique is just never to check my bankaccount other than once a month…..or every 2 months….

Jun 26, 2014 at 8:14 AM Post #131 of 519
Mwahahahaha! 
evil_smiley.gif

Tracking notification of Harmony 8 Pro... It is coming!

For the geeks amongst us:
'I amar prestar aen. Han mathon ne nen. Han mathon ne chae. A han noston ned gwilith!'

Jun 26, 2014 at 10:33 AM Post #134 of 519
"The world is changed; I can feel it in the water, I can feel it in the earth, I can smell it in the air."

To be correct, this is Galadriel speaking sindarin, though Cate B actually slightly mispronounced it due to the Australian accent it's not quite rolled correctly...
And to be even more precise, it's actually what is said by Treebeard to Galadriel in the books...
Ok, enough proving more of a fantasy geek than Head-fier...

Pics, pics pics! Can't wait and will have them in hand shortly anyway!

Jul 7, 2014 at 3:00 AM Post #135 of 519
"The world is changed; I can feel it in the water, I can feel it in the earth, I can smell it in the air."

To be correct, this is Galadriel speaking sindarin, though Cate B actually slightly mispronounced it due to the Australian accent it's not quite rolled correctly...
And to be even more precise, it's actually what is said by Treebeard to Galadriel in the books...
Ok, enough proving more of a fantasy geek than Head-fier...

Pics, pics pics! Can't wait and will have them in hand shortly anyway!

so, whats your impressions and thoughts after a few days? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back