The Custom Art's Flagship - Harmony 8 and 8pro CIEM - discussion thread
Jun 6, 2014 at 6:02 PM Post #33 of 519
Who? Come on dude! We're dying here! Give us something already!

It's like this beautiful cake.....it just takes me away and keeps what it promised for me.

I am blown away by the soundstage....

I won't say more for the moment, i just had like 30min of listening.

Jun 7, 2014 at 4:33 AM Post #34 of 519

It's like this beautiful cake.....it just takes me away and keeps what it promised for me.

I am blown away by the soundstage....

I won't say more for the moment, i just had like 30min of listening.

Peter once said "small" in regarding of the soundstage of other CIEMs. But I won't and don't know if I'm allowed to tell you more about what he says. If you're interested in please just ask him yourself. Right now I'm just wondering and praying for my ears to fit.

Jun 7, 2014 at 6:03 AM Post #35 of 519
I've been listening for a couple of hours now, yes i woke up very early today. :L3000:

First, build quality, as usual, is outstanding. Piotr, i know you have had a huge load of work, and i really really want to state that i have not encountered better craftmanship in 3 years of high end CIEMS and in 20 years of headphones….not speaking of customer service, but this, everybody knows it by now. :beerchug:  Fit is very good, maybe a bit less on the right side, but nothing to complain about for the moment. Isolation is more than good!

:xf_eek: …..where and how do i start….: (sooooo, no burn in for the moment……we will see if different in a couple of days!)

As already stated, soundstage is enormous, Ibasso DX50 alone with the H8, stock cable is very very clean and wide. The low spectrum is precise, even at low volume. I think this is what is called to have a 3D soundstage. I'm surpised to have this for the first time. It's impressive how you physically hear some instruments behind you. Even more, there is like a physical distance you feel en between the instruments, and it reveals details i haven't heard before. Sometimes you hear some bass moving in the soundstage, like coming from deep inside of you and then making it's way somewhere else.

It is a warm and enveloping sound, the vocals beautiful, female vocals impressive, highs are still cristall clear yet never harsh.
Listening to "Laura" from Bat for Lashes right now (FLAC)

Listening to a freshly vinyl ripped file of Vladimir Vysotsky (guitare and vocal + a good portion of melancholy….for those who know…..yes i know, not my fault, my mother speaks russian and loved him in the 80's :beerchug:really really moves me to the bones

I remember the pro330v2, i liked them allready but realiize this clearly is a HUGE step up. From what i remember the 330v2 had a more "linear" (nothing negativ!) representation, meaning they gave a, let's say unified and clean image of the music. The H8 push the files to a even more subjective level in my opinion, they break the limits the 330 sometimes had. I don't know if this makes sense, it's not easy to describe. I had the 330v1 and v2 and now the H8…..yes i'm a fidele customer hahaha. I'd say with the 330v2 you sit in front of a very good home Hifi system, while with the H8 your inside it, or you have 4 great Hifi systems around you

I'm switching in between stock cable and Tralucent silver cable: Silver cable brings even more space to them, which i thought impossible at the beginning, and makes them a spot less warm. Probably brings the treble forward…..maybe an approach of the pro version, but thats a pure assumption 
i think someone spoke of an somptous sound…..this hits the spot i think. 

i'm still trying to figure out if i prefer them just straight out ouf the dx50 or paired with my headstage arrow 3G: I'd say straight out the dx50 you have a bit more neutral sound.
Amped, the bass become even more textured but not invading.

This is the first time that i can't decide if i want to get rid of my amp….and i guess this is a good point no? (if there weren't the volume spike issues with the DX50 i'd go this route for a couple of days….but i'm quite traumatized so don't want to play with the devil. 

I remember trying out a Hifiman 901 at a meeting a couple of months ago, i'd love to try these with them. 

i think other members will soon add their technical expertise to these ipmressions, i don't want to pretend to know all the vocabulary. Please excuse this very emotive mini mini review….but heck, whats the point of listening to music without becoming emotional???!!!!

EDIT: I've been listening now for 2 days with hours without taking them off, there was not one moment i was irritaded by any means

These are a pure joy to me

Thanks Piotr!

Jun 9, 2014 at 9:21 AM Post #37 of 519
Who's next to get the H8? 

I'm quite eager to see your opinions and thoughts, it feels a bit lonely for the moment….
ph34r.gif

I was thinking today, i now get what it means when Piotr told me: "it brings the sound out of your head" (i think these were his words) > While most of my Headphone>IEM>CIEM experiences were to be considered as: "ok, i'm listening to a headphone>IEM>CIEM", or "to a very good Headphone>IEM>CIEM" etc, the H8 feel more like an "outer space" experience to me.
Outer space in a litteral way, my head and listening space is completely new defined.
These are neither too warm nor too cold…..nor to deep or high, they are perfectly balanced to me in between both and capable of taking a tour, expand deeply into each region at the same time in both spectra. 

Jun 9, 2014 at 9:44 AM Post #38 of 519
  Who's next to get the H8? 

I'm quite eager to see your opinions and thoughts, it feels a bit lonely for the moment….
ph34r.gif

I was thinking today, i now get what it means when Piotr told me: "it brings the sound out of your head" (i think these were his words) > While most of my Headphone>IEM>CIEM experiences were to be considered as: "ok, i'm listening to a headphone>IEM>CIEM", or "to a very good Headphone>IEM>CIEM" etc, the H8 feel more like an "outer space" experience to me.
Outer space in a litteral way, my head and listening space is completely new defined.
These are neither too warm nor too cold…..nor to deep or high, they are perfectly balanced to me in between both and capable of taking a tour, expand deeply into each region at the same time in both spectra. 

Hello Whoever, I am in Hong Kong and I placed an order for the Harmony 8 Pro and I was informed I should be getting a pair some time this month (I hope he is correct). I had to make two ear impressions to get it because I think was done badly. Anyways I ordered mine Smoky Black because I dont have many in that color.

Jun 9, 2014 at 10:17 AM Post #41 of 519
Just FYI - Harmony 8 Pro is slightly more closed, still spacious, but a little bit more intimate.
So when discussing Harmony 8 you should take note if you are talking about 8 or 8 Pro :)

Jun 9, 2014 at 12:50 PM Post #43 of 519
Tomorrow...

AWESOME

Hello Whoever, I am in Hong Kong and I placed an order for the Harmony 8 Pro and I was informed I should be getting a pair some time this month (I hope he is correct). I had to make two ear impressions to get it because I think was done badly. Anyways I ordered mine Smoky Black because I dont have many in that color.

waiting for your impressions! :)

Just FYI - Harmony 8 Pro is slightly more closed, still spacious, but a little bit more intimate.
So when discussing Harmony 8 you should take note if you are talking about 8 or 8 Pro :)

right, i'm talking about H8 non pro!

Jun 9, 2014 at 1:53 PM Post #45 of 519
I've got the feeling there are more pro orders than non pro?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back