The Creative Zen: Is it good?
Sep 21, 2007 at 4:14 PM Post #16 of 48
well i just got it, and here it is! sorry for bad pics...webcam...

Picture008.jpg

that's a reflection, not a scratch! again..horrible pics but i dont have a camera here at school

Picture009.jpg

fits perfectly with my misterxp mini amp...and therefore i imagine, perfect with tomahawks and the like. still charging, so will post impressions soon.

Sep 22, 2007 at 12:13 AM Post #23 of 48
comparing the UK price of these vs the US price was quite eye opening ...

a friend of mine is getting one soon - I'll be interested to compare vs the IPOD.

I like the fact that Creative give you a card expansion slot.

Sep 22, 2007 at 1:26 AM Post #24 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by filipelli /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well i just got it, and here it is! sorry for bad pics...webcam......
fits perfectly with my misterxp mini amp...and therefore i imagine, perfect with tomahawks and the like. still charging, so will post impressions soon.

Great, I'm thinking of one of these too!

Sep 22, 2007 at 3:52 AM Post #25 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by filipelli /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Alright, a difference in opinion then. All I know is, when I had it preordered it was more expensive. The price "dropped" before I got it, so I don't know what else to call it.

Ya, I understand from your point of view also. Anyways, the 16 GB is now $250. This sucks, now to decide the Zen or the P2. Dang it!

Sep 22, 2007 at 9:30 PM Post #27 of 48
yes you can! although video requires conversion which is pretty simple. so far i love this player. it is so small and light and it's unbelievable how robust it is despite the small package. the sound is robust as well..i am unsure about the sound quality at the moment because i only have ep630s at my disposal - which can be overly bassy. the user interface is fantastic - very easy to navigate and the screen - oh man the colors! tops my ipod and the vision M for sure. more impressions to follow. nothing real bad so far.

Sep 22, 2007 at 9:49 PM Post #28 of 48
^ Thanks sir, that sounds promising, so you can just drop albums off of explorer and it databases them, nice. From what I remember the zen VISION M had a nice screen, so it must be a really awesome screen. Can't wait for more detail on the sound!

Sep 23, 2007 at 12:18 AM Post #29 of 48
How many gigs is availible after the OS formatting from Creative? I am just wondering because I plan on using it for music and video, now I just need to figure out what size SD card I need. Thanks in advance.

Sep 23, 2007 at 4:14 AM Post #30 of 48
when i first got the player, i saw that it only has 7.7gb out of the 8gb in the specs. however, this is with all the creative videos, music and pictures on the player for demos. i can't say what it is after formatting because i didn't check when i did it...sorry.

so far, i am happy to say the video conversion allows video files to be compressed enough that they have decent quality but still save on space. i guesstimate that a 4gb sd card can hold a seasons worth of the office after compressed for sure...perhaps more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back