The Creative Zen: Is it good?
Sep 18, 2007 at 10:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 48

Dublo7

1000+ Head-Fier
So I'm thinking of getting an 8GB Creative Zen.

The Creative Zens look pretty damn sleek, but I'm just wondering if anyone here has had any experience with them?
How's the sound quality on these things? Are there any problems or bugs which make the player annoying to use?

Sep 18, 2007 at 1:42 PM Post #2 of 48
These are so new in the market, I don't think there are many out there yet.

cheers
Simon

Sep 19, 2007 at 2:25 AM Post #4 of 48
i had the Creative Zen Vision M 30 and 60gig, a creative zen micro and a zen nano....

the SQ on the creative's is HOT. and i aiming to get the new creative zen 16gig.

since i got rid of everything else i had. the 1gb zen nano is the only one i'm gonna keep. dont think i can get much money for this one.

Sep 19, 2007 at 7:36 AM Post #5 of 48
"the 1gb zen nano is the only one i'm gonna keep. dont think i can get much money for this one."

True. Plus, it's always good to have an AAA battery-powered player (or an AA-powered player) on hand for certain circumstances.

Sep 19, 2007 at 10:37 PM Post #6 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by filipelli /img/forum/go_quote.gif
sorry not out yet. however, amazon will be shipping end of sept/ beginning of oct, so they should be out soon. Price drop at amazon! 4gb for $129!

Not really a price drop since the Creative Store online is selling it for that price also.

Sep 19, 2007 at 10:38 PM Post #7 of 48
Hi, this is my first post here so greetings to all and congrats for being such nice community...

I´m a totally newbie and about to set up my first poor man audiophile rig. Emphasis in the poor man part...

So i´m thinking in get a Creative Zen as source, a headphone amp and a Seenheiser HD555. For the Amp i´m stuck between PA2V2, Total AirHead, iBasso T1/T2 and the Mini 3, but I'll bother yours patience with that on another occasion...

Now I have some doubts about creative player, and players in general.

Originally I was going to buy a Cowon, because they are so reputed as great sound quality players, but I give up, 'cause they are equally reputed as a lame firmware, too much flaws players...

So I ask, is there really a great difference in the sound quality between all the players?

I mean, is possible some brand be lot ahead of the competition using basically the same technology and components?

The creative players are reputed as to have a good sound quality?

Thx all

Sep 20, 2007 at 4:57 PM Post #8 of 48
^ i only had experience with Creative Zen Micro vs iPAQ vs SE K750i vs cheap astone 128mb mp3 player, i'll rate them like this, from highest to lowest (note: subjective ranking)

1. iPAQ - Best soud source for me, seems not shy to use mor epower in playing music.
2. Creative - almost same as SQ SE K750i, very little difference (that i can hear)
3. SE K750i - optimal at 192 KBPS, havent heard any difference at higher KBPS
4. astone - cant even reproduce a good bass, usually turns a techno song to a fart song.

Sep 20, 2007 at 6:04 PM Post #9 of 48
I've had a Zen Micro, Zen Micro Photo, 2 Zen Vision:M's and all were great units (still have the zv:ms) I'd say that screen and SQ tend to be better than iPod, and they're built like a rock. They might be a little bigger, but they're pretty tough.

they also have drag and drop which is vastly superior to syncing

Sep 20, 2007 at 8:17 PM Post #10 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by yangster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not really a price drop since the Creative Store online is selling it for that price also.

Price drop compared to it's projected prices when the product was first released. I have been following this player...you can even do a search on the forums. The 4gb was projected to be $149.00.

Sep 20, 2007 at 8:40 PM Post #12 of 48
yeah, for me.. iaudio has one major flaw - its lack of playlist features. other than that, in my experience, i haven't had any major problems with it (plus it sounds great).

personally, if i purchase another mp3 player.. i think it would be an iriver. it has playlist features, sounds just as good, and is has more firmware support.

Sep 21, 2007 at 1:29 AM Post #13 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by filipelli /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Price drop compared to it's projected prices when the product was first released. I have been following this player...you can even do a search on the forums. The 4gb was projected to be $149.00.

Yes, I know that. You're not the only one that follows the portable dap scene. You can call it whatever you want. The only times I consider it a price drop is after it starts selling at the predicted MSRP, then drops in price afterwards like the iPhone. The $130 is the MSRP, so not technically a price drop.

Sep 21, 2007 at 12:21 PM Post #15 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by yangster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, I know that. You're not the only one that follows the portable dap scene. You can call it whatever you want. The only times I consider it a price drop is after it starts selling at the predicted MSRP, then drops in price afterwards like the iPhone. The $130 is the MSRP, so not technically a price drop.

Alright, a difference in opinion then. All I know is, when I had it preordered it was more expensive. The price "dropped" before I got it, so I don't know what else to call it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back