The CONTINUING KZ Discussion Thread
Jul 26, 2015 at 3:37 PM Post #48 of 68

For house and hip hop you're going to HATE the ed9s.

From what ive read with the gold tip they are somewhat v shaped with a not too unpleasent mid bass hump, when i say hip hop i mean more 90s stuff, not as much of the modern more bass heavy stuff, what makes you think i wont enjoy them? treble or bass? Also what genres do you like them with? Since they are so cheap i got the ATEs too, which are supposed to have more sub bass and more rolled off treble, so ive gotta choice anyway man.

Aug 19, 2015 at 6:51 AM Post #49 of 68
I've just ordered the ed9 are they close to the havi in terms of detail or are they closer to say the ttpods ? I've been looking for something a bit different from the havi in terms of maybe more bass depth and cleanses are these going to satisfy my needs I'm not a bass head but enjoy clean bass with detail ,of course the main thing is clean treble as well so not sure how there going to stack up in tha department I'm not asking for much .

Aug 19, 2015 at 8:36 AM Post #50 of 68
I've just ordered the ed9 are they close to the havi in terms of detail or are they closer to say the ttpods ? I've been looking for something a bit different from the havi in terms of maybe more bass depth and cleanses are these going to satisfy my needs I'm not a bass head but enjoy clean bass with detail ,of course the main thing is clean treble as well so not sure how there going to stack up in tha department I'm not asking for much .

Closest to a Havi B3 Pro 1 is ED10 Only WAY better. I'm not a fan of the MEH..... (Boring and hard to drive) Havi. Sold mine after 2 weeks.

Compare them this way:
Havi = Rolls Royce  Deluxe Luxury for stodgy Old Farts
ED10 = Bentley Convertible  Deluxe Luxury with Kick ASS Performance for Old Farts who aren't their age yet.
biggrin.gif

JMHO

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Sep 7, 2015 at 10:41 PM Post #51 of 68

Holy god this ED10 hype is going overboard, according to the graphs they are TTPOD's with more sub-bass, which would make for a great IEM, but the treble roll off and sibilance that it would share with TTPOD scares me away from them.

I have both the ED9 and Havi. The Havi wins out by far in detail, wheras everything sounds metallic on the ED9, though it comes close in soundstage. Bass quality is much worse on the ED9, that being said the ED9 is quite fantastic for the price, with a specialty of an airier mid treble than the Havi and great soundstage. Though it shouldn't be too surprising given that the ED9 is vented, and thus only has moderate isolation, wheras the Havi is above average with only 1 very small vent.

The Havi is not at all a bassy headphone. The ED10 may suit you but it will have rolled off treble. If you don't care about isolation too much, get a used GR07 I see popping up in the trade forums for pretty cheap sporadically, or a KC06 or VSD5.

Sep 8, 2015 at 9:58 AM Post #52 of 68
Holy god this ED10 hype is going overboard, according to the graphs they are TTPOD's with more sub-bass, which would make for a great IEM, but the treble roll off and sibilance that it would share with TTPOD scares me away from them.

I have both the ED9 and Havi. The Havi wins out by far in detail, wheras everything sounds metallic on the ED9, though it comes close in soundstage. Bass quality is much worse on the ED9, that being said the ED9 is quite fantastic for the price, with a specialty of an airier mid treble than the Havi and great soundstage. Though it shouldn't be too surprising given that the ED9 is vented, and thus only has moderate isolation, wheras the Havi is above average with only 1 very small vent.

The Havi is not at all a bassy headphone. The ED10 may suit you but it will have rolled off treble. If you don't care about isolation too much, get a used GR07 I see popping up in the trade forums for pretty cheap sporadically, or a KC06 or VSD5.
The ED10 has more treble spike than the TTPOD T1E.

I really enjoy the ED10 and can see why so many people like them. Just don't expect anything remotely close to neutral.

Sep 8, 2015 at 10:09 AM Post #53 of 68
The ED10 has more treble spike than the TTPOD T1E.

I really enjoy the ED10 and can see why so many people like them. Just don't expect anything remotely close to neutral.

smily_headphones1.gif
NEUTRAL is for "Audiophiles".

BORING.

Hifi, just for craps and giggles you need to try out those Rock Zircons. Be prepared.

ksc75smile.gif
ksc75smile.gif

Sep 8, 2015 at 7:59 PM Post #55 of 68
Oh boy, I'm guessing they are bass cannons

cool.gif
Close, 
very_evil_smiley.gif
but they put some Excitement in your sound. For around $9-13 USD there's not much that comes close.

Plus they look cool as hell. I for one can't figure out HOW they get that much sound out of something that small, they are pretty tiny.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Sep 19, 2015 at 12:10 PM Post #56 of 68
Curiosity got the better of me and I ordered the silver KZ ATE (without mic) at AliExpress for just $10 including shipping from China to Denmark. I was pleasantly surprised to receive them earlier this week, only slightly more than a week after ordering them!

I begin to understand the hype around the KZs. Considering the price, the sound quality is simply outstanding; it is hard to believe that one can get so much for so little. That said, they obviously cannot compete with IEMs such as Shure SE535, but comparing to a product that costs 30-40 times as much is also completely unfair. Also, the sound signature is certainly more on the fun than on the neutral side, which makes comparison to audiophile headphones difficult.

My only small gripe is the cable, which is tangle-prone and seems to be poorly shielded. The latter causes it to pick up RF interference from my cell phone if I use it as audio source.

Sep 19, 2015 at 12:58 PM Post #57 of 68
  Curiosity got the better of me and I ordered the silver KZ ATE (without mic) at AliExpress for just $10 including shipping from China to Denmark. I was pleasantly surprised to receive them earlier this week, only slightly more than a week after ordering them!

I begin to understand the hype around the KZs. Considering the price, the sound quality is simply outstanding; it is hard to believe that one can get so much for so little. That said, they obviously cannot compete with IEMs such as Shure SE535, but comparing to a product that costs 30-40 times as much is also completely unfair. Also, the sound signature is certainly more on the fun than on the neutral side, which makes comparison to audiophile headphones difficult.

My only small gripe is the cable, which is tangle-prone and seems to be poorly shielded. The latter causes it to pick up RF interference from my cell phone if I use it as audio source.

cool.gif
Lars, put a little baby or talcum powder in the palm of your hand and run it across the length of the cable. It does wonders for the sticky tangley cables.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Sep 19, 2015 at 9:47 PM Post #58 of 68
Just received the ED10  Out of the box, and ihmo, they are really, but really good,  My new favorite in the KZ lineup.  They are not that far from the Ostry KC06A, maybe with more in your face mids?  Need more time with these and some "burn in" and tip rolling.  I now use the JVC spiral dots on them, and they sound really nice.  Nice sub bass kick and clarity overall.
For the price, really impressive.

Nov 12, 2015 at 4:15 PM Post #60 of 68
waiting for my ED10 after my 11.11 order.  

Awesome. The ED10 is a great iem. Hope you enjoy it. I've got the ZS1, HDS1, ED3 2015 coming in soon (hopefully by tomorrow or early next week). Also ordered the HDS2 which is probably not a KZ, but it uses the EPH-100 shell. Can't pass that up :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back