The Continuation Of The Sony Walkman 1Z/1A Thread!
Feb 25, 2023 at 10:52 AM Post #4,578 of 5,314
so my wm1a been acting weirdly last few days , there is a click when i insert my ciems and the screen lights up on its own (even after i have shut the light) when i am not listening (but is still powered up)

when it's charging the battery (via usb on my laptop) the screen light does not open up on it own (it remains off)

anyone else met with this strange bug , and if so how did you solve it ? could this be perhaps a drained battery issue (as i have clocked more than 8000 hours of usage so far) ?

thanx guys

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2023 at 11:13 AM Post #4,579 of 5,314
so my wm1a been acting weirdly last few days , there is a click when i insert my ciems and the screen lights up on its own (even after i have shut the light) when i am not listening (but is still powered up)

when it's charging the battery (via usb on my laptop) the screen light does not open up on it own (it remains off)

anyone else met with this strange bug , and if so how did you solve it ? could this be perhaps a drained battery issue (as i have clocked more than 8000 hours of usage so far) ?

thanx guys
Try contacting Steve (Nayparm) at NPAudio

https://npaudio.boards.net/threads/recent

Feb 27, 2023 at 12:15 AM Post #4,580 of 5,314

thanx guys
Does your WM1A show the same behaviour with any other headgear? When charging are the ciems plugged in, how about charging with a phone charger? Have you tried a HW reset?

Q-6

Feb 27, 2023 at 7:49 AM Post #4,581 of 5,314
Does your WM1A show the same behaviour with any other headgear? When charging are the ciems plugged in, how about charging with a phone charger? Have you tried a HW reset?

Q-6

not using any other ciem , it dos the on/off light thing even when iems are not plugged in

when i am playing music and i have the screen dark it stays dark , problem appears only when in idle mode

what would a HW reset do , zero my usage hour ?

Feb 27, 2023 at 7:55 AM Post #4,582 of 5,314
not using any other ciem , it dos the on/off light thing even when iems are not plugged in

when i am playing music and i have the screen dark it stays dark , problem appears only when in idle mode

Yes it would zero your hours. Also if you have any custom fw installed you should revert to stock fw before doing a factory reset

Feb 27, 2023 at 9:46 AM Post #4,583 of 5,314

Rest will do exactly that but as said revert to stock firmware first. the reset will confirm if it's a HW or SW issue, but hours used will be zeroed.

How about any other standard IEM or headphone or a cable change?

Q-6

Feb 28, 2023 at 6:11 AM Post #4,584 of 5,314
it must be a battery thing , i see the battery meter now scrolling like it does when you charge the battery (and i am only playing music)

oh well , as long as the wm1a works and plays music fine i will manage, i have no money atm to buy a new used one

well it has clocked almost 10,000 hours of usage so i have zero complaint (will probably buy a 2nd one if i can not find a sony service center here to do a battery replacement)

Feb 28, 2023 at 8:12 AM Post #4,585 of 5,314
Got the Wm1a, needless to say, the hype is real, and if anypne loves r2r this is the best combination between r2r and delta sigma.

From the daps I've tried:

The Ibasso DX320, Hifiman R2r2000 (both red and modded black), Cayin N6ii (a01, e02, e01, r01)

Along with Ifi Diablo, and some dongles (dc01, ru6)

The Wm1a stands at the very top :) with the help of @MrWalkman Mods, absolutely superb device, especially at it's price on the used market.

Feb 28, 2023 at 10:49 AM Post #4,586 of 5,314
it must be a battery thing , i see the battery meter now scrolling like it does when you charge the battery (and i am only playing music)

oh well , as long as the wm1a works and plays music fine i will manage, i have no money atm to buy a new used one

well it has clocked almost 10,000 hours of usage so i have zero complaint (will probably buy a 2nd one if i can not find a sony service center here to do a battery replacement)
You might send it to a headfi mod person for a battery upgrade.

Feb 28, 2023 at 3:20 PM Post #4,588 of 5,314
I wish I was visiting the U.K. over the next year for no other reason than wanting to visit NPAudio and get him to replace the stock battery with a high capacity one.
I was interested in some iems on the classifieds and found out the shipping from the UK to my country is horrendous, which has pretty much ruled out any Nayparm mods for me.

Feb 28, 2023 at 3:26 PM Post #4,589 of 5,314
I was interested in some iems on the classifieds and found out the shipping from the UK to my country is horrendous, which has pretty much ruled out any Nayparm mods for me.
After Brexit even shipping in/out from EU is a farce

Feb 28, 2023 at 3:26 PM Post #4,590 of 5,314
Yep, shipping costs from certain point A to certain point B cam definitely be horrendous. I also am just not comfortable sending stuff for modding purposes, generally speaking. I received my WM1A in April 2021, brand-new-in-box, and have less than 1,000 hours on it, so I'm not even near worried about needing battery replacement. I'd simply prefer higher capacity (**provided it is a high quality battery and thus reliable**) so I could go upwards of 40+ hours between charging.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back