The Continuation Of The Sony Walkman 1Z/1A Thread!
Apr 4, 2021 at 2:53 AM Post #1,052 of 5,344
@feverfive let me know if you need assistance. I’m already sending a number of things for other HF’ers to US from this A2A sale :D
I think you've earned yourself a 'Donate me a beer' link

Apr 4, 2021 at 3:22 AM Post #1,053 of 5,344
I think you've earned yourself a 'Donate me a beer' link
Hehe... No need for beers, always happy to help out the community score a great deal on a great dap. Plus it’s good for a local Aussie dealer to get more business, especially these days :)

Apr 4, 2021 at 3:34 AM Post #1,054 of 5,344
Hehe... No need for beers, always happy to help out the community score a great deal on a great dap. Plus it’s good for a local Aussie dealer to get more business, especially these days :)
I’m assuming it’s a slightly more pain in the ass to shipping to U.K. nowadays compared to the US?

That 1A price is bonkers...

Apr 4, 2021 at 3:46 AM Post #1,055 of 5,344
I’m assuming it’s a slightly more pain in the ass to shipping to U.K. nowadays compared to the US?

That 1A price is bonkers...
I’m not too sure tbh. I haven’t sent anything to UK for a while. Happy to help though. Send me a PM if you want to discuss :)

Apr 4, 2021 at 10:02 AM Post #1,057 of 5,344
Yes, even if the iem is bright on its stock cable, the treble will slightly reduced on the balanced copper cable.

There's a discount for the TRN cable, that's why I go for TRN. Having owned a NICEHCK cable I think NICEHCK has a good quality so I believe you should go with NICEHCK. Besides, we could compare the result later on as I think we both looking for bright sounds.
my thoughts exactly

Apr 4, 2021 at 5:02 PM Post #1,058 of 5,344
Rabbit hole gets deeper, Copper & Silver...
IMG_20201226_055926.jpg

Q-6

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2021 at 5:52 PM Post #1,060 of 5,344
I've reached the end of the rabbit hole for now, I won't say endgame but certainly not trying anything else for a long time. The UM MEST Mk2 are incredible, especially with the 1A - I've honestly never heard music sound like this before... the soundstage 'out of your head' experience is stunning.

My home system was already pretty much redundant with my existing IEMs, I'll find it really hard to ever listen now. I can't imagine what it would take to create a scenario to hear music in the same way from speakers.

M4.jpg

Apr 4, 2021 at 7:17 PM Post #1,061 of 5,344
I've reached the end of the rabbit hole for now, I won't say endgame but certainly not trying anything else for a long time. The UM MEST Mk2 are incredible, especially with the 1A - I've honestly never heard music sound like this before... the soundstage 'out of your head' experience is stunning.

My home system was already pretty much redundant with my existing IEMs, I'll find it really hard to ever listen now. I can't imagine what it would take to create a scenario to hear music in the same way from speakers.
Same combo here. The WM1A and Mest MKII is a beautiful pairing!

Apr 4, 2021 at 8:06 PM Post #1,062 of 5,344

M4.jpg
I have a second hand IER-Z1R on the way, if the fit just doesn't work out these are a plan B.

Apr 4, 2021 at 8:16 PM Post #1,063 of 5,344
I have a second hand IER-Z1R on the way, if the fit just doesn't work out these are a plan B.

I was torn between the original MEST and Z1R, held off on both due to concerns on fit - that was decided for me when MEST Mk2 was announced!

Apr 4, 2021 at 8:35 PM Post #1,064 of 5,344
I was torn between the original MEST and Z1R, held off on both due to concerns on fit - that was decided for me when MEST Mk2 was announced!
I've been in the Sony realm for many years, I have owned the A3/N3/Z5, I now own the MDR-Z1R and follow the WM1A/1Z + firmware threads. Initially I was put off about fit issues but I cannot read another positive comment or see it frequently (still) ranked No.1 without wanting a piece of that so I have to at least try.

Apr 5, 2021 at 1:43 AM Post #1,065 of 5,344
is it better than only silver lol!? i can get one of those!
Just personal taste, this cable is constructed to mirror Hifiman's Ananda with better materials...

Q-6

Users who are viewing this thread

Back