The Continuation Of The Sony Walkman 1Z/1A Thread!
Apr 3, 2021 at 8:57 AM Post #1,036 of 5,344
Any one here atill uses Sony MediaGo software as of 2021? If no, then which other?

i do still use it, despite being discontinued in 2018 mainly because the included Hi-res view and proper storage unit display in TB instead of GB , i mean here Music Bee displays 1434GB and mediaGo as 1.40TB

with music bee i tried creating a Hi-res Audio filter and view, n ver had success filtering this right.

one thing that MediaGo does that i like is marking Hi-res with an HR icon.

i wanted to like Music center but it is buggy and crashes with my library
I have never used either, have used foobar2000 for years

Apr 3, 2021 at 12:00 PM Post #1,040 of 5,344
Im still testing my balanced cable and noticed to be a little dark in the upper region 16Khz and above, does anyone has experience on balanced cables one user here Redcarmoose has been helping me he suggested me i buy a silver NICEHCK 16 core 4.4 cable silver plated... you guys think it will help on my problem?

Apr 3, 2021 at 3:51 PM Post #1,042 of 5,344
I would but that is up to you, the cheapest I have seen it in the U.K. was at a show a couple of years ago on the Sony stand, you could pick up a brand new one for £750 and I got my WM1Z for £1,700.
Damn thats not a bad price for either. Just little about for us unfortunate Brits :frowning2:

Apr 3, 2021 at 7:07 PM Post #1,045 of 5,344
Last edited:
Apr 3, 2021 at 10:35 PM Post #1,046 of 5,344
Im still testing my balanced cable and noticed to be a little dark in the upper region 16Khz and above, does anyone has experience on balanced cables one user here Redcarmoose has been helping me he suggested me i buy a silver NICEHCK 16 core 4.4 cable silver plated... you guys think it will help on my problem?
My Nicehck pure copper cable also giving me a quite dark sound. I'm still waiting for my silver plated TRN balanced cable to arrive. Will give the feedback once I've tried it.

Hmmm....I am very selfish with my time, but this is good enough of a deal that I might actually expend energy to contact a real live person to see if they'll ship to the U.S. and for how much. Thanks.

EDIT: NVM...took me 30 seconds to read in their shipping details that they only ship within Aus.
Maybe you can look for a proxy buyer who could buy it and send it to you, just like how Buyee did it for Japan shopping/auction sites.

Apr 3, 2021 at 10:46 PM Post #1,047 of 5,344
Hmmm....I am very selfish with my time, but this is good enough of a deal that I might actually expend energy to contact a real live person to see if they'll ship to the U.S. and for how much. Thanks.

EDIT: NVM...took me 30 seconds to read in their shipping details that they only ship within Aus.
You can approach them, I think I know someone who got them to ship internationally, they might also undervalue. @Damz87 might be able to suggest a shipping agent.

Apr 3, 2021 at 11:16 PM Post #1,048 of 5,344
My Nicehck pure copper cable also giving me a quite dark sound. I'm still waiting for my silver plated TRN balanced cable to arrive. Will give the feedback once I've tried it.

Maybe you can look for a proxy buyer who could buy it and send it to you, just like how Buyee did it for Japan shopping/auction sites.
its kind of dark... on some iems! will buy the silver plated same brand unless you know something i dont!???

(bass its quite awesome)

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2021 at 11:44 PM Post #1,049 of 5,344
You can approach them, I think I know someone who got them to ship internationally, they might also undervalue. @Damz87 might be able to suggest a shipping agent.
@feverfive let me know if you need assistance. I’m already sending a number of things for other HF’ers to US from this A2A sale :D

Apr 3, 2021 at 11:55 PM Post #1,050 of 5,344
its kind of dark... on some iems! will buy the silver plated same brand unless you know something i dont!???

(bass its quite awesome)
Yes, even if the iem is bright on its stock cable, the treble will slightly reduced on the balanced copper cable.

There's a discount for the TRN cable, that's why I go for TRN. Having owned a NICEHCK cable I think NICEHCK has a good quality so I believe you should go with NICEHCK. Besides, we could compare the result later on as I think we both looking for bright sounds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back