The Continuation Of The Sony Walkman 1Z/1A Thread!
Mar 3, 2021 at 12:03 PM Post #887 of 5,322
Hi everyone, I am new to the world of DAPs. I was happily using my iPhone and Hugo TT2 until my recent jump on the 1Z bandwagon :)

I have a question about the 3.5mm output. I noticed it is warmer (bassier) than the balanced output. Is this normal?

I read here that most people prefer the 4.4mm on the Sony as the better source. I am a basshead and I prefer the sound coming out of the 3.5mm output with Legend X and Penon Volt. Am I the only one? :)

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2021 at 7:05 AM Post #888 of 5,322
Suprised by the theory of @Mindstorms tup some albums do sound better on SE vs Balanced
image.jpg

Mar 9, 2021 at 7:41 AM Post #889 of 5,322
Mar 9, 2021 at 9:34 AM Post #891 of 5,322
i got balanced today and it sounds VERY diferent in this cable from SE! does balanced have polarity? when you plug the iem?
Mo polarity but more of a channel reversal, i mean L and R channels will be swapped

Mar 9, 2021 at 9:42 AM Post #892 of 5,322
oh no i meant all my regular iem with cables have an indication about out and in.,.. they say R or L in the outher part of the bale so i know how to plug them! this one does not have such indications!

Mar 9, 2021 at 10:34 AM Post #893 of 5,322
oh no i meant all my regular iem with cables have an indication about out and in.,.. they say R or L in the outher part of the bale so i know how to plug them! this one does not have such indications!
Is your IEM's a 2 pin? If they are plugged in backwards then polarity would be off.

Mar 9, 2021 at 11:04 AM Post #895 of 5,322
yes its a two pin! but the cable does not show polarity indications!
Just try to reverse one side and see if it makes a difference. Normally the L and R indicator should face away from your head, I don’t think I’ve ever seen a 2 pin cable with polarity indications

Mar 9, 2021 at 11:06 AM Post #896 of 5,322
wow all my other cables have the logo in the outher side this ones dow not have the L R logo wich i use for polarity reference! thats what i mean by polarity indications! well you all know i have good hearing so i can figure out polarity out of hearing so.. i was only afraid i could break it!

Well i can confirm several things i have gotten some new iems! 4 to be exactly and i have the dreaded Balanced cable!! Balanced sounds very different to SE in some ways I expected and 1 I didnt BAL cable has more bass power better clarity and impresive soundstage (even bigger than SE) all out of the box! wich is awesome!!! but im having just one issue i can hear like a weight in the 8k region like its recessed sounding compared to my already burned SE so question is how does BAL sound when not yet burned in! to me it sounds recessed in that area and I fear couse when i have my SE terminal it sounded piercing!!! so im affraind it sounds too dearn dark after burning! so thats my fear today nevertheless im very happy with my purchase... i wanted to know if someone with cable experience may pint me out a cable flaw here!

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2021 at 11:41 AM Post #897 of 5,322
wow all my other cables have the logo in the outher side this ones dow not have the L R logo wich i use for polarity reference! thats what i mean by polarity indications! well you all know i have good hearing so i can figure out polarity out of hearing so.. i was only afraid i could break it!

Well i can confirm several things i have gotten some new iems! 4 to be exactly and i have the dreaded Balanced cable!! Balanced sounds very different to SE in some ways I expected and 1 I didnt BAL cable has more bass power better clarity and impresive soundstage (even bigger than SE) all out of the box! wich is awesome!!! but im having just one issue i can hear like a weight in the 8k region like its recessed sounding compared to my already burned SE so question is how does BAL sound when not yet burned in! to me it sounds recessed in that area and I fear couse when i have my SE terminal it sounded piercing!!! so im affraind it sounds too dearn dark after burning! so thats my fear today nevertheless im very happy with my purchase... i wanted to know if someone with cable experience may pint me out a cable flaw here!
If it’s the first time you use the balanced out you need to do the 100-200 hours burn in before you can properly judge it.

The L and R indicate what side, a polarity indicator would be a + and - on the individual pin

Mar 9, 2021 at 12:06 PM Post #898 of 5,322
If it’s the first time you use the balanced out you need to do the 100-200 hours burn in before you can properly judge it.

The L and R indicate what side, a polarity indicator would be a + and - on the individual pin
they do not have the left right mark only a color... red and white on each channel... yes i know if you read my question there is a question about that friend!! im 198h away from the truth question is if it becomes darker after the 200h mark or brighter....

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2021 at 12:08 PM Post #899 of 5,322
they do not have the left right mark only a color... red and white on each channel... yes i know if you read my question there is a question about that friend!! im 198h away from the truth
Then red is usually right and blue or white is left

Users who are viewing this thread

Back