THE COMPOSER OPEN BACK FLAGSHIP by AUSTRIAN AUDIO
Mar 1, 2024 at 6:52 AM Post #2,762 of 3,381
just got my pair this afternoon :dt880smile: it's supremely comfortable and sounds equally enjoyable. i'm feeding the composer from fiio r9 on high gain, vol. 46 (dial down from 75 when listening to T+A solitaire P-SE). comparing with heddphone two, there are much more mid-bass in quantity. though not a believer in cable rolling, i found the cable construction quality much better in my newly acquired bokeh and heddphone two.

thanks for the unbelievably quick shipping speed of both the dealer and dhl, i got my composer in just two days across two continents.

btw, i couldn't see any serial # printed on the headphones themselves, i wonder is it just printed on the box?

Attachments

• 20240301_184401.jpg
    20240301_184401.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
Mar 1, 2024 at 8:24 AM Post #2,763 of 3,381
just got my pair this afternoon :dt880smile: it's supremely comfortable and sounds equally enjoyable. i'm feeding the composer from fiio r9 on high gain, vol. 46 (dial down from 75 when listening to T+A solitaire P-SE). comparing with heddphone two, there are much more mid-bass in quantity. though not a believer in cable rolling, i found the cable construction quality much better in my newly acquired bokeh and heddphone two.

thanks for the unbelievably quick shipping speed of both the dealer and dhl, i got my composer in just two days across two continents.

btw, i couldn't see any serial # printed on the headphones themselves, i wonder is it just printed on the box?
The serial number is printed on the underside of the outer headband.

Mar 1, 2024 at 9:26 AM Post #2,764 of 3,381

Look inside the spring hangers.

Mar 1, 2024 at 9:37 AM Post #2,765 of 3,381
So now briefly to the CMA18 Poratble....

The workmanship as always at Questyle level 👍
I was surprised by the form factor as well as the handling...very handy the little Q
With the Composer and Nutopia certainly for this few hundred great combos
He is also powerful enough for the Empyrean 2
Tonally, the little one follows the big one...no discolored sound
Bass/low End remain strongly contoured and retain their body.....Highs do not tend towards sibilance or greyness 👍

The Negative for me with the little Q ...for the DCA models in my signature, the power is far from sufficient👎

❗️My personal Conclusion❗️....a nice gadget for the easy-to-drive models for on the go at a small price but at the wrong time because the CMA18 Portable is what the community
have needed a few years ago

NOMAX

PS. However, if you are still looking for something like this, you won't be disappointed with the little one's performance 😎

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2024 at 9:40 AM Post #2,766 of 3,381
Mar 1, 2024 at 9:48 AM Post #2,767 of 3,381
.......seems the production volume is quite big for this model :o2smile:

Of course😎...because tens of thousands always wanted something that also sounds very good on the mobile devices 😉
(If the composer would be very difficult to drive, demand would not be nearly as strong as it is)

NOMAX

PS.Focal recognized this also years ago👍

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2024 at 11:43 AM Post #2,768 of 3,381
I have had a contract with them for decades🤪...in which it is written that they have to satisfy me....This is my favorite form of remuneration 😎
(Unfortunately, they did not succeed with the K872)

IMG_0206.jpeg

NOMAX

Ps.But they have succeeded with the Composer 👍
upvote from me....for the Pentax 645 in the background :beerchug:

Mar 1, 2024 at 1:36 PM Post #2,769 of 3,381

look under the foam. maybe it’s there.

Mar 1, 2024 at 1:39 PM Post #2,770 of 3,381
Of course😎...because tens of thousands always wanted something that also sounds very good on the mobile devices 😉
(If the composer would be very difficult to drive, demand would not be nearly as strong as it is)

NOMAX

a little bit too high praises for a expensive headphone. for most people (99 percent) are 500 Euro for headphones very expensive. so I don’t believe your high numbers until you show me.

Mar 1, 2024 at 1:57 PM Post #2,771 of 3,381
I have had a contract with them for decades🤪...in which it is written that they have to satisfy me....This is my favorite form of remuneration 😎
(Unfortunately, they did not succeed with the K872)
The K872 still one of the faves in my roster. :beyersmile:
Ps.But they have succeeded with the Composer 👍
Maybe they have but the Composer ($3700 Can ++) is above my pay grade, or at least on what I'd spend on a headphone....but for less than the price (excluding headphones, amp and streamer) I recently putt together a modest electronic music studio.... to go with the AKGs obviously lol.:sunglasses:
New Studio.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2024 at 2:03 PM Post #2,772 of 3,381
a little bit too high praises for a expensive headphone. for most people (99 percent) are 500 Euro for headphones very expensive. so I don’t believe your high numbers until you show me.

More than 25 k units of Bernie's K812 have gone out.... do you really think that AA is doing anything because of a few hundred units?😉🤣

NOMAX

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2024 at 2:17 PM Post #2,773 of 3,381

NOMAX

There was a big push back for a time - the old guard was saying that low impedance headphones can't be as good as the higher impedance models. I think that was disproved very quickly. The original Phonitor was a big one for also not liking low impedance headphones - it was very noisy when you used one. High impedance phones (e.g. the Beyerdynamic T1 Gen 2) sounded great with it. And, IMHO, its chassis was an industrial triumph.

Mar 1, 2024 at 2:21 PM Post #2,774 of 3,381
More than 25 k units of Bernie's K812 have gone out.... do you really think that AA is doing anything because of a few hundred units?😉🤣

NOMAX
in 10 years. that’s ok then but at the moment how much composers are sold? the user above spoke about SN numbers so if you tell more then 10 000s are sold then i understand since release until now. but your a future boy I understand.

Mar 1, 2024 at 2:28 PM Post #2,775 of 3,381
There was a big push back for a time - the old guard was saying that low impedance headphones can't be as good as the higher impedance models. I think that was disproved very quickly. The original Phonitor was a big one for also not liking low impedance headphones - it was very noisy when you used one. High impedance phones (e.g. the Beyerdynamic T1 Gen 2) sounded great with it. And, IMHO, its chassis was an industrial triumph.

Times, technology and applications have changed 😎

NOMAX

Users who are viewing this thread

Back