THE COMPOSER OPEN BACK FLAGSHIP by AUSTRIAN AUDIO
Mar 9, 2024 at 8:59 AM Post #2,791 of 3,228
There's exactly one person who said almost that (exception being the nutopia). But of course rhetorically speaking it's probably more satisfying for you on an emotional level to use words like mafia and grossly over generalize the thread. It was nicer when you weren't trolling. You have a lot of experience in the hobby, i would welcome your impressions were you to ever have any. Cheers!
That was a tongue in cheek comment - I hope you didn’t take that literally. :beerchug:

Mar 9, 2024 at 9:09 AM Post #2,792 of 3,228
These cans were advertised (at least by the Austrian audio mafia here) as the “best dynamic headphones on the planet“.

For the proclaimed price of 2.500 Euros he is it 😉

NOMAX (the Godfather 😎🤣)

Ps.greetings to US and to all others nice weekend at Can Jam NY👍

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2024 at 9:09 AM Post #2,793 of 3,228
That was a tongue in cheek comment - I hope you didn’t take that literally. :beerchug:
Filling the thread with worthless comments that are designed to be negative and personal attacks, even while allegedly using humor, is a waste of space. Please go elsewhere until you have composer impressions based on personal experience.

Mar 9, 2024 at 9:22 AM Post #2,794 of 3,228
My advise is to stop making these ”review“ videos and pretend to be some hifi authority when you don’t know much. I guess any video/photo guy can start their own YT hifi channel these days 🤦‍♂️
Fair enough.
I Don't think he is pretending to be any kind of authority. He is making a subjective review that you can like or not. Maybe he is being a bit vague and lacking some knowledge, but my point is that you get better with practice. Can't go from 0 to 100 overnight...

Mar 9, 2024 at 9:24 AM Post #2,795 of 3,228
My first contact with Utopia (the first version) was in the context of a comparison of Myspere + K812 + Utopia.
The stage of Utopia seemed narrower to me than K812 (which is more spacious), Myspere of course even more spacious.
I'll have to do a more detailed comparison of the Composer <--> K812 stage. In brief comparisons, the K812 seemed a little more spacious to me.

The K812 wasn't bad in its day....
However, a Utopia and the Nutopia are in a whole different league...tonally as well as technically 👍

NOMAX

PS.Maybe it's also because you need more treble.....yes, none of us are getting any younger 😇

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2024 at 10:00 AM Post #2,797 of 3,228

I really don't understand what's against it if someone makes an effort to capture his impressions on video
He said what he likes and what he doesn't like, positively for me to see which music tracks he heard with the composer👍

NOMAX

Mar 9, 2024 at 10:52 AM Post #2,799 of 3,228
The K812 wasn't bad in its day....
However, a Utopia and the Nutopia are in a whole different league...tonally as well as technically 👍

NOMAX
I wrote about the stage - I heard Utopia several times, but it was never my thing. On this level rather the Stax - compared the 009 with K812 - about the same "sound balance"
I can't get anything out of the Utopia hype
PS.Maybe it's also because you need more treble.....yes, none of us are getting any younger 😇
I have always favoured a brighter sound with a silky treble.

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2024 at 11:59 AM Post #2,800 of 3,228
I wrote about the stage - I heard Utopia several times, but it was never my thing. On this level rather the Stax - compared the 009 with K812
With regards to staging there's the new Grell Audio OAE1 to contend with....
https://drop.com/talk/137429/the-driver-geometry-of-the-grell-headphones
"With the OAE1 signature we are able to have both a natural sound field and low end bass response due to the acoustic baffle which allows low frequencies to be generated inside the ear cup."
The question is though, how will be the overall sound, the Composer interests me as I sort of have some faith in the designers but at the end of the day it's just another headphone, Grell is pushing for a more out of the head experience, which I totally embrace, but we will see.
If the OBE1 is successful on it's promise of a natural sound field but fails on the tonal end maybe a Grell/AA collaboration? :sunglasses:

I can't get anything out of the Utopia hype

Ditto. :rolling_eyes:

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2024 at 12:59 PM Post #2,801 of 3,228
As a happy owner of the HE 1 for years, I am also very happy with the Composer these days.
IMG_0022.jpg

Cheers,
Bernie

Mar 9, 2024 at 3:55 PM Post #2,803 of 3,228
With regards to staging there's the new Grell Audio OAE1 to contend with....
https://drop.com/talk/137429/the-driver-geometry-of-the-grell-headphones
"With the OAE1 signature we are able to have both a natural sound field and low end bass response due to the acoustic baffle which allows low frequencies to be generated inside the ear cup."
The question is though, how will be the overall sound, the Composer interests me as I sort of have some faith in the designers but at the end of the day it's just another headphone, Grell is pushing for a more out of the head experience, which I totally embrace, but we will see.
If the OBE1 is successful on it's promise of a natural sound field but fails on the tonal end maybe a Grell/AA collaboration? :sunglasses:

Ditto. :rolling_eyes:
You can’t plug a Stax into an SP3000 and get a good sound. I get a good sound with my Nutopia and SP3000. And I don’t understand the use of the word ‘hype’ in relation to the Utopia. It’s been around since 2015 and is still the best dynamic driver headphone on the market. That is To Me, for My use case, whether I’m at home or away from home. Apart from that carry on saying whatever you want to; I really don’t care. I’m happy and that’s all that matters to me.

Mar 9, 2024 at 4:09 PM Post #2,804 of 3,228
You can’t plug a Stax into an SP3000 and get a good sound. I get a good sound with my Nutopia and SP3000. And I don’t understand the use of the word ‘hype’ in relation to the Utopia. It’s been around since 2015 and is still the best dynamic driver headphone on the market. That is To Me, for My use case, whether I’m at home or away from home. Apart from that carry on saying whatever you want to; I really don’t care. I’m happy and that’s all that matters to me.

Don't worry, I and many others know the qualities of the Focals very well 👍

IMG_0028.jpeg

IMG_0027.jpeg

NOMAX

PS.Whereby the one on the right is really not good tonally😎....DCA is worlds ahead in this regard👍

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back