THE COMPOSER OPEN BACK FLAGSHIP by AUSTRIAN AUDIO
Oct 1, 2023 at 1:43 PM Post #361 of 3,172
Ok, sounds interest. When and where will it hit the Vienna dealership so we mortals get a a hand and ear on it?

klangfarbe? Kopfhörerboutique? october,November or do I have to wait for Christmas?
It will get the headphone all Austrians have to buy. We should ask for a group buy 😂

Oct 1, 2023 at 1:56 PM Post #363 of 3,172
Oct 1, 2023 at 7:32 PM Post #365 of 3,172
is there a factory fr curve?it's hard to believe that something is more accurate and natural and calmer than the Neumann ndh 30, which also has 0db full bass tones and is 5x cheaper than this one.

it's hard to believe that something is more accurate and natural and calmer than the Neumann ndh 30, which also has 0 full bass tones and is 5x cheaper than this one. I read that composer has better bass than hd800s and utopia, but the bass of Ndh-30 is much better than those for 600 dollars,, And technically it is almost right behind them. for now, I don't understand the hype for €2,500 headphones when almost perfect headphones are already on the market for $600.

I never believed in miracles, especially in the audio industry. I mean, how can a company that has produced low-end products come along and invent Spanish wax overnight. I'm wiser than that.

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2023 at 9:59 PM Post #367 of 3,172
IMG_3784.jpeg
I got a couple pictures of the connectors, they are standard banana connectors and they say they will publish a file for 3D printing the plastic piece. I like the idea of banana connectors, they have a big contact point and are easy to solder.

Attachments

• IMG_3785.jpeg
    IMG_3785.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
Oct 2, 2023 at 12:41 AM Post #368 of 3,172
Last edited:
Oct 2, 2023 at 1:27 AM Post #369 of 3,172
is there a factory fr curve?it's hard to believe that something is more accurate and natural and calmer than the Neumann ndh 30, which also has 0db full bass tones and is 5x cheaper than this one.

it's hard to believe that something is more accurate and natural and calmer than the Neumann ndh 30, which also has 0 full bass tones and is 5x cheaper than this one. I read that composer has better bass than hd800s and utopia, but the bass of Ndh-30 is much better than those for 600 dollars,, And technically it is almost right behind them. for now, I don't understand the hype for €2,500 headphones when almost perfect headphones are already on the market for $600.

I never believed in miracles, especially in the audio industry. I mean, how can a company that has produced low-end products come along and invent Spanish wax overnight. I'm wiser than that.
Can’t talk about the Neumann models since I never heard them (or they are based upon that illfated closed back from Sennheiser that looks quite similar, I did hear that though).

Yet Austrian Audio is not the newcomer it seems to be: they are the old Austrian AKG guys that left the company when Harman transferred everything out of Vienna. So I think the guys behind the K812/827 do have enough experience designing and creating drivers at this level

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2023 at 2:08 AM Post #370 of 3,172

The Neumann is not particularly stellar specimen in terms of objective performance really? I think there is a fairly high chance this outperforms the NDH30 if that is your metric of comparison.

Also as mentioned, AA is the ex AKG engineers. This is particularly of note because AKG naturally has a much more pronounced history of dynamic driver development compared to Neumann. Neumann is of course a stalwart of the industry for their condenser microphones; though topology wise a condenser microphone is much closer to an electrostatic driver. AKG naturally is no slouch here either. The C12 capsule that AKG became famous for and is a staple of Austrian Audios microphones is one of the most legendary microphone capsules in existence and is no lesser in pedigree compared to the Neumann offerings.

Though for what it's worth I'm not sure of the NDH30 development but it's possibly a Sennheiser design considering that Sennheiser is Neumann Berlin's parent company?

Oct 2, 2023 at 2:22 AM Post #371 of 3,172
The Neumann is not particularly stellar specimen in terms of objective performance really? I think there is a fairly high chance this outperforms the NDH30 if that is your metric of comparison.

Also as mentioned, AA is the ex AKG engineers. This is particularly of note because AKG naturally has a much more pronounced history of dynamic driver development compared to Neumann. Neumann is of course a stalwart of the industry for their condenser microphones; though topology wise a condenser microphone is much closer to an electrostatic driver. AKG naturally is no slouch here either. The C12 capsule that AKG became famous for and is a staple of Austrian Audios microphones is one of the most legendary microphone capsules in existence and is no lesser in pedigree compared to the Neumann offerings.

Though for what it's worth I'm not sure of the NDH30 development but it's possibly a Sennheiser design considering that Sennheiser is Neumann Berlin's parent company?
I think so, which is why I mentioned that one Sennheiser model that looks a lot like the Neumann.

Oct 2, 2023 at 3:28 AM Post #372 of 3,172
I think that anyone who compares the Neuman with the Composer quickly realizes that the second mentioned is in a completely different league 😎
(It would be sad if that wasn't the case 🤣)

NOMAX

PS.lol

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2023 at 5:34 AM Post #373 of 3,172
How does the Composer sound compared to the Meze Elite (with angled pads)?

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2023 at 5:45 AM Post #374 of 3,172

Users who are viewing this thread

Back