THE COMPOSER OPEN BACK FLAGSHIP by AUSTRIAN AUDIO
Sep 26, 2023 at 6:41 AM Post #76 of 3,291
Hi Nomax,
What is just on the right of the "AuTrian Audio" "t" ? Is it another connector ?

No, that's the pivoting joint

I'll show you the three included cables and plugs/connectors tomorrow or Thursday 👍

NOMAX

PS.I wish you all a nice day with the model of your choice

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2023 at 9:06 AM Post #78 of 3,291

Oh my goodness🤣🤣🤣,no one will believe that unless you've heard it yourself this track with the Composer 😂😂

NOMAX

Nachtfahrten - a super album, has been in my collection for a long time! Good for chilling and good for test.

Sep 26, 2023 at 9:10 AM Post #79 of 3,291
No, that's the pivoting joint

I'll show you the three included cables and plugs/connectors tomorrow or Thursday 👍

NOMAX

PS.I wish you all a nice day with the model of your choice
This new (old) connectors are useful for making tuned cables, if one want. Only a 3D printer needed too.

Sep 26, 2023 at 10:13 AM Post #81 of 3,291
I bet these new super headphones aren’t worth listening. optical they are a disaster for my eyes and the advertising uncle from upper Austria isn’t trusted enough with his golden ears(for me). enjoy the new hot crap(for 3 days). keep on the advertising postings I’m all in reading this funny thread.

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2023 at 10:46 AM Post #83 of 3,291
Give me a little time...the whole world is bombarding me with questions behind the scenes 😋

NOMAX

PS.lol
And whose fault is that? 😆

Sep 26, 2023 at 10:53 AM Post #84 of 3,291
It’s super competitive in the under $3000 range right now.
I never thought I’d read a statement like this regarding ‘headphones’.

Sep 26, 2023 at 10:54 AM Post #85 of 3,291
Here's another pic of the Composer that I screencapped from the Can-Jam SoCal video:

Screenshot 2023-09-26 at 7.45.29 AM.png

Sep 26, 2023 at 11:09 AM Post #86 of 3,291
Here's another pic of the Composer that I screencapped from the Can-Jam SoCal video:

Screenshot 2023-09-26 at 7.45.29 AM.png
It has an unique look, that's for sure.
Not sure if it's pretty, but it's damn light

Sep 26, 2023 at 11:14 AM Post #87 of 3,291
I guess the reason for using that connector is to have something with a small footprint and something that is secure and cannot be disconnected easily if pulled downwards. I have to say, I never had a problem with the 3.5mm connectors of HifiMan HPs, and I don't find it a good move to come up with a new connector.

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2023 at 11:19 AM Post #88 of 3,291
I never thought I’d read a statement like this regarding ‘headphones’.
Yeah. It’s gotten to be a super expensive hobby in the past few years with a tonne of flagships in the $3000 range.

Susvara used to be alone in the $5000-$6000 range and now there’s a bunch up there. I still think there’s so much good stuff under the $3000 mark that it’s a tough proposition to spend more. Especially if you’re interested in owning a collection of headphones and source equipment.

Sep 26, 2023 at 11:32 AM Post #89 of 3,291
Yeah. It’s gotten to be a super expensive hobby in the past few years with a tonne of flagships in the $3000 range.

Susvara used to be alone in the $5000-$6000 range and now there’s a bunch up there. I still think there’s so much good stuff under the $3000 mark that it’s a tough proposition to spend more. Especially if you’re interested in owning a collection of headphones and source equipment.
Abyss broke that wall quite some time before Susvara… and, rather counterintuitively, helped me saving money: after purchasing it and using it for some time, I knew there was not much in it for me that would justify that price region. Since then I seldom purchased something above 1.5k

Plus I think that most of those rather expensive offerings are not bringing enough to the table. What they did bring though is that we now see something at 2.5k as rather reasonable… is that a good thing?

I’ve yet to hear this one, but at least Austrian Audio refrained from slapping a 4K+ price sticker on it.

Sep 26, 2023 at 11:33 AM Post #90 of 3,291
Abyss broke that wall quite some time before Susvara… and, rather counterintuitively, helped me saving money: after purchasing it and using it for some time, I knew there was not much in it for me that would justify that price region. Since then I seldom purchased something above 1.5k

Plus I think that most of those rather expensive offerings are not bringing enough to the table. What they did bring though is that we now see something at 2.5k as rather reasonable… is that a good thing?

I’ve yet to hear this one, but at least Austrian Audio refrained from slapping a 4K+ price sticker on it.
A set for 4k seemed normal for HD800 level stuff... I guess

Users who are viewing this thread

Back