The Closed-Back Headphone Thread (Plus Comparisons & Reviews)
Mar 21, 2022 at 6:36 PM Post #4,246 of 6,351
Mar 21, 2022 at 8:16 PM Post #4,247 of 6,351
And, by the way, where is Malevolent? Psst... Psst.. There are new headphones available :smiling_imp:
He's probably out demo-ing so he can come back with a long eloquent comparative write up.

Mar 22, 2022 at 7:27 AM Post #4,248 of 6,351
And, by the way, where is Malevolent? Psst... Psst.. There are new headphones available :smiling_imp:
He probably sniffed the danger to his wallet and avoided this site like a plague :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: it's an instinct veteran head-fi er learn with experience.

Mar 22, 2022 at 7:46 AM Post #4,249 of 6,351
He probably sniffed the danger to his wallet and avoided this site like a plague :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: it's an instinct veteran head-fi er learn with experience.
The wife probably went into router settings and blocked head-fi.org...

Mar 22, 2022 at 9:23 AM Post #4,252 of 6,351
I am back to a stock Eikon again. I sold the VC a while ago. My pair was Ironwood, but at 630 gram it was just too heavy for long term comfort.

I first tried the Ollo S4r 1.1 and the Shure 840A, to see if modern budget friendlier options would satisfy. But I just couldn't see myself being happy with them in the long run.

The Eikon is not perfect for everyone and it has a few things that could improve imo. But damn, is it a good headphone. I can finally put the closed back hunt behind me for a good while.

Mar 22, 2022 at 10:30 AM Post #4,254 of 6,351
Hi @Nostoi, have you tried to couple Mojo2 with Rognir? If so how do you find that combo?
Yes, pairs very nicely. Mojo 2 has really impressed; the tuning is far more appealing than Mojo 1, which was rather mushy in comparison (though also had its merits, and I had it for 6 years or so). Mojo 2 has a more linear profile, which pairs well with Rognir. Not on Hugo 2 level, but for a mini set-up, it's formidable. More than enough power. Paired with C9 is even better, but not strictly necessary. Plus, you have an excellent EQ on the Mojo 2, which is a little fiddly, but very powerful. Recommended!

Mar 22, 2022 at 11:03 AM Post #4,255 of 6,351
Tuesday is Cascades day. Playing Miles Davis and Makaya McCraven out of a Vio V220. Sounds awesome.

Mar 22, 2022 at 12:37 PM Post #4,256 of 6,351
Hi @Nostoi, have you tried to couple Mojo2 with Rognir? If so how do you find that combo?
I just tried this again both Mojo 2 and with Mojo 2 and C9 - I can confirm, Rognir planar sounds astonishingly good with both! Clean, linear, but very dynamic with fantastic transients and attack.

P1110218.jpg

Mar 22, 2022 at 12:41 PM Post #4,257 of 6,351
I just tried this again both Mojo 2 and with Mojo 2 and C9 - I can confirm, Rognir planar sounds astonishingly good with both! Clean, linear, but very dynamic with fantastic transients and attack.

P1110218.jpg
You, my friend, have exquisite music tastes. DT is my fav!!

Mar 22, 2022 at 2:53 PM Post #4,259 of 6,351
Really keen to try these. I know this guy has a few closed backs in his arsenal, the ZMF Verite Closed, & Stellia, which he owns, so this praise is probably a good sign. The Liric seems like something I could be more comfortable wearing outside without feeling like it'll get nicked off my head, compared to say Stellia. Hmm.

Mar 22, 2022 at 6:45 PM Post #4,260 of 6,351
Really keen to try these. I know this guy has a few closed backs in his arsenal, the ZMF Verite Closed, & Stellia, which he owns, so this praise is probably a good sign. The Liric seems like something I could be more comfortable wearing outside without feeling like it'll get nicked off my head, compared to say Stellia. Hmm.

I auditioned them last month.
They're pretty good.
I recall feeling at the time that they might be the 'ultimate portable closed back' headphone.
Which is odd since I felt the Empyrean was kinda lacklustre.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back