The Chord Hugo TT is announced.
Nov 15, 2015 at 4:51 AM Post #256 of 282

I just bought the HifiMan HE1000. I should receive them in few days...
biggrin.gif

popcorn.gif

I understand that, to really shine, the HE1000 needs more power than people believe. I tested it with my HUGO and I did not find it so good, so, can someone tell if the TT can drive the HE1000 to it's full potential ? (it is not a matter of sound volume but of Quality sound)

Actually the TT + HE1000s is excellent. Damn good to my ears! 

That said, I do prefer my GS-1 Mk2 (and about 5W) paired with my Hugo TT. Not a huge difference by any means, but a very welcomed refinement.

That's good to hear. If there wasn't DAVE, the Hugo TT would be on my list.

bmichels...

I find the Hugo an excellent match with the HE1000, too. The power is there, more than enough, so any perceived lack of sound quality isn't caused by lack of power (which is about the same as in the TT). It's simply a case of less than ideal tonal synergy.

I'm in the lucky position to not be very dependent on synergetic effects, since I use an equalizer with customized presets for my headphones. See it that way: The sound transducer is the weakest link in the chain. Claiming perfect frequency response and sonic balance would be asking too much. But selecting a source/amp device with the goal to make up for its shortcomings would be an absurd scenario, too. However, that's common practice among Head-Fiers.

So the Hugo may not be entirely neutral itself (most likely, since it uses electronics components, although sophisticatedly minimized), but the same applies to every other DAC/amp combo. And why rely solely on synergetic effects when there are better alternatives!?

Nov 15, 2015 at 8:09 PM Post #257 of 282
  I forgot this important (to me) question before I ordered a TT:  Does the other outputs automatically mute when a headphone is inserted?  I see that the DAVE does so I'm wondering if this feature is there or can be implemented by firmware upgrade.

Cheers,

-Hedwig

You'll need to make sure you've disabled Line Out by holding down the Crossfeed button when turning it on...otherwise, you'll be at 100% max volume. 

Nov 16, 2015 at 2:59 AM Post #258 of 282

You'll need to make sure you've disabled Line Out by holding down the Crossfeed button when turning it on...otherwise, you'll be at 100% max volume. 

Thx.  I did see that in the Stereophile review.  But that implies all outputs are live simultaneously.   Dangit.  My current iFi microDSD also does this but at least when I run it full out, the front volume knob still controls the headphone out.  I would love to have it mute the line outs so I can listen at night with just headphones and not my speakers too.

Cheers,
-H

Dec 16, 2015 at 4:50 AM Post #260 of 282
Hey guys i am wondering do i have to get Master 9 Audio GD, with the Hugo TT???

the reason is for the mids, since i want it to be lush. creamy and nice yet without going tubes so i don't lose the SS amp's treble/bass

and the best amp for this master 9. 

yet i don't know how good is the Chord Hugo TT's amp, and weather if it will have the musicality that make me want to pass on the Master 9

any help would be appreciated ^^ 

Dec 26, 2015 at 8:52 AM Post #261 of 282
Well its boxing day and the sales at my favourite on line reference dealer are on for one day only. The TT in black is on order. Dave was just a touch to much for my consciousness given the devaluation of can doll. Hd800s will be the pairing, also pre orderd, and yes virginia, if you have credit card room, there is a santa, hoho

Dec 26, 2015 at 9:13 AM Post #262 of 282
  Thx.  I did see that in the Stereophile review.  But that implies all outputs are live simultaneously.   Dangit.  My current iFi microDSD also does this but at least when I run it full out, the front volume knob still controls the headphone out.  I would love to have it mute the line outs so I can listen at night with just headphones and not my speakers too.

Cheers,
-H

You can still control the volume via the Chord Hugo TT, its just that the starting volume is almost 100%. I would actually say its more like 95%-98% as you can turn it up a bit more, but it leads to distortion on my power speakers.

For me personally, I use it on the preamp setting and adjust the volume on my power speakers (as they have a remote as well). When using headphones I start it up and reduce the volume to Red (quick turn of the volume control) and plug in my phones (my power speakers are normally powered down between use).

When the Audeze King amp comes in, I will use the Hugo TT to preamp. I personally like that all the lines are active at once, as it allows me to switch between headphones, preamp->speaker, preamp->amp on the fly.

Also another thing I love about Chord products (this was initially a grip of mine) is the colored volume indicator. Like I stated earlier, I know that red for my LCD-4 is normally a good starting point for initial listening point and green is good starting point for my Ether C. Makes matching volume levels, when swapping between headphones for comparison, so much easier.

Dec 26, 2015 at 10:14 AM Post #263 of 282
  Well its boxing day and the sales at my favourite on line reference dealer are on for one day only. The TT in black is on order. Dave was just a touch to much for my consciousness given the devaluation of can doll. Hd800s will be the pairing, also pre orderd, and yes virginia, if you have credit card room, there is a santa, hoho

i would like to hear your impressions on the HD800 + Chord Hugo TT  later on 

going to order the Hugo TT soon, yet i don't have an HD800 :p

Dec 26, 2015 at 2:39 PM Post #264 of 282

i would like to hear your impressions on the HD800 + Chord Hugo TT  later on 

going to order the Hugo TT soon, yet i don't have an HD800 :p

sure, however it will be mid Jan 16 to receive 800S in canada, being dropped shipped from the distributer when they land:)

Dec 26, 2015 at 10:21 PM Post #265 of 282
  sure, however it will be mid Jan 16 to receive 800S in canada, being dropped shipped from the distributer when they land:)

You don't have to wait. I've had mine since this Wednesday (and likely paid a much lower price than you did
wink.gif
). I'd give Meier Audio a call...Jan is a class act to deal with.

Dec 27, 2015 at 4:57 PM Post #266 of 282
Just bought a Hugo TT, hope Fedex will ship my unit tomorrow

i went for Silver Color, though i found many goes for the black one,  IMO the black color is so over used with amps and dac -.-''  

btw this thread is semi dead?  or the people are away enjoying the Hugo TT? 

Dec 27, 2015 at 5:04 PM Post #267 of 282

You don't have to wait. I've had mine since this Wednesday (and likely paid a much lower price than you did :wink: ). I'd give Meier Audio a call...Jan is a class act to deal with.

Good for you. I have heard that another poster is in the same boat as me. Mid Jan another batch is comming into Canada, I'll be dropped shipped from the distributer in Quebec. Got a good Boxing Day sale at a reference dealer I buy from. Course on a brand new item the starting price is full retail, but I'm pleased with the sizeable discount. Throw in a TT and an AUDIOQUEST diamond USB and the hp were in essence free.

Dec 28, 2015 at 12:06 AM Post #268 of 282
Been actively lurking and reading reviews ^_^. A Chord TT may be in the near future..

Quote:
  Just bought a Hugo TT, hope Fedex will ship my unit tomorrow

i went for Silver Color, though i found many goes for the black one,  IMO the black color is so over used with amps and dac -.-''  

btw this thread is semi dead?  or the people are away enjoying the Hugo TT? 

Dec 29, 2015 at 6:16 PM Post #269 of 282
My Hugo TT will be here tomorrow !!! :D 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back