The Chord Hugo TT is announced.
Dec 30, 2015 at 7:33 AM Post #271 of 282
its here :D

impressions coming from the Hugo (coming soon) 

Dec 30, 2015 at 8:08 AM Post #272 of 282
Cool still waiting for mine, black tho.

Dec 30, 2015 at 1:41 PM Post #273 of 282
well its a TT unwrapping party on head fi. 

Snap, the TT rocks. Included the mess of amps and speakers that I cram onto my desk. Yes its a step up from hugo, cant produce vocabulary other than wow. Testing th900  I thought hpa8 ruled these cans, TT taking over but this is after 15 minutes. Got to enjoy this cheers, happy new year.

Dec 31, 2015 at 11:35 PM Post #274 of 282
  You can still control the volume via the Chord Hugo TT, its just that the starting volume is almost 100%. I would actually say its more like 95%-98% as you can turn it up a bit more, but it leads to distortion on my power speakers.

For me personally, I use it on the preamp setting and adjust the volume on my power speakers (as they have a remote as well). When using headphones I start it up and reduce the volume to Red (quick turn of the volume control) and plug in my phones (my power speakers are normally powered down between use).

When the Audeze King amp comes in, I will use the Hugo TT to preamp. I personally like that all the lines are active at once, as it allows me to switch between headphones, preamp->speaker, preamp->amp on the fly.

Also another thing I love about Chord products (this was initially a grip of mine) is the colored volume indicator. Like I stated earlier, I know that red for my LCD-4 is normally a good starting point for initial listening point and green is good starting point for my Ether C. Makes matching volume levels, when swapping between headphones for comparison, so much easier.

Thx.  But what I was hoping for is not just control of volume but muting of the line outs when it detects headphone connection.  DAVE does it but, apparently, the Hugo TT cannot due to its circuitry design.  I don't want to hear anything out of the powered speakers when listening to headphones plugged into the DAC.  And, unfortunately, the controls are on the back of my powered speakers so it's not convenient for control.

Anyway, with further listening, I am not wow'ed by this DAC.  It's nice but I am not really hearing anything more special over the micro iDSD.  I got a wow reaction when I first connected the micro iDSD as well as getting the ModWright Truth mod on the Oppo BPD-105.  But so far, it's just nice.

Will try connecting to the main home system instead of powered speakers to see if it sounds better.  I also need to open up the box and setup the WA22 and compare the two headphone outs.  But I'm waiting on an LPS and headphone cables.

A Happy New Year to all!

-H

Dec 31, 2015 at 11:41 PM Post #275 of 282
The tt rocks

Jan 1, 2016 at 6:38 AM Post #276 of 282
I've just bought Sennheiser HD 800 S because I know that my HD 650s are not transparent enough for TT. 650s have been brilliant for 13 years, but it's time to complete my headphone system :)

Jan 1, 2016 at 6:39 AM Post #277 of 282
The tt rocks

yeh!!

the bass is way better than the hugo!! i mean speed/texture and the best part of the bass is the control and quantity/slam/body!! the control is what surprise me a lot though since on the hugo if you are on higher volume the control gets harder on it, yet the TT is like the control master, as if he is telling me go with the highest volumes you want

the Treble is more refined, extended and sparkly, even on my Ei.XX with a copper cable!! dang!! its like breathing details to the headphones! :D

the mids, ohhh the mids, the best part as i said that the TT sound fuller, and don't get me started on the Musicality!!! soooooooo Musical!! the female vocals and mids sound so creamy and dreamy!! the LCD-2 sound so so so good!

using the LCD-2 with the Silver Widow 22 cable, but man the bass!! the body!! and sound stage!! daaaaaaaangg!! really the TT is breathing soul and i feel my system is so alive

btw the TT alone is way smoother than the hugo, cleaner and smother to the max, and with more details and control + the Musicality which the Hugo didn't have it as super as it is on the TT

the TT sure rocks!!!  i can see it being a super dac to be paired with your favorite amp in case you wanted a certain flavor, but the amp section alone isn't a joke!! its a beast!! and will support any external amp like no tomorrow!!

i will pair it with Cavali Audio Liquid Carbon like later on once i receive it. 

Jan 1, 2016 at 7:40 AM Post #278 of 282
Agree with all that, i cant stop listening with th900. Ill stick with direct to dac, but enjoy

Jan 1, 2016 at 9:29 AM Post #279 of 282
I've just bought Sennheiser HD 800 S because I know that my HD 650s are not transparent enough for TT. 650s have been brilliant for 13 years, but it's time to complete my headphone system :)

Let us know what you think hd800s, I have to wait for mine, the first batch should be coming to Canada in a couple of weeks.

Jan 1, 2016 at 9:32 AM Post #280 of 282
They should be delivered to me on Tuesday.

Jan 1, 2016 at 2:30 PM Post #282 of 282
sorry can only compare to hugo and fostex hpa8

Users who are viewing this thread

Back