The Centrance HiFi M8 thread
Aug 30, 2013 at 7:44 AM Post #3,211 of 5,999
Damn!  They charged me in full (which I don't mind) and I am still waiting at the end of a very long line...

Aug 30, 2013 at 7:56 AM Post #3,213 of 5,999
Quote:
probably because the pre-order finished quite sometime ago.
i think the preorder window lasted just over six months.

Yeah... but again I joined really late so I can totally understand.  I am still debating whether to get the HD800 or the Alpha Dog for my M8 LX.  There is a lot going for the AD at the moment for me: closed back, price, comes with XLR variant, easier to drive.  However, my goal for this rig is to have the absolute best sound possible, and I think the HD800 takes the cake here.  Any thoughts?

Aug 30, 2013 at 8:10 AM Post #3,215 of 5,999
Quote:
Nice to see that the unit comes almost fully charged for instant gratification. Three very minor nit picks: 1. The supplied 30 pin to USB cable didn't work on this or any other device of mine. Used one of my spare cables and they were fine on the M8. 2. The USB socket on the M8 is the wrong way around because with all my other 5 short wires I had to twist the wire around. 3. The part of the power cable going into the adapter (?) is so loose that one touch and the power is interrupted.
But these are nitpicks and not deal breakers.

The 3 points are actually unacceptable, and not happening on mine. I'm guessing that you purchased it from Jaben, Singapore. Which means you can sort out these issues with them. Check that the power adaptor is the same one shown on the impression thread.

I suspect that your unit isn't "new" from CEntrance due to the full battery. 

Aug 30, 2013 at 8:17 AM Post #3,216 of 5,999
rdsreference, that cable is a prototype that sysconcept.ca included with my optical cable order.

I purchased the 2mm 1300-fiber cable from them, and they wanted me to try a 7400-fiber one, too (they're not sure yet if they're going to make that version available for sale, as the 7400-fiber cable is rather expensive).

The yellow cable sleeve came on the prototype cable--I'm guessing it was intended to remind me what it is (a 7400-fiber cable).

I've been so glued to my HiFi-M8 since its arrival, I got in trouble with the wifey yesterday when I brought it outside on the porch last night for sunset!!
That's typically our alone time: We phase out the world, turn the cell phones off, and just enjoy the silence.

But, I was so enraptured by the combo of my HiFi-M8 + Mad Dogs I couldn't help it!
So, after I played something for Alexandra (my wifey) outside, she quickly changed her mind and let me bask in some Bonobo
as the sun went down!!

NICE - we were havin' such a great time bangin' tunes without bothering the neighbors I busted out my LCD3's.
A GREAT sunset listening sesh:

Hi mike I was just curious of the files you are running through your Ipod to the hifi m8. Are they apple lossless mp3 or other. If the hifi m8 can make my mp3's sound good the idevice version may be ideal. If not I may go with a slightly more expensive upgrade and buy something that can play my entire flac collection on the go. ( note to self, buy some nice headphones for wife and enjoy sunsets more often)

Aug 30, 2013 at 8:30 AM Post #3,218 of 5,999
^^^ You will be envied...

Nice to see that the unit comes almost fully charged for instant gratification. Three very minor nit picks: 1. The supplied 30 pin to USB cable didn't work on this or any other device of mine. Used one of my spare cables and they were fine on the M8. 2. The USB socket on the M8 is the wrong way around because with all my other 5 short wires I had to twist the wire around. 3. The part of the power cable going into the adapter (?) is so loose that one touch and the power is interrupted.
But these are nitpicks and not deal breakers.
hmm, sounds dodgy.

1). someone else had trouble with the lod too. Contact jaben or centrance.

2). Usb socket around the wrong way? Can you post a picture?

3). That power adapter thing sounds like a problem, shouldnt be that way for sure.

Aug 30, 2013 at 8:50 AM Post #3,219 of 5,999
hmm, sounds dodgy.

1). someone else had trouble with the lod too. Contact jaben or centrance.

2). Usb socket around the wrong way? Can you post a picture?

3). That power adapter thing sounds like a problem, shouldnt be that way for sure.

Hello again,

The LOD is not an issue for me as I have better quality ones. Jaben said they will replace when newer stocks come in. Ditto the power supply as it comes with US plug whereas I use the UK three pin and again I have better ones. Now item 2. You know when you look at the USB terminal the right way up? With my CLAS and typical LOD wires the plastic bit in that terminal is on the lower part. With the M8 it's on the upper part. So when you use the typical LOD/USB cables you have to invert the USB end. Hope I explained that well.

Aug 30, 2013 at 8:51 AM Post #3,220 of 5,999
^ +1

I don't know about Jaben's customer service but CEntrance customer service is Top Tier. If no satisfaction from Jaben for a replacement, contact Michael. The two issues I had with my Dacmini were handled promptly and I was/am completely satisfied with their service/repairs.

Aug 30, 2013 at 8:54 AM Post #3,221 of 5,999
^ +1

I don't know about Jaben's customer service but CEntrance customer service is Top Tier. If no satisfaction from Jaben for a replacement, contact Michael. The two issues I had with my Dacmini were handled promptly and I was/am completely satisfied with their service/repairs.

I will but it's not urgent. See my earlier post. Cheers

Aug 30, 2013 at 9:03 AM Post #3,222 of 5,999
Hello again,

The LOD is not an issue for me as I have better quality ones. Jaben said they will replace when newer stocks come in. Ditto the power supply as it comes with US plug whereas I use the UK three pin and again I have better ones. Now item 2. You know when you look at the USB terminal the right way up? With my CLAS and typical LOD wires the plastic bit in that terminal is on the lower part. With the M8 it's on the upper part. So when you use the typical LOD/USB cables you have to invert the USB end. Hope I explained that well.

Re point 2, see pic. That is from my CLAS. See how the USB has the plastic on the top half? Well the M8 plastic is also on top half so you have to twist your LOD wire to fit.

Aug 30, 2013 at 10:42 AM Post #3,225 of 5,999
Quote:
Turn you m8 upside down?
smily_headphones1.gif

^ that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back