The Centrance HiFi M8 thread
Aug 29, 2013 at 12:42 PM Post #3,196 of 5,999
Quote:
October would be nice.  But I'm not complaining, I'm like last in line...

Actually, I was one of the first in line, and I'll probably get my units after you.  I told them to wait until all the bugs, production issues and upgrades have been worked out before shipping them.  As long as I get my iM8 before December for a holiday gift.

So the very essence of delayed gratification.  But I have to act in concert with all my sermonizing about rushing product release.

Aug 29, 2013 at 2:07 PM Post #3,197 of 5,999
Quote:

Actually, I was one of the first in line, and I'll probably get my units after you.  I told them to wait until all the bugs, production issues and upgrades have been worked out before shipping them.  As long as I get my iM8 before December for a holiday gift.

So the very essence of delayed gratification.  But I have to act in concert with all my sermonizing about rushing product release.

By then there might be a new iDevice to pair with the M8.  128gb iPod Touch anyone?

Aug 29, 2013 at 4:25 PM Post #3,199 of 5,999
Quote:
Does anybody know where to get the yellow cable sleeve Jude has name on from his AK 120 to the Centrance amp?

rdsreference, that cable is a prototype that sysconcept.ca included with my optical cable order.

I purchased the 2mm 1300-fiber cable from them, and they wanted me to try a 7400-fiber one, too (they're not sure yet if they're going to make that version available for sale, as the 7400-fiber cable is rather expensive).

The yellow cable sleeve came on the prototype cable--I'm guessing it was intended to remind me what it is (a 7400-fiber cable).

Aug 29, 2013 at 4:46 PM Post #3,200 of 5,999
Aug 29, 2013 at 5:06 PM Post #3,201 of 5,999
Quote:

rdsreference, that cable is a prototype that sysconcept.ca included with my optical cable order.

I purchased the 2mm 1300-fiber cable from them, and they wanted me to try a 7400-fiber one, too (they're not sure yet if they're going to make that version available for sale, as the 7400-fiber cable is rather expensive).

The yellow cable sleeve came on the prototype cable--I'm guessing it was intended to remind me what it is (a 7400-fiber cable).

Thanks for the info, but are there any major differences between the two?

Aug 29, 2013 at 8:49 PM Post #3,203 of 5,999
I've been so glued to my HiFi-M8 since its arrival, I got in trouble with the wifey yesterday when I brought it outside on the porch last night for sunset!!
That's typically our alone time: We phase out the world, turn the cell phones off, and just enjoy the silence.

But, I was so enraptured by the combo of my HiFi-M8 + Mad Dogs I couldn't help it!
So, after I played something for Alexandra (my wifey) outside, she quickly changed her mind and let me bask in some Bonobo
as the sun went down!!

NICE - we were havin' such a great time bangin' tunes without bothering the neighbors I busted out my LCD3's.
A GREAT sunset listening sesh:

Aug 30, 2013 at 3:38 AM Post #3,205 of 5,999
Awesome to see some feedback from MadDog owners!  I'm just about set on pre-ordering the AlphaDogs, and I've been trying to figure out a DAC/ AMP combo for them.  The M8 what I've read here about the M8 seems almost too good to be true.  The portability is appealing too.  My thinking is that this would be a good home and travel solution for now,  but if  down the road I find that I want / need more power/performance from a home amp,  the M8 could still pull DAC duty at home sitting next to a bigger amp.  Does this makes sense?

How would you compare the M8>MadDog  combo to a similarly priced desktop DAC/amp > MadDog  combo?   

Aug 30, 2013 at 5:37 AM Post #3,207 of 5,999
Quote:
I've been so glued to my HiFi-M8 since its arrival, I got in trouble with the wifey yesterday when I brought it outside on the porch last night for sunset!!

So there I went to test it, and having read all your earlier threads about how long it would take to get one, etc, I asked what deposit must I pay and when is the earliest shipment. They said 100% deposit but you can get it now. It came in yesterday! Click click bang bang. Pulled the trigger.

Aug 30, 2013 at 6:09 AM Post #3,208 of 5,999
Quote:
So there I went to test it, and having read all your earlier threads about how long it would take to get one, etc, I asked what deposit must I pay and when is the earliest shipment. They said 100% deposit but you can get it now. It came in yesterday! Click click bang bang. Pulled the trigger.

^^^ You will be envied...

Aug 30, 2013 at 6:59 AM Post #3,209 of 5,999
^^^ You will be envied...

Nice to see that the unit comes almost fully charged for instant gratification. Three very minor nit picks: 1. The supplied 30 pin to USB cable didn't work on this or any other device of mine. Used one of my spare cables and they were fine on the M8. 2. The USB socket on the M8 is the wrong way around because with all my other 5 short wires I had to twist the wire around. 3. The part of the power cable going into the adapter (?) is so loose that one touch and the power is interrupted.
But these are nitpicks and not deal breakers.

Aug 30, 2013 at 7:39 AM Post #3,210 of 5,999
Quote:

You went where to test it?

When did you go?

Idevice model it seems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back