The Centrance HiFi M8 thread
Jun 13, 2013 at 11:52 AM Post #2,266 of 5,999
Jun 13, 2013 at 8:37 PM Post #2,271 of 5,999
Jun 13, 2013 at 11:50 PM Post #2,274 of 5,999
I'm not trying to be sassy, But where did it say this is "Apple Approved"?
Nonetheless, I will probably pick one up, Amazon's cables are usually nicely built.

Um, the big "Made for iPod" logo in the description? You can only display that if you are part of the MFi program (apple approved).

Jun 14, 2013 at 1:56 AM Post #2,275 of 5,999
Um, the big "Made for iPod" logo in the description? You can only display that if you are part of the MFi program (apple approved).

Ahh, I see. I never knew that was an actual "licensed" logo or whatever you call it. Learn something new every day.
I could have sworn I've seen that logo displayed on obvious Chinese knockoff stuff- I never thought it meant anything other than "don't try to use it on your Android dumb@$$" lol.

Jun 14, 2013 at 2:52 AM Post #2,277 of 5,999
I think Amazon wouldn't be so stupid to manufacture and sell lightning cables without Apple's approval?

All sort of other companies make and sell Apple accessories without Apple's approval. It's not unheard of. In fact, it's widespread. That's why Apple is adding this new feature in iOs7- so they can scare people into using only "authorized" accessories (when in fact anything will do).

So yes, companies are "stupid enough" to make unauthorized accessories.

Jun 14, 2013 at 3:32 AM Post #2,278 of 5,999
In the past for the 30pin Apple connector, there will be a pop-up screen when a non-authorised connector/device is connected. The user has to press 'ok/cancel', before continuing. It's just annoying. 
---
CEntrance blog. 
A milestone post:http://centrance.com/products/new/blog/
Do watch the video below by Tyll if you feel even slightly passionate about the M8. Sums up what spurred the development of the M8. Also shows how hard Michael has worked, and how relieved he's to be in the final sprint to ship.

---
Below is the summary of the surveys that contributed to CEntrance's hard work, and hopefully many customers' sastifaction.
Balanced Headphones?
Output Level Preference?
Band choice!

Interesting to note that CEntrance took the unpopular choice of raised letters after someone indicated that inset letters reduced the durability of the band. CEntrance tested the different bands for confirmation. So CEntrance did listen to valued opinions, rather than only following the popular vote.
---

I think the Hifi-M8 really lived up to its name. A mate that goes beyond what's expected for another mate. 

Jun 14, 2013 at 10:36 AM Post #2,279 of 5,999
Great video. It really is gearing up to one of the top devices.

It has oodles of power, it will support high resolution playback - even with idevices eventually, single input or balanced, bass and treble switches, a chaoice of gain and output impedance etc.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Michael: any updates on the volume bar?

The only `negative` feedback i had was that the volume bar on my iphone4 was still functioning which Michael said he would take care of in within the Hifi-m8 software.

My personal preference (which I didnt share with Michael on the day, sorry) is for it to be deactivated AND disappear altogether like on my portable amps, one irk of my Fostex hp_p1 is that visible volume bar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back