The Centrance HiFi M8 thread
Jun 11, 2013 at 12:31 PM Post #2,251 of 5,999
Quote:
Screenshots - no idea at this point - this would be probably up to the community here, since you guys have the player apps. The unit itself won't have a way to indicate the S/R.

Sounds like this issue will always be contentious, then.  A corollary question is whether the apps/measurement software will be able to distinguish between true 24 bit output data resolution and 16 bit data padded with an additional 8 zeros so that it appears to be 24 bits, as has been attributed to the Apple iPad iOS. 

Jun 11, 2013 at 12:44 PM Post #2,252 of 5,999
Quote:
evil_smiley.gif
muahahaha  ...I CALL DIBS ON THE FIRST M8 LX!

No so fast, my friend...  Evoking the dark force will not gain you any special privileges.  Like I said, some others have also been hanging out in that particular lounge for awhile. 
wink.gif

I wonder if the M8 serial numbers will start out at 00...01 in order of assignment, so's we Original 40 can tell how relatively special we are...

Jun 11, 2013 at 1:06 PM Post #2,253 of 5,999
What balanced headphones are you guys preparing to use with the M8? 
The balanced Mad Dogs seems appealing with it being single-entry, as dual entry tends to be more cumbersome and uncomfortable? 
Any other single entry balanced headphones?

Okay, I'll play along...
size]

Balanced LCD-2 r2's. Those are however going to be mostly used single ended with my computer/desktop setup but I'm sure will play nice with the M8 as well.

But for the most part, as this is a portable device, so I will be using my Heir 8.A and 4.A terminated with 4 pin XLR. I have a spare BTG sunrise that I've already terminated to XLR and if the Heir CIEM's sound great with the M8 I will then terminate both Heir Magnus cables to XLR. Then switch the BTG back to single end for when I need just the ipod and CIEM for a super slim on the go setup. 

Jun 11, 2013 at 1:14 PM Post #2,254 of 5,999
Quote:

No so fast, my friend...  Evoking the dark force will not gain you any special privileges.  Like I said, some others have also been hanging out in that particular lounge for awhile. 
wink.gif

I wonder if the M8 serial numbers will start out at 00...01 in order of assignment, so's we Original 40 can tell how relatively special we are...

I asked that before and Michael said their serial number are 32bit long..  I would love to have the serial number 8 if possible.

Jun 12, 2013 at 11:42 AM Post #2,257 of 5,999
Jun 13, 2013 at 1:24 AM Post #2,264 of 5,999
Quote:
Something with DSD playback I hope..When the time is right.

I was hoping for something with 4-channel output. Actually I'd be curious to see if they would dip their toes again into the proaudio realm. Something like a small 2in-4out (or more) would seem right up their alley and not that big of a stretch from their existing tech. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back