The Centrance HiFi M8 thread
Feb 1, 2013 at 7:25 AM Post #1,292 of 5,999
Michael, 

Regarding your post about battery meter... most of the amps/DACs I've owned have overly bright LEDs, which IMHO are quite irritating when listening in the dark. I am hoping the M8 will have none of those :p

Yes, as a measure to save battery, we will make the LEDs dim. Thanks for the reminder, as this is not the first priority item typically, but still important.

So I'm guessing there'll be no problem with the hifi-m8? :)

For now, I'm also guessing. We will get an iPhone 5 soon to check with. I will let you know.

Feb 1, 2013 at 8:00 AM Post #1,293 of 5,999
Yes, as a measure to save battery, we will make the LEDs dim. Thanks for the reminder, as this is not the first priority item typically, but still important.
For now, I'm also guessing. We will get an iPhone 5 soon to check with. I will let you know.

Sounds great :) can't wait!

Feb 1, 2013 at 2:17 PM Post #1,297 of 5,999
I wouldn't use the bands so my vote wouldn't be helpful. I plan to use 3M Dual Lock as I find the bands functionally obscuring and aesthetically unappealing. That said, I do like that the band approach protects the top and bottom of the stack which is something Dual Lock can't do.

Feb 2, 2013 at 4:30 PM Post #1,300 of 5,999
Quote:
Quote:
Sorry if this question has been asked before as I haven't read all posts...

Another feature that would make the M8 really unique would be some way to physically integrate its source. As far as I know, no other DAC/AMP has this feature. On the go I expect that many of us will use an iPod (Classic/Touch) or iPhone. Attaching it with rubber bands perhaps looks cool, but isn't optimal. Now, my question is if this perhaps is in the pipe? If not, what is this on top of the M8?:

Thanks for asking. We are focusing on sound quality at the moment -- the most important feature of the product.

In the future we may in fact make the phone clip, but in the initial release we will supply CEntrance branded rubber bands instead - they will be the right size for most smart phones. The plastic clip is a separate exercise and I simply don't want to be distracted with that at the moment. It's a very complex animal as far as plastic molds are concerned. So, later on that.

I fully understand and respect your prioritization. Sounds very wise indeed! Anyway, you didn't answer my original question: "what is this on top of the M8?" I'm I nagging you now?
wink_face.gif

Feb 2, 2013 at 4:55 PM Post #1,301 of 5,999
Quote:
Michael, 

Regarding your post about battery meter... most of the amps/DACs I've owned have overly bright LEDs, which IMHO are quite irritating when listening in the dark. I am hoping the M8 will have none of those :p

Oh, yes!!! How could I forget this really important feature (seriously). I sometimes listen at night while my wife is presumable asleep, but more than once the LEDs have blown my cover and I get a nudge on the side and my wife's voice saying: "Go to sleep now!".

So please consider it! We must be more than two people having this or similar problems with the too bright LEDs. Well, maybe not. I guess most true audiophiles never marry, or are divorced when all money is nowhere to be found, and the house is full of this really inexpensive, once in a life time deals on hi-fi equipment.
wink.gif

Feb 2, 2013 at 7:06 PM Post #1,304 of 5,999
Maybe I should of said bright led's

I have a clock radio that's really bright even in its lowest setting so I leave it face down. I know it's turned on because I plugged it in.

I assume the hifi m8 has an on/off switch.

Feb 2, 2013 at 7:17 PM Post #1,305 of 5,999
And as an aside, we don't need the LEDs to go threw a flashing sequence when it is turned on.
Is it just me that thinks that's a pointless gimmick. It's not a ghetto blaster or a after market car stereo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back