The Centrance HiFi M8 thread
Dec 12, 2012 at 10:41 AM Post #872 of 5,999
Quote:

So what kind of power are we dealing with here? Would it be able drive the LCD3 in a satisfactory fashion? I heard one out of a ALO Rx MK3-B and it sounded pretty damn sweet. I would mostly get a M8 for CIEMs, but it would be a nice bonus.
Quote:
Should be plenty of power for LCD3!

EXCITING!

Dec 12, 2012 at 7:32 PM Post #873 of 5,999
Quote:

Originally Posted by NorthernAvengeR /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So what kind of power are we dealing with here? Would it be able drive the LCD3 in a satisfactory fashion? I heard one out of a ALO Rx MK3-B and it sounded pretty damn sweet. I would mostly get a M8 for CIEMs, but it would be a nice bonus.

EXCITING!

Yes :)

Dec 13, 2012 at 2:59 AM Post #876 of 5,999
Quote:

The prototype HiFi-M8 at RMAF could easily drive my LCD-2 in balanced mode, and power levels seemed to come in above the DACport but below the DACmini.  That will likely change with the production model, but I doubt you'll find it to be underpowered with the LCD-2 or 3.

Dec 13, 2012 at 7:42 AM Post #878 of 5,999
hey guys,

Did you kept up to date with the hifi-m8 blog?
http://centrance.com/products/new/blog/2012/12/13/power-consumption-vol-2/
Sounds like they are working harder than ever.
Micheal, and mates, my vote still goes to kick ass sound quality over battery life... Keep the hard work going, we're all on your sides... spiritualy at least :wink:
best regards

Dec 13, 2012 at 8:07 AM Post #879 of 5,999
Quote:
hey guys,

Did you kept up to date with the hifi-m8 blog?
http://centrance.com/products/new/blog/2012/12/13/power-consumption-vol-2/
Sounds like they are working harder than ever.
Micheal, and mates, my vote still goes to kick ass sound quality over battery life... Keep the hard work going, we're all on your sides... spiritualy at least :wink:
best regards

I second that! SQ > Battery Life....but I want it all!  I bet that Michael, Kenny, and crew will deliver on both counts. I'm really looking forward to it.

Dec 13, 2012 at 11:07 AM Post #881 of 5,999
Good day,

I have also placed my pre-order as I was excited about the prospect of a single device with lots of power and an Apple digital input.  

My question is does there exist a portable FLAC or other HiRes player with a large HD (or SD memory slot) that has a digital USB output, that I could use for those files that cannot be played in their native form on the iPod?  I would rather not convert to apple format if I do not have to.  If this has been covered before, if you could direct towards a thread or provide search parameters, that would be much appreciated.  To this point my searches have not yielded the desired result. 

Also, does anyone know if the ARCHOS 48 has a USB digital output that can be used with the HiFi M8 through the USB port?  That is sort of portable and has a 500 GB HD, and is not prohibitively expensive.

As I said I'm getting the iDevice/USB input with the 4 pin XLR/1/4 inch output option.  I know it might be a bit of overkill with the Heir 8a in terms of power but this sounds like what I have really wanted.  

Thanks in advance.

Dec 13, 2012 at 12:08 PM Post #883 of 5,999
Nooooo!  Not the other model op amp!  There goes the pitch-black noise floor and transient dynamics...
wink.gif

Dec 13, 2012 at 1:08 PM Post #884 of 5,999
I'm fearful he might cave in to the battery life first camp. He should go with the best sounding opamp first, and if battery life suffers so be it. There's already enough products out there that puts battery life over sound. I'm really concerned about the change in opamps to improve battery life idea as stated on their recent blog.

Dec 13, 2012 at 1:20 PM Post #885 of 5,999
Quote:
I'm fearful he might cave in to the battery life first camp. He should go with the best sounding opamp first, and if battery life suffers so be it. There's already enough products out there that puts battery life over sound. I'm really concerned about the change in opamps to improve battery life idea as stated on their recent blog.

Yea, I will not be interested to buy if there are ANY compromises in sound quality. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back