The Centrance HiFi M8 thread
Dec 6, 2012 at 6:42 PM Post #811 of 5,999
Quote:
That's precisely what I did. 

The fact that they ignored me after I pointed it out speaks volumes though. 

And, I never did get an answer to my original question either. 

I am very sorry about the confusion. PM sent.

Quote:
Pardon the dumb question, but is the only difference between the 2 versions that one offers iDevice input and the other optical?

If I were to primarily use a HiFi-M8 with a laptop via USB, then it wouldn't really matter which version I went for?

Also, does using the USB input limit the DAC in any way as seen with some dac/amp boxes?

Yes, when referring to the HiFi-M8 and HiFi-M8 LX, the only difference on the input side is swapping idevice for optical. USB DAC implementation is one of our specialties and both versions will  provide our signature sound quality with no limitations.
Any release window or idea when it'll be ready?
smily_headphones1.gif

If everything runs smooth then we are hoping to ship before February.

Dec 6, 2012 at 10:36 PM Post #813 of 5,999
Quote:
I am very sorry about the confusion. PM sent.

Yes, when referring to the HiFi-M8 and HiFi-M8 LX, the only difference on the input side is swapping idevice for optical. USB DAC implementation is one of our specialties and both versions will  provide our signature sound quality with no limitations.

If everything runs smooth then we are hoping to ship before February.

Sounds good :) When can we pre-order??

Dec 7, 2012 at 12:42 AM Post #815 of 5,999
Quote:
Pardon the dumb question, but is the only difference between the 2 versions that one offers iDevice input and the other optical?

If I were to primarily use a HiFi-M8 with a laptop via USB, then it wouldn't really matter which version I went for?

Also, does using the USB input limit the DAC in any way as seen with some dac/amp boxes?

Yes, correct - the only difference is one has iDevice input and the other (LX) has optical in its place.
If you are using it with the laptop, you can get either one.
USB is 24/192, so no -- there are no limitations that we know of.

Dec 7, 2012 at 12:51 AM Post #816 of 5,999
Quote:
That's precisely what I did. 

The fact that they ignored me after I pointed it out speaks volumes though. 

And, I never did get an answer to my original question either. 

Yes, human error is it. I'm sorry! We are frantically trying to tie up a whole bunch of loose ends with a small staff. Unfortunately, things are bound to get mixed up - totally not our intention though and sorry about the bad impression! I have sent you a PM and I believe Kenny did the same. I actually didn't know that he did, until I sent mine. So you can answer to both of us or one of us. We are here to make it right!

What was your original question? You can answer here or via PM.

Quote:
hay dis ez teh interwebz.....groan.

Love the lolcat speak. Give us more! :)

Dec 8, 2012 at 5:37 AM Post #817 of 5,999
since the hifim8 is being brought out as a portable dac/amp solution, it would have been nice if there was a 3.5 mm input for non-apple/usb capable portable sources like the clips and cowons...is there a reason why it was omitted?

Dec 8, 2012 at 6:15 AM Post #818 of 5,999
Quote:
since the hifim8 is being brought out as a portable dac/amp solution, it would have been nice if there was a 3.5 mm input for non-apple/usb capable portable sources like the clips and cowons...is there a reason why it was omitted?

(I dont usually spam funny pics here, but just for fun-No offense intended to the person quoted).

Dec 8, 2012 at 10:07 AM Post #821 of 5,999
Thank you for your suggestion. We decided to concentrate on making M8 a versatile DAC first and a headphone amp second. In retrospect, it's turned out to be a killer headphone amp as well, because of customer input, such as yours. At this time we already have aluminum chassis parts ordered, so panel space is at a premium. Next version will include analog line input.

Dec 8, 2012 at 11:02 AM Post #822 of 5,999
Quote:
Thank you for your suggestion. We decided to concentrate on making M8 a versatile DAC first and a headphone amp second. In retrospect, it's turned out to be a killer headphone amp as well, because of customer input, such as yours. At this time we already have aluminum chassis parts ordered, so panel space is at a premium. Next version will include analog line input.

that would be great...thanks...with such versatile compatibility, this product range will definitely cater to a wide spectrum of audiophiles...and if it excels in each of its functions its going to be a killer package

Users who are viewing this thread

Back