The Centrance HiFi M8 thread
Jan 24, 2014 at 8:13 PM Post #4,261 of 5,999
I have the M8 LX and traveling with it and my WIN 8.1 laptop and my SENN HD800, Logitech UD900iem
The WIN 8.1 driver is buggy .. WASAPI MODE needs manual setting to match each music file's nitrate... Not auto! The ASIO DRIVER works better... Auto bit rate works..
You have to connect the USB cable between M8 to the laptop and switch on the M8 and then you boot up the laptop. Sometimes if I power the M8 LX to the optical and then back to the USB mode the laptop will recognize the M8; sometimes NO! BUGGY ....
With U900, lowest gain will sound fine , my HD800 needs mid Gain to work.
I have even a 1/4 inch TRS to RCA MALE and connect to my tube main rig. Set the M8 to highest gain. The main rig sounded real good through my tube mono bloc amps and Fostex crossover less Horn speakers.
Just for fun, I rigged up a RCA to female 1/4inch TRS plugged(DIY)
my HD800's into my Tube preamp output !
Wow tube richness but at the expense of a bit of speed and impact compared to direct connection to the M8 LX
I will post a full review of my experiments when I get back from my overseas trip as my experiments were cut short by my overseas trip.

Jan 28, 2014 at 9:55 PM Post #4,263 of 5,999
  Hey All,

Sorry about the lack of info. We have been super busy with trade shows, HiFi-M8 production and Mixerface/Mini-M8 development.

The 24/96 upgrade is still in the works and we will have more info very soon!

-Kenny

Thanks for the update. I think it's pretty bad that there is still no manual for the Hi-Fi M8 though. 

Jan 29, 2014 at 6:06 AM Post #4,264 of 5,999
  Thanks for the update. I think it's pretty bad that there is still no manual for the Hi-Fi M8 though. 

We are the manual.....
smile.gif

Seriously, I would be more concerned about that if this thread wasn't here.  We're a smart enough of a bunch to figure things out...

Jan 29, 2014 at 1:48 PM Post #4,265 of 5,999
Jan 29, 2014 at 11:29 PM Post #4,266 of 5,999
  Nice, I am still waiting for my 5mm version from the mail.

Hi DrSheep,
Can you tell me the information you provided to sysconcept.ca? I mean the center-to-center distance and the angel value you gave them.
I just order the M8 LX and the AK100. I want to order the cable so they're all come to my house at about the same time.

Jan 30, 2014 at 5:36 AM Post #4,267 of 5,999

Hi DrSheep,
Can you tell me the information you provided to sysconcept.ca? I mean the center-to-center distance and the angel value you gave them.
I just order the M8 LX and the AK100. I want to order the cable so they're all come to my house at about the same time.

There is no need, as Sysconcept.ca has all that info on file as they have done the cables before.  All you need is to place the order and tell them your setup in the comments.  But if you REALLY want the info, here are the two setup they have done (I use the first setup):

M8-AK120_3.4cm_c2c_32deg.jpg - is 32 degrees 3.4cm Center-to-Center as the units are centered.

M8-AK120_3.75cm_c2c_28deg.jpg - is 28 degrees 3.75cm Center-to-Center as the AK120 is shifted to the left.

Jan 30, 2014 at 9:00 AM Post #4,269 of 5,999
Wahoo, my shiny new M8 is now preparing for despatch...

...Will be with me tomorrow :D

Welcoming myself to the 'club' :) 

Jan 31, 2014 at 2:42 AM Post #4,270 of 5,999
WooooHoooo.....My Ety ER4PT transformed to Ety ER4S with the included resistor adapter paired with my HiFi-M8 with sub-bass boost up 1 notch is truly jaw dropping. Listening to Rickie Lee Jones - Traces Of The Western Slopes (Pirates album) is just oooh aaaah oooh with the super fast transient attacks and the deep bass and beautiful mids. Finally the perfect Ety ER4 is achieved (well almost) except for the ear rape insertion.....ouch 
etysmile.gif
 My Phonak PFE232 is taking the back seat from now on 
tongue.gif

For anyone who loves your Ety ER4 do yourself a big favor. Go get yourself the Centrance HiFi-M8 and you'll know what I mean 
etysmile.gif
etysmile.gif
etysmile.gif
etysmile.gif
etysmile.gif

Jan 31, 2014 at 6:05 AM Post #4,271 of 5,999
Well,

My M8 has just turned up, unboxed it, and had the briefest of listens - from the 5S, sounds great :D

Looking forward to playing with it on the commute home :)

Jan 31, 2014 at 6:08 AM Post #4,272 of 5,999
  Thank DrSheep for the info. One more question - Is there difference between the 2.2mm and the 5.0mm other than size?

Just the shielding size, the optics themselves are the same.  I went with 5mm as it seems more robust.

Jan 31, 2014 at 3:54 PM Post #4,273 of 5,999
I'm probably missing something stupid, but on foobar, I can only use direct sound (DS) and not WASAPI (unrecoverable playback error regardless of what bitrate I set the output to be)... 

Am I losing much just having DS?

...Despite the above concern, this sounds damned fantastic with my LCD2's, better than my Burson strangely...

Jan 31, 2014 at 8:47 PM Post #4,275 of 5,999
  I'm probably missing something stupid, but on foobar, I can only use direct sound (DS) and not WASAPI (unrecoverable playback error regardless of what bitrate I set the output to be)... 

Am I losing much just having DS?

...Despite the above concern, this sounds damned fantastic with my LCD2's, better than my Burson strangely...

Did you try to install the ASIO driver from Centrance and adding ASIO component to Foobar.  http://centrance.com/downloads/ ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back