The Centrance HiFi M8 thread
Jan 28, 2015 at 12:20 AM Post #5,311 of 5,999
  http://www.head-fi.org/t/662881/centrance-hifi-m8-and-hifi-m8-lx-8-versions-impressions-thread

*Line out: Set the gain at 2 and turn the volume to maximum, this is effectively the Line Out.
HiFi-M8 is designed so that you can achieve "line level" output by keeping the gain switch in the middle position and putting the volume control all the way up.
-Kenny/Kefsef10 (Centrance)

Jan 28, 2015 at 6:40 AM Post #5,312 of 5,999
Theres also a difference depending on what cable you use via the optical out.

Optical, standard, etc- theres a post somewhere around the time the hifi-m8 came out if someone wants to try to dig it out.i asked the question , maybe it was Mike mercer who answered it- dunno it's been a while.

Jan 28, 2015 at 9:40 AM Post #5,313 of 5,999
didn't people just post it? Centrance employee stated to turn volume all the way up and set gain to 2 if I remember correctly.

From which output if I might ask? From what I understand, it has to be an analog (converted digital) out without any amplification, am I correct? The hidden 1/8" optical is digital, right? I tried the said setting with all my analog outs and the output were just super loud. Are these line-out signal?

Jan 28, 2015 at 9:58 AM Post #5,314 of 5,999
From which output if I might ask? From what I understand, it has to be an analog (converted digital) out without any amplification, am I correct? The hidden 1/8" optical is digital, right? I tried the said setting with all my analog outs and the output were just super loud. Are these line-out signal?

Analog is the only type of signal that is amplified if I'm not mistaken..

Super loud- did your just plug in your headphones? A line out is to send a signal to another device, such as an amp. Or in a car audio application, people convert the stock car stereos signal to a line out, then feed that into a signal processor or equalizer, then ultimately an amp.

I've taken pictures, hooking up a fiio e7 amp to the line out from my M8. The M8 is being fed the optical output from my Xbox One. So I effectively converted the digital stereo signal to analog, then sent that signal out to the Fiio. Why anyone would actually replicate what I've done i do not know (Hopefully you have a stellar desktop amp and not just a portable one like mine, because almost every other portable amp is inferior to what is integrated in the M8).

Jan 28, 2015 at 10:51 AM Post #5,315 of 5,999
Analog is the only type of signal that is amplified if I'm not mistaken..

Super loud- did your just plug in your headphones? A line out is to send a signal to another device, such as an amp. Or in a car audio application, people convert the stock car stereos signal to a line out, then feed that into a signal processor or equalizer, then ultimately an amp.

I've taken pictures, hooking up a fiio e7 amp to the line out from my M8. The M8 is being fed the optical output from my Xbox One. So I effectively converted the digital stereo signal to analog, then sent that signal out to the Fiio. Why anyone would actually replicate what I've done i do not know (Hopefully you have a stellar desktop amp and not just a portable one like mine, because almost every other portable amp is inferior to what is integrated in the M8).

Thanks for your demonstration but i have the cmb version and already had dual 3-pin xlr termination's cable. I have to take advantage of it. If i set up a combo like you, i have to buy a lot of adapters and i really don't want to use adapters. Sad

Jan 28, 2015 at 11:56 AM Post #5,316 of 5,999
  Thanks for your demonstration but i have the cmb version and already had dual 3-pin xlr termination's cable. I have to take advantage of it. If i set up a combo like you, i have to buy a lot of adapters and i really don't want to use adapters. Sad

You would only need 2 short XLR cables to go from the M8 to the Bryson.  It can be done on the cheap.  That shouldn't be a deal killer...

Jan 28, 2015 at 10:38 PM Post #5,318 of 5,999
I trawled through the thread for ages trying to find out about using the Hifi-M8 with external devices such as feeding a home system

http://www.head-fi.org/t/622939/the-centrance-hifi-m8-thread/2940#post_9716124

Jan 29, 2015 at 11:04 AM Post #5,319 of 5,999
I posted this in the other M8 thread as well but if you are in the market for an M8 like I am, now is the time!

I'm surprised more people aren't jumping on this. Maybe its the timing of it as I was about to buy an M8.

$769USD
HiFi-M8 and HiFi-Skyn bundle Change
Many of you requested this bundle. Save over $320! This limited-time offer is only good for the duration of the campaign. Shipping not included.
Estimated delivery: February 2015
2 out of 100 claimed

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/hifi-skyn-iphone-case-for-audiophiles

Jan 29, 2015 at 11:50 AM Post #5,320 of 5,999
I posted this in the other M8 thread as well but if you are in the market for an M8 like I am, now is the time!

I'm surprised more people aren't jumping on this. Maybe its the timing of it as I was about to buy an M8.

$769USD

HiFi-M8 and HiFi-Skyn bundle Change
Many of you requested this bundle. Save over $320! This limited-time offer is only good for the duration of the campaign. Shipping not included.
Estimated delivery: February 2015
2 out of 100 claimed

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/hifi-skyn-iphone-case-for-audiophiles

That does seem like a good deal, but of course it is limited to iPhone owners. Additionally, I think many M8 purchasers participate in the Centrance 30% off deals. I did. I got my M8 direct from Centrances site last February for $504 to my door. So in my eyes, that means the skyn would be another $260+, which I think is more than the skyn alone on indiegogo. To each their own though.

Jan 29, 2015 at 12:47 PM Post #5,321 of 5,999
That does seem like a good deal, but of course it is limited to iPhone owners. Additionally, I think many M8 purchasers participate in the Centrance 30% off deals. I did. I got my M8 direct from Centrances site last February for $504 to my door. So in my eyes, that means the skyn would be another $260+, which I think is more than the skyn alone on indiegogo. To each their own though.

Thanks for the heads up, that explains it then. It's not easy looking through 5000 posts to get that info.

Jan 29, 2015 at 1:40 PM Post #5,322 of 5,999
CEntrance runs all kind of deals.  I can't really say where they run a bunch through (we aren't allowed to mention group buy sites), but following CEntrance on social media will get you all the scoops...

Jan 29, 2015 at 3:02 PM Post #5,323 of 5,999
CEntrance runs all kind of deals.  I can't really say where they run a bunch through (we aren't allowed to mention group buy sites), but following CEntrance on social media will get you all the scoops...
we are allowed to say Massdrop now. Massdrop became a vendor when they got AKG to make a custom Massdrop headphone.

Therefore, MASSDROP MASSDROP MASSDROP!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back