The Centrance HiFi M8 thread
Jan 6, 2015 at 6:30 AM Post #5,221 of 5,999
Plugged in (battery should be charged as well, but it is connected to the big charger), have done that sort of thing, but, no, wish it were just that. The PC read the CEntrance when I connected (not until I switched it to usb mode), prompted me do download the files needed to use it, so it does "see" it, but something, likely in settings, not letting me listen through the CEntrance.

Do you have the power on in the correct direction?  It's one direction for USB and another for optical?

Jan 6, 2015 at 7:15 AM Post #5,222 of 5,999
Yeah, you can't install the drivers if it's set wrong, PC won't see unit.

Jan 12, 2015 at 6:30 AM Post #5,224 of 5,999
i was looking to get this with my Colorfly Classic C4. How would i connect it to the Hifi M8? id be getting the HiFi-M8 XL4, which features 3.5mm, 6.3mm and four-pin XLR headphone output jacks on the front panel.

Jan 12, 2015 at 7:26 AM Post #5,225 of 5,999
The HiFi-M8 only accepts digital inputs.  Is that a USB port on there?  Is that for charging only, of data transfer only?

The only DAPs I know of that digitally input into any HiFi-M8 are A&Ks into LX models, Apple stuff into iDevice models (or the CCK trick), and some Android stuff...

Jan 12, 2015 at 9:40 AM Post #5,226 of 5,999
The HiFi-M8 only accepts digital inputs.  Is that a USB port on there?  Is that for charging only, of data transfer only?

The only DAPs I know of that digitally input into any HiFi-M8 are A&Ks into LX models, Apple stuff into iDevice models (or the CCK trick), and some Android stuff...

The USB port is used to both data transfer and charge. I can't believe there's no way to connect a colorfly to it? I guess I'll have to wait for the oppo ha2 then...

Jan 12, 2015 at 10:02 AM Post #5,227 of 5,999
Yeah, seems it works for an Android phone with otg cable (waiting for my 2nd to arrive, 1st didn't work with my HTC One M8...you'd think these M8's would have a natural affinity for each other :wink_face: ), or camera connector and "I" device, other sources should look elsewhere (which I didn't realize until AFTER I purchased one...my bad, though).

Jan 12, 2015 at 3:32 PM Post #5,229 of 5,999
  Just ordered M8 for my LCD2!!  I'm so happy/excited!

Hope it sounds as good as other people's opinion.

I listened to a rev2 on mine.  You should be quite pleased with the results...

Jan 12, 2015 at 9:43 PM Post #5,234 of 5,999

Most likely the CEntrance folks were tied up with the Consumer Electronics Show (CES). I'd just send a follow-up email.

I actually figured that's what was going on, so I hadn't planned on bothering them for a few days yet.  I didn't realize the event was that close at hand when I ordered it last weekend, nor did I expect so many in the audio world to be that interested.  

Jan 12, 2015 at 9:43 PM Post #5,235 of 5,999
Steve Guttenburg reviewed the Hugo and compared it to the CEntrance; he loves the CEntrance, but (at 4 times the price or so) the Hugo is MUCH better according to his write up. Haven't ever heard the Hugo, really curious to have a listen.

Jerry Harvey felt the same way about the HUGO until I introduced him to the HiFi-M8 "output impedance" switch, and after he switched it to the 3rd setting Jerry felt the HiFi-M8 was an equivalent piece of kit with the Roxanne.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back